MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

dumpster fire day?? days are trivial now there is only pain[1] there is no longer even a hint of a plan. just throwing our broken spirit against the wall to see what sticks and going with it. management is out of touch and does not even fake listen to us anymore.

rant
I wonder if I can find the personnel business phone number of out DTL and GTL? just start blowing up there phones with pictures of week old expired product forgotten about but our "market team" or the big khaki and red tools could step off the glowing pedestal they put themselves on and have a chat with us low level peons.
/rant

[1] not real pain just existential dread at having to watch a green log process fall to sub 80

I was hired and began training as a SL TM the week that my stores E2E was launched. There was a lot of talk during my interviews that my previous retail experience with E2E was going to be relied upon to set a new example for the senior TMs my area.

Fast forward through my 90 days...SL isn't getting push done, we majorly effed up with price change...the zones are shit, backroom hates us, backstock is rarely done...EVERYONE in SL is in absolutely foul moods and I felt completely unwelcome the entire 3 months (I was the only new person that only knew E2E for my first 2.5 months)...then it's announced that our STL is done making SL do price change. She's convinced that therein lies the issue. She's officially putting the price change team back for SL so we are only responsible for push, backstock, zoning, filling locations, etc. No price change.

Two weeks later and we are at today. I looked around at the end of my 4 hour shift and push was done an hour ago...backstock got finished by me when I went home..zones don't look terrible..and the price change team isn't curled up in a fetal position and crying due to being overwhelmed.

Feels good. That paired with some SERIOUS leadership changes (moving up some, others leaving/transferring) and I'm finally seeing the light. I don't think E2E is going anywhere for my store.

Has anyone else's E2E devolved to the point where it's mostly just a longer, more drawn out truck process?

We are still doing the metered unload, which takes 3-4 hours (or 6-7 for a double). Most of the flow team comes in at 4am and basically everyone who isn't on the line just loads up a flat of anything, pushes it, does the backstock and throws away the cardboard, then goes back to the line and repeats with whatever hardlines pallet is full. So nobody is really an expert in any one area, they don't do POG, research, zoning, or price change, and they are usually done within an hour or two of the store opening. What is even the point of that?? They could go back to the old way and spend less payroll to get the same result.

Softlines E2E appears to be working great, but that also isn't full E2E since TMs work different areas all the time and they don't do their own pogs, price change, or research. Grocery is working great too, but again they don't do pogs or price change (sometimes they zone and usually do the grocery rigs).

Last edited:
We never started E2E, so, I guess we can't go any more backwards. SL Flow TMs with the availibility were just scheduled later in the day. Same with Electronics. Flow TMs still just push and Sales Floor TMs still just zone. Grocery is the closest thing to E2E we have. They actually backstock their stuff, however that team is so poorly run that the Flow and Sales Floor teams usually do all of their push. Once in a while they will set an EC. Plano, Instocks, and Pricing all remain the same.

Our unload also takes several hours starting at 5 with an ultimate start of 8. So an early morning part time job morphed into an all day shift (most days). Longer task list, a little more pay and the pita of being held responsible for a department routinely trashed by guests (and tms on my days off). Doesn't make sense to me. And while I haven't traveled in some time I have yet to see a hotel lobby with a produce section:p

Our store has officially went from fail to I don't give a f@$&. Our store hasn't been zoned in weeks. There aren't any vehicles to use b/c all are shoved in backroom with back stock, clearance be ticketed, or just God only knows. We have senior team leads that blatantly do nothing in front of you. A lot of our team members that have over 3 years have been taking pictures to document. Our store is full E2E so corporate is telling our management not worry about metrics right now so that means screw price change. So much stuff in backroom unlocated. I'm starting think they are setting us up to fail because some team members will ask LOD hey this tray top is all activated clearance can guest service ticket it so it can go on floor. No just leave it ...but we need vehicle..... each backroom aisle has at least one vehicle & one shopping cart (yes) pushed down it so you can kind of walk from one end to another.

