MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

So I'm back at work and holy crap, is dry market looking like shit. Instocks clearly hasn't been done in forever - empty sections for weeks. Forget about nice zone - its not even a thing anymore. All the focus is on push, backstock and reshop. Coverage is absolutely horrid save for overnight market - one market opener that almost always is taken to help with pfresh, which has a full team.

We're gonna drown Q4. :confused:

and you can thank E2E for the loss of all things that filled the floor. relying on E2E teams to maintain anything will lead to disaster.

So I'm back at work and holy crap, is dry market looking like shit. Instocks clearly hasn't been done in forever - empty sections for weeks. Forget about nice zone - its not even a thing anymore. All the focus is on push, backstock and reshop. Coverage is absolutely horrid save for overnight market - one market opener that almost always is taken to help with pfresh, which has a full team.

We're gonna drown Q4. :confused:
Instocks at our store only does RIGs in market. (and they shouldn't even be doing that!) Research is the responsibility of the market team. Our shelves are empty and seldom zoned. I have quit shopping for any groceries at Target since items that were regular purchases are never in stock. Business as usual.

Yea, but besides all that...

MFA-250x250-proportion-image-768x768.jpg

We have gotten our instock team back, and we still have our Back Room team as well. I'm on the BR team at my store and its been really hectic so far. We have E2E in Market and Soft Lines and both areas are in shambles. We currently have about 8 pallets of SL repacks that haven't been touched yet, and they can't seem to do any back stocking. BR now has to help back stock in Market because they don't have enough help and they don't schedule workers 8 hour shifts anymore. I'm so looking forward to 4Q this year..

We have gotten our instock team back, and we still have our Back Room team as well. I'm on the BR team at my store and its been really hectic so far. We have E2E in Market and Soft Lines and both areas are in shambles. We currently have about 8 pallets of SL repacks that haven't been touched yet, and they can't seem to do any back stocking. BR now has to help back stock in Market because they don't have enough help and they don't schedule workers 8 hour shifts anymore. I'm so looking forward to 4Q this year..

Might I suggest the mighty Hanger Bin? they sure can hold a lot of stuff.;)

E2E electronics has bumped out our stores morning electronics into plano with no hopes of returning to their department. To be fair electronics now being stuck in electronics purely kind of makes the job boring but I feel it's messed up that noone was offered a choice

Same here. Keep getting yelled at for not doing q4 prep in BR yet anytime we have free time to do it, I get told to drop everything and backstock market.

Lost approx 90 hours a week from BR to the Consumables team. Always being told to do their pulls and backstock (they get around to it maaaaybe 50% of the time). No coincidence that 40-50% of all audit batch locations are in their two aisles ever since E2E. I am dreading Softlines E2E since they can't even finish 4am push by noon and generally try to run with just 2 closers as it is in addition to rarely putting up their own Zrack backstock (I think at one point I did it every day for 2 months and would come into 7-10 Zracks built up from my days off).

Consumables E2E seemed so haphazardly rushed at my store - hiring people off the streets right into position with zero experience, and not setting aside time to properly train them. Maybe Corporate will have learned (who am I kidding)

I am dreading Softlines E2E since they can't even finish 4am push by noon and generally try to run with just 2 closers as it is in addition to rarely putting up their own Zrack backstock (I think at one point I did it every day for 2 months and would come into 7-10 Zracks built up from my days off).

I was changing out Waco's the other day and was finding different size clothes in plastic shoved in wacos

In our backroom today I counted 28 repacks of softlines. It has been like this for weeks. The last time this happened they sent one of the new e2e tms back there to backstock. I didn't know this until the next morning when the bkrm tl brought out the pulls. A huge flat. The e2e team doesn't realize that after days of sitting back there you need to challenge it out then backstock. What a fucking disaster. #End E2E

Hitting our Cap of 849 units for SFS, every single day since we started is hurting FOR SURE... Means bigger trucks (4 trucks in the last 2 days). Also the fact that Presentation is running SFS currently (but in a week and and half we have 1000 hours of Christmas resets.. So who will hold down SFS while we set? With no payroll to account for the replenishment for the product lost through the Interweb.

In our backroom today I counted 28 repacks of softlines. It has been like this for weeks. The last time this happened they sent one of the new e2e tms back there to backstock. I didn't know this until the next morning when the bkrm tl brought out the pulls. A huge flat. The e2e team doesn't realize that after days of sitting back there you need to challenge it out then backstock. What a fucking disaster. #End E2E

The ironic thing is they got a raise to mess it up back there...

Last edited:
The ironic thing is they got a raise to mess it up back there...

Starts to show who does the work in this store. Sorry for the pun, I had too, "And who wears the pants"

I'm sick and tired of people shitting on A&A/softlines/style/what have you. I personally have pushed an entire truck alone. I've covered phones while working price change or trying to push a truck. I've spent a single shift pushing a truck, doing a department of price change, backstocking, and doing an RFID scan. All in one shift. I have worked a shift with non-softlines folks helping me and have still managed to get the entire truck pushed, backstocked, and price change completed. I have pulled endless POGs cause the backroom folks were too busy. I've had to help numerous backroom/SFS folks find SL items. Answered the questions of many cashiers and new tms we have helping us out currently while doing everything else. But oh all we do is screw around and mess stuff up right?

I'm sick and tired of people shitting on A&A/softlines/style/what have you. I personally have pushed an entire truck alone. I've covered phones while working price change or trying to push a truck. I've spent a single shift pushing a truck, doing a department of price change, backstocking, and doing an RFID scan. All in one shift. I have worked a shift with non-softlines folks helping me and have still managed to get the entire truck pushed, backstocked, and price change completed. I have pulled endless POGs cause the backroom folks were too busy. I've had to help numerous backroom/SFS folks find SL items. Answered the questions of many cashiers and new tms we have helping us out currently while doing everything else. But oh all we do is screw around and mess stuff up right?
yes

As someone who came from SL and has always remained in roles close to it and occasionally back to it -- the thing about softlines I've noticed in the stores I've worked at is that you always have that one workhorse TM (if you're lucky, two) that is worth 3 TMs, that can handle every situation thrown at them and probably knows more than their TLs in most cases and is criminally underpaid for their work capabilities and ethic in comparison to their peers. That is not the TM any of us are talking about!

At my store, I spent months teaching the majority of softlines to backstock, and except for our couple superstars it was literally the same mistakes over and over until those TMs quit and it was square one with the same results. And I'm out of that role now but have to pull the autos sometimes and I once had 6 m-deletes in a 7 waco batch. The turnover at my store is just too high in SL, and our superstars can only be spread so thin. It's an ongoing struggle, and not only in softlines (I recently had to pull cosmetics autos and ohhh myyyy goddd :eek:), though it's the one I spend most time around and am skeptical about for the majority of my store's team.

i think the issue is that the backroom team assumes that the softlines tm will magically know how to backstock, mind you backroom tms do nothing but backstock and pull all day so obviously a softlines tm that hasnt had training will be a laugh to them. not all softlines teams are the same and not all backroom team members are super stars. 8 out of 10 times the backroom can never pull sales planners or pog batches because they are busy backstocking trucks from 2 days ago, so to our end of the team the backroom team is sub par. so lets be a little fair with the comments :)

E2E shouldn't need a backroom team. That is part of the job, right? I am assuming this is where the raise in paygrade kicks in.

Last edited:
Back