MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

@Bosch @LUR99 @glo @WestLoggy

A store in our group got shut down by an off duty firefighter Tuesday. They had pallets blocking the fire exits during their unload, fire Marshall came and said you can't open the store until this freight is moved.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when that stl had to call the dtl
RIP. What time of day was it and how long were they closed?

Oh trust me, I *know*. And I think the ETLs and TLs have the same mindset; that quickly picking something up off the floor is not going to take too long and should definitely be done. But it's never one thing, it's always 5 or 10. Like product that is grossly overstocked, or a shelf that was set too low and now you can't push product to it without mangling boxes. Or a shelf or section that is so badly zoned that you can barely push new product to it because where the heck is it supposed to go. Or a shelf missing its label strip. Or a product flexed with no label printed. Or all the turkeys and hams not being weighed, or correct sales signs posted. Or a shelf covered with mold. Or clearance product going straight to donate because we have no designated clearance section for refrigerated/frozen product. Or broken/missing pushers, or pushers covered in mold.

Trust me, I would LOVE to be able to stop and take the time to fix all of these as I find them, but then I'd be spending 75% of my shift doing that because it's so bad right now. And if it comes down to being bitched about not pushing fast enough or not taking care of these little things, I'm going to choose not being bitched at. It's not because I don't care, it's because I'm not ALLOWED to care.
Do you work at my store?

hyZCXis.gif

@Bosch @LUR99 @glo @WestLoggy

A store in our group got shut down by an off duty firefighter Tuesday. They had pallets blocking the fire exits during their unload, fire Marshall came and said you can't open the store until this freight is moved.

I would love to be a fly on the wall when that stl had to call the dtl
When you stop and think about it how many stores like mine have the flex line blocking fire exit during unload.

Do you work at my store?
Oh trust me, I *know*. And I think the ETLs and TLs have the same mindset; that quickly picking something up off the floor is not going to take too long and should definitely be done. But it's never one thing, it's always 5 or 10. Like product that is grossly overstocked, or a shelf that was set too low and now you can't push product to it without mangling boxes. Or a shelf or section that is so badly zoned that you can barely push new product to it because where the heck is it supposed to go. Or a shelf missing its label strip. Or a product flexed with no label printed. Or all the turkeys and hams not being weighed, or correct sales signs posted. Or a shelf covered with mold. Or clearance product going straight to donate because we have no designated clearance section for refrigerated/frozen product. Or broken/missing pushers, or pushers covered in mold.

Trust me, I would LOVE to be able to stop and take the time to fix all of these as I find them, but then I'd be spending 75% of my shift doing that because it's so bad right now. And if it comes down to being bitched about not pushing fast enough or not taking care of these little things, I'm going to choose not being bitched at. It's not because I don't care, it's because I'm not ALLOWED to care.

You are allowed to care. In fact if it takes 75% thats fine. It needs to be done, and that's best practices. If TL says that you aren't doing anything then its time to drag LOD in. If LOD is the issue then drag the ETLs or STL into it. If its the team then take pictures and Hotline it.

It needs to be done and to make sales it Has to be done. There is no excuse that is ever acceptable. Someone else can always push freight. But fixing things needs to be done. If a problem like what you suggest happens in my store, I do the freight while you fix it. If I have too I will pull enough over to blitz the rest.

What you are talking about is very common and its one of the core reasons why e2e is failing and what stores suck. Honestly, unless you have extremely fast flow group, bowling is touching boxes twice and a poor way to stock. We starting using uboats for custom blocks and enforcing times. (for the areas that we dont have stockers for which is furniture, plastics and the rugs and hardware)

When I went on vacation several months ago, one of my team members did the order and and announced tha he liked doing it, so I let him continue to do it. I pretty much do not feel anymore special than anyone else on my team. Although, I am still Helping out with vendors. As long as we do not lose pay, I am ok.

Back