Our store has officially went from fail to I don't give a f@$&. Our store hasn't been zoned in weeks. There aren't any vehicles to use b/c all are shoved in backroom with back stock, clearance be ticketed, or just God only knows. We have senior team leads that blatantly do nothing in front of you. A lot of our team members that have over 3 years have been taking pictures to document. Our store is full E2E so corporate is telling our management not worry about metrics right now so that means screw price change. So much stuff in backroom unlocated. I'm starting think they are setting us up to fail because some team members will ask LOD hey this tray top is all activated clearance can guest service ticket it so it can go on floor. No just leave it ...but we need vehicle..... each backroom aisle has at least one vehicle & one shopping cart (yes) pushed down it so you can kind of walk from one end to another.

Holy fuck! I thought my store was in bad shape. You win the prize!

You are going to have major management changes.

Market sucked today 3 TMs pushing dry and 1 tm back stocking. Me the only other person PA pushed all of the FDC truck 5 pallets All produce 2 pallets 1 meat and 2 dairy pallets it took me 8 hours to push it all No team just me pushing the entire FDC truck thanks e2e

I
POG team is now dayside though I don't know what the hell they are thinking, doing big resets while the store is open.

And honestly, I wouldn't go overnight since it would be mindless pushing and backstocking.
What they were thinking is 'Hey, I know what will be crazy fun? Let's completely tear apart and rebuild a chunk of the store while guest mill about so they can ask random questions. request random things and generally be a pest.

dumpster fire day?? days are trivial now there is only pain[1] there is no longer even a hint of a plan. just throwing our broken spirit against the wall to see what sticks and going with it. management is out of touch and does not even fake listen to us anymore.

rant
I wonder if I can find the personnel business phone number of out DTL and GTL? just start blowing up there phones with pictures of week old expired product forgotten about but our "market team" or the big khaki and red tools could step off the glowing pedestal they put themselves on and have a chat with us low level peons.
/rant

[1] not real pain just existential dread at having to watch a green log process fall to sub 80
yes you can. Go into your clercial area where the HR TL works and its generally somehere there. Or if for some reason your stl decided that the mydevices need to charge in her office, its in there. Then do it. I would warn you if you do to be off on the day they appear because heads will roll.

I think that's what I hate about End to End the most. The descent into chaos. It took the earnest work of dedicated people to keep backroom and receiving in good shape. It isn't that new people can't do that but if it ain't broke don't fix it. Likewise with pog.
Chaos isn't a pit. Its a ladder.

being open 24/7 defeats the purpose of e2e which is secretly to stop having to pay overnight teams at a, aa & above stores.

Agree with you. I don't doubt Target wanted to kill shift differential. While existing team members got a raise to compensate for e2e. New team members get nothing.

Also hard to imagine they want 24-7 stores when many A and A+ volume stores switched to 4am unload.

Agree with you. I don't doubt Target wanted to kill shift differential. While existing team members got a raise to compensate for e2e. New team members get nothing.

Also hard to imagine they want 24-7 stores when many A and A+ volume stores switched to 4am unload.

Cause that 4am truck process works so well! Flow no longer gives a fuck since they never had to step up so the store looks like shit guests are pissed off, dayside is pissed off of constantly pushing trucks and cleaning up their mess and having to deal with guests.

Market sucked today 3 TMs pushing dry and 1 tm back stocking. Me the only other person PA pushed all of the FDC truck 5 pallets All produce 2 pallets 1 meat and 2 dairy pallets it took me 8 hours to push it all No team just me pushing the entire FDC truck thanks e2e
I went food shopping this weekend and there were sooo many outs in market. Some items I needed and shelves were empty.

I went food shopping this weekend and there were sooo many outs in market. Some items I needed and shelves were empty.
because they are sitting in the back prolly unlocated, for any number of reasons, and the team is unable, unwilling to go through the rather trivial process of getting the outs filled.

and yes snark mode is enabled.

there is no reason for anyone to go beyond the bare minimum just as long as the numbers are being met. E2E has killed off all sense of pride and ownership in the stores.

because they are sitting in the back prolly unlocated, for any number of reasons, and the team is unable, unwilling to go through the rather trivial process of getting the outs filled.

there is no reason for anyone to go beyond the bare minimum just as long as the numbers are being met. E2E has killed off all sense of pride and ownership in the stores.

This right there..

The other issue is staffing. Not having enough and people leaving.

Back