MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I was told it was two minutes.
two minutes is doable.

when I worked at a grocery store elsewhere before I did target, I did their freezer over night. Average 3 5ft tall pallets (they didnt do box count. It was palletized). I broke it down on to u boats because pallet couldnt be on floor for more that 30 minutes. That took 1 hour (i sorted) 3 more to push them its doable

Consistently doing 1 box per minute... I can only see flow team doing that. Extra vehicles for backstock, stuff bowled out, cardboard cages, no dealing with guests (cashier backup, phone calls, buttons, spills, etc). If you want to dismiss guests in order to get your box count in, go ahead lol.

Still have an o/n process here although previously we had a softlines breakout *and* push which was always completed by 30 mins prior to open. Now: it's a breakout only with all SL left on z-racks and red carts out on the floor for the SL team to push *after* the store opens - usually takes them until 5/6 pm to finish because of the other duties. Yes, this makes perfect sense!

Still have an o/n process here although previously we had a softlines breakout *and* push which was always completed by 30 mins prior to open. Now: it's a breakout only with all SL left on z-racks and red carts out on the floor for the SL team to push *after* the store opens - usually takes them until 5/6 pm to finish because of the other duties. Yes, this makes perfect sense![/QUOTE

Really hard to do this when you only have two SL team members scheduled. Even harder when they are responding to GF.

The softlines at our store are absolutely not allowed to use carts on the floor. We are only supposed to use tubs. Sometimes we will try to sneak a flat out there if the freight is heavy.

Exactly our point too. We were always able to complete SL breakout & push prior to open or within an hour of open on heavy days. Now, it's taking an entire day. And on top of the new brand transitioning ... yup. Kinda a cluster.

The softlines at our store are absolutely not allowed to use carts on the floor. We are only supposed to use tubs. Sometimes we will try to sneak a flat out there if the freight is heavy.
That was us too. But we consistently ran out of vehicles (3 tiers, red tubs, z-racks, michigans, etc) so they once again began looking the other way. A-volume flex format store- not much room and not many vehicles to go around.

dumpster fire day two. no announced plan for remodel, it starts soon™. three people quit with out notice in one day. we are losing another 5 in the next two weeks. total hires 5. our remodel(s) will continue through fourth quarter. There is a very small chance of us being successful during fourth quarter but on the bright side we will probably get a completely new Exec team and a new STL in January.

oooh almost forgot the rancid meat and curdled yogurt our "market team" keeps trying to sell. how how on this planet or any other are we still allowed to sell food?

dumpster fire day three: are in dumpster, dumpster on hill the only thing keeping us from rolling down hill are our broken dreams and crushed hopes of a better day.

when will it end? with a full on "market team" should not find product that expired a week ago.

we are about to play round robin with unsweeapable pallets of product just to free up space for all the transition.

So, I have a month left in my medical LOA but I was told by my friend that for E2E in 4th quarter, most of what is done for Market will be switched over to overnight (push and backstock) and that dayside will be dedicated to pricing, research, POG and other detail things. And that when I return, I need to choose between dayside or overnight.

We're an AAA+ volume store so I suppose this is the only way to not drown this holiday season.

So, I have a month left in my medical LOA but I was told by my friend that for E2E in 4th quarter, most of what is done for Market will be switched over to overnight (push and backstock) and that dayside will be dedicated to pricing, research, POG and other detail things. And that when I return, I need to choose between dayside or overnight.

We're an AAA+ volume store so I suppose this is the only way to not drown this holiday season.

So.... there will be no one for market?

I was a Hardlines Team Member, a Perishables Assistant, and now Signing Spec. Besides right before Thanksgiving if any Deparments have overnight shifts, it damn well better be Seasonal/Toys/Electronics. And if anyone is going overnight 4th Quarter it is POG, for at least a week to set Christmas.

If you have a choice 4th Quarter between dayside and overnight, I would bite the bullet and go overnight (Especially since it gets darker much earlier.)

(At an AA+ store)

Last edited:
So.... there will be no one for market?

I was a Hardlines Team Member, a Perishables Assistant, and now Signing Spec. Besides right before Thanksgiving if any Deparments have overnight shifts, it damn well better be Seasonal/Toys/Electronics. And if anyone is going overnight 4th Quarter it is POG, for at least a week to set Christmas.

If you have a choice 4th Quarter between dayside and overnight, I would bite the bullet and go overnight (Especially since it gets darker much earlier.)

(At an AA+ store)

I should have been clearer, I meant that there will be a Market overnight team and Market dayside team. XD
POG team is now dayside though I don't know what the hell they are thinking, doing big resets while the store is open.

And honestly, I wouldn't go overnight since it would be mindless pushing and backstocking.

For 4th Q, I would choose dayside. I can take care of my aisles better and keep them full. That is if ON pushed all and backstocked their backstock.

For 4th Q, I would choose dayside. I can take care of my aisles better and keep them full. That is if ON pushed all and backstocked their backstock.

I always preferred overnight when I was at an overnight store.

The ability to make an aisle look good and (not have it immediately ruined by guest) , not have to worry about guest service, cashiering and working in peace was always nice. I agree it can be a little mindless and the sleep schedule is rough depending on what else you have going on in life.

Pros and cons to both sides.

As soon as trucks arrive ready to push, I assume Target will just bite the bullet for high volume stores and remain open for guests 24/7.
Every Wal-Mart super center near me opened 24/7 and changed within 6 months. Overnight flow team stayed though. If walmart doesn't think outs wirh being open, I'm doubting target will.

Back