MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I honestly can't remember the last time we came completely clean with a truck. Oh wait, I do. It was the day before this stupid ass program was started. Yet somehow, my store is considered the example for how it should be working.

Because freight sitting under the line for 2 full days before it's worked is a great replenishment system that is sure to drive sales!

I honestly can't remember the last time we came completely clean with a truck. Oh wait, I do. It was the day before this stupid ass program was started. Yet somehow, my store is considered the example for how it should be working.

Because freight sitting under the line for 2 full days before it's worked is a great replenishment system that is sure to drive sales!
ALL of the above is the same at my store. We are constantly reminded that guest service comes first: tasks are not to be our priority and metric numbers don't matter!

WTF? Really?

Well, when we get slammed with freight in Q4, and guests start asking for items that we received six of that day, but can't find on the sales floor or locate it in the backroom, maybe then they will see that tasks and metrics DO matter.

Quick question how far behind did you have your transitions fall?
Our ETL-log posted sheets for BRLA on our metal clip board showing what everyone who could backstock (ie everyone who was formally e2e) was at. I am red because I was at 96 then dropped to 91 because of the pets transition (i dont have wave access and no one would shoot up my pallets so they just sat there in everyones way so I eventually backstocked it all (expect one flat)

Also, I dont know where you are but our pervious ETL-log got a job as store manager at a regional grocery chain which has better benefits. Though I would share that.
Your brla shouldn't drop that low unless you don't pull often or you have no idea what you're doing

Your brla shouldn't drop that low unless you don't pull often or you have no idea what you're doing
I don't pull often. I know what I am doing.
They make us do manuals now. So if no one gets mine on the days off Itsb only tues thrusday sat

Why do you think they have not been spent?

A lack of planning. Some stores try so hard to make payroll that by the last week of the month they can't spend it all.

Anything you don't spend is lost the following year.

Doesn't that mean there will be even less next year?

Flex depends on sales so you can always earn it. I just wish more stores planned payroll better so they could spend weeks 3 and 4 of the month. Some stores only spend the final week and by then most team members are already maxed out.

Now, half of your flex automatically stays in the store, so if you flex up 200 hours week 1, you get to keep 100 of them, even if you tank sales later in the month. I think that at least Corp realizes how hard it can be at store level to risk not making payroll.

This is another remnant of the old system anyway, and I think they need to assess it specifically. As they figure out how much workload equals a certain amount of hours (something they are still pretty far off from), they need flex to be earned in the same manner. They were really big on "Sales isn't necessarily an accurate measure of payroll, workload is, so we are going to use that for you to earn hours." But flex is still earned on sales, which doesn't make sense.

If you take more freight than they projected in MyTime (I am curious), then you should flex hours. If the pricing workload was thousands of more tickets than it projected two weeks ago, then it should flex up. If you process more units/transactions at the lanes than they projected, then cashier should flex up etc... However, MyTime's measurements of work to hour would need to be accurate in the first place. I am convinced many of them are drastically off (which is why still many stores just do their own thing or fake it out).

And this would only help the stores that are staffed in the first place that could use the hours. Many stores are struggling to staff at all depending on their area since Target's pay for TMs isn't competitive in many cities, meaning we get the scraps.

actually looked at my stats and I posted on here the wrong number. mine is still 96. its the damn floating stock in the BR that is causing baffles

ALL of the above is the same at my store. We are constantly reminded that guest service comes first: tasks are not to be our priority and metric numbers don't matter!

WTF? Really?

Well, when we get slammed with freight in Q4, and guests start asking for items that we received six of that day, but can't find on the sales floor or locate it in the backroom, maybe then they will see that tasks and metrics DO matter.

We had that happen last year since we were denied containers so we lost money in well over the $100K range just in sales for stuff we could not find in the piles of pallets we had blocking up every damn aisle in the backroom.

Yup the fact my store got an added truck and they didn't give us more payroll to deal with it is going to make payroll a photo finish for August.

Been on LOA for a while but almost all of the new hires for the Market team have been let go. They couldn't keep up or just flat out didn't care - many times I would find them in the back texting while they should be backstocking.

It's a lot of work that rarely gets finished and for what they pay, it's going to be understaffed and lack coverage for a very long time.

From what it looks like from my position in the BR is that the two sections in my store that are E2E (Market and Softlines) are either not being given enough hours or do not have enough people to handle the workload (probably a combination of the two)

I would say about a quarter of the backstock currently in our backroom is just from those two sections. Their valleys are full of carts/flats/tubs and 3 tiers full of stuff waiting to be backstocked. They have been having BR people pull the Market pulls because they don't have people in to do them.

And those sections are so freaking messy that I can see why it takes forever to pull them and why they have so many errors in them.

From what it looks like from my position in the BR is that the two sections in my store that are E2E (Market and Softlines) are either not being given enough hours or do not have enough people to handle the workload (probably a combination of the two)

I would say about a quarter of the backstock currently in our backroom is just from those two sections. Their valleys are full of carts/flats/tubs and 3 tiers full of stuff waiting to be backstocked. They have been having BR people pull the Market pulls because they don't have people in to do them.

And those sections are so freaking messy that I can see why it takes forever to pull them and why they have so many errors in them.

Our Softlines alone has more hours than flow, plano, pricing, In-stocks put together and still leaves shit all over and can't do their own backstock.. I don't know what market is getting but its the next largest share at least they manage to get most of their stuff done on the daily. How well it gets done? Somedays that is up for debate.

This is another remnant of the old system anyway, and I think they need to assess it specifically. As they figure out how much workload equals a certain amount of hours (something they are still pretty far off from), they need flex to be earned in the same manner. They were really big on "Sales isn't necessarily an accurate measure of payroll, workload is, so we are going to use that for you to earn hours." But flex is still earned on sales, which doesn't make sense.

If you take more freight than they projected in MyTime (I am curious), then you should flex hours. If the pricing workload was thousands of more tickets than it projected two weeks ago, then it should flex up. If you process more units/transactions at the lanes than they projected, then cashier should flex up etc... However, MyTime's measurements of work to hour would need to be accurate in the first place. I am convinced many of them are drastically off (which is why still many stores just do their own thing or fake it out).

And this would only help the stores that are staffed in the first place that could use the hours. Many stores are struggling to staff at all depending on their area since Target's pay for TMs isn't competitive in many cities, meaning we get the scraps.

Those flex houra would have been freaking nice this week for price change. We had three people for Thursdays mayhem at my store. Back from price chamge was 9flats, 7 tubs and a pallet. then all of shoes went salvage on top of everythkng in the domestics, swim toys, sporting goods and some of the bts backpacks going clearance.
It was bad. Still bad.
Even worse when my team lead thought I wasn't doing anything......
Correction this whole week for price change has just been awful at my store .
And apparently there arent any hours to add people. And its frustrating because I love doing price change, its easy and having houra cut to 25-30 sucks. And they keep expecting me to work ahead, work ahead. How the f!ck am I spose to do that and help out Plano.
My store obviously hasnt to end to end. Only in grocery. But we still do all yhe clearance in there.
Sorry mini rant. .

My BR team complains about low hours, yet I'm finding a ton of bulk freight out of location. Accuracy is junk. You can guest service everyone who comes in but if there's nothing to buy it's useless. $100 plus items really push those basket sizes way up. If you did it right we would exceed sales and more hours would come. I shouldn't find 5-10 unlocated pallets in a shift, then clean out 20-30 spaces sending stuff to the empty floor. Talked to my STL and he's upset it's happening for obvious reasons

Back