MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Anyone having soft lines unload in your backroom? Directly after a truck has been unloaded? It's been at mine for about 2 months now and nothing but a disaster. Majority of bulk side of backroom can't be backstocked until about 6pm. Not to mention the soft lines team doesn't care who's way their in or what their blocking. Then after their done they virtually block the entire back side of the line with 10 or more z racks.

Really hoping soon softlines goes back to sorting on the floor. Whoever comes up with these idiotic ideas needs to stop

Anyone having soft lines unload in your backroom? Directly after a truck has been unloaded? It's been at mine for about 2 months now and nothing but a disaster. Majority of bulk side of backroom can't be backstocked until about 6pm. Not to mention the soft lines team doesn't care who's way their in or what their blocking. Then after their done they virtually block the entire back side of the line with 10 or more z racks.

Really hoping soon softlines goes back to sorting on the floor. Whoever comes up with these idiotic ideas needs to stop

My store switched to this right at the start of e2e in February. It's still like that. Everyone hates it, but it's what we have to do.

My store switched to this right at the start of e2e in February. It's still like that. Everyone hates it, but it's what we have to do.
They unload on the back side of the line, so all the tubs that would normally occupy it like the one with all the street dated Star Wars items on it, for example, sit on the floor usually blocking luggage until they are done.
Man, oh man.

I've heard a few stores in my area have gone back to softlines on the floor, so my fingers are crossed mine follows suit. It's an idea that makes no sense

We should rename this "End to End Team Murder" instead of Pilot. You know what kills me? When you spend HOURS backstocking carts only to have the damn autofills order the backroom to repull it the next day. It's double the work and stupid as hell but apparently this issue of creating autofills off of something that was JUST backstocked cannot be fixed. The system should not be pulling every item you backstock the very next day. -_- So irritating....
Why are you spending "hours" backstocking? If backstock is rolling over instead of being backstocked right after being worked out, then it's probably pulling the next day because it needs to go out.

So who else is getting their receiving/backroom area mutilated? They are butchering the pallet spaces like crazy so there's more room for the unload.

I can't even imagine how they plan on handling 3day to christmas. We would struggle for space to stage product before but now I have no idea how any of that is going to happen.

Not to mention the unloads are taking 5 hours now at a minimum.
We are struggling with beverage pallets taking up space right now. We have more pallets of BEV1 than PAPR, so they are kind of all over the place. That's not really anyone's fault though because it does get worked daily.

We also keep finding random mixed pallets in the steel since the truck push takes all day and the closing LOD is left with random pallets when they need to set the line, so they just throw it up to get it out of the way.

They threatened to do that in our main stockroom, but backed down because there just isn't enough space. There's barely enough space to do the repacks breakout as it is. Both sides of the line are full for most of the morning, so for now the softlines breakout still takes place on the floor.

I've heard a few stores in my area have gone back to softlines on the floor, so my fingers are crossed mine follows suit. It's an idea that makes no sense

I would be curious if that's actually true.

The focus on apparel is having the apparel shoppable and having a hotel lobby fitting room. I'm certain it will remain in the backroom

Anyone in consumables able to consistently do 1 box per minute? The guys at my store constantly get yelled at to do so, but they're understaffed 3-4 days a week it seems. Consumables exec has said nobody wants to transfer over and applicants shy away as well. Flow team at my store doesn't even get 1 box per minute. I see food team members, including pfresh, and their morale is nonexistent. Softlines is feeling pressure too. Here's to hoping an end to... End to end, haha.

Yes 1 box per minute is an aversge, some take longer others are quicker If you have 20 boxes of yoplait yogurt. You can do those in about 10 minutes easy. Orange juice easy.

