MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Oh trust