All produce I get about 150 pieces everyday about 3 pallets and average 40 minutes a pallet.
So after 2 hours produce is all done including bananas and banana trees.
Meat takes 30 minutes including couponing.
Bakery is only 1 table push it in less than 1 hour come on it's not that hard.
Now push the 1/2 gallon specialty milks from the truck sbout 30 minutes. Push vendor milk 30 minutes.
You have now done 4 1/2 hours for pfresh.
Break down all dairy pallets about 2 pallets 30 minutes. Take lunch. Push dairy for 2 hours and the whole FDC truck can be done in 8 hours by 1 person minus freezer.

The focus on apparel is having the apparel shoppable and having a hotel lobby fitting room. I'm certain it will remain in the backroom
We break out softlines on the floor, often lasting until after the store is open. There is just no other place big enough to do it for us.

We break out softlines on the floor, often lasting until after the store is open. There is just no other place big enough to do it for us.

Interesting our dtl sent out an email saying how this is no longer acceptable. But you know asants but

Interesting our dtl sent out an email saying how this is no longer acceptable. But you know asants but
I think we were told that too, but it's like being told to unload the truck without using the line. It's not really possible...or it is but would be crazy inefficient and take so much longer.

Recently they started having the opening FR or GSTM come in a few hours early to help, but when 8am rolls around they have to go to their area, regardless if it's done or not.

Way before E2E we tried breaking out softlines by receiving. It requires a very specific set of conditions to work, like either "no backstock at all" or "a little backstock that gets taken away ASAP." So we've stuck with breaking out during unload and until store open, then everything gets thrown onto the line to be either pushed or finished sorted at some indeterminate point in the future.

I'm not sure what I like more, when someone insists we have it in stock because the website said so (they were looking at another store 90% of the time) or they saw it just yesterday so we should still have it.

Why didn't you buy it when you saw it then?! Spot needs to put out bottles of advil for the TMs. Between guests, ETLs and Corporate it's just one, long throbbing headache all day.
We have Advil ( the generic version) at TSC, always been there, but some people still find a reason to bitch about how hard their job is.

Our softlines breakout is also in the backroom after the unload. One of the softlines team is on the unload, and the 3 others come in 30 minutes later. 2 work hardlines freight and one of those works infant hardlines, which has always been ours. When the truck is finished, two TM's begin sorting the mixed folding onto tubs, then begin the hanging process. One continues in infant hardlines, and the fourth TM either helps in baby, does the autofills or backstocks. Right now, we are not scheduled enough hours to get our folding/infant hardlines repacks finished, finish backstocking softlines on a consistent basis, and sometimes not even enough time to finish hanging. There have been a few days where we have freight or backstocking left over from the day before. There have also been a few days when we haven't even touched the softlines freight except to sort it.

Our unload takes place on the floor. One former SL flow tm does it, occasionally two. She and the other former SL flow TMs will then go push baby HL, domestics, HBA, and rarely, help market. We nearly always come clean on freight and push.

This was a bad, bad , bad idea.

Those who insist on it being like a hotel lobby have
  1. Never ran a hotel so they have no clue why the lobby is what it is
  2. No understanding that a hotel lobby is for checking in, waiting to check in or depart, hotel functions and nothing else.
  3. no clue that ALL hotel lobbys have elevators and couchs in them. When I see a couch in Guest Service then we are close..
That target corporate person is a idiot who needs to be in houston spending his/her days ripping out sheetrock, moving out furniture and tearing up floods. They have no other purpose.

Anyone in consumables able to consistently do 1 box per minute? The guys at my store constantly get yelled at to do so, but they're understaffed 3-4 days a week it seems. Consumables exec has said nobody wants to transfer over and applicants shy away as well. Flow team at my store doesn't even get 1 box per minute. I see food team members, including pfresh, and their morale is nonexistent. Softlines is feeling pressure too. Here's to hoping an end to... End to end, haha.
60 boxes an hour is near impossible in a grocery store that is overnight with a mid shift zoning before leaving at 10pm. They can do 50. The wat we are set up, we would be blesed for 30 bph

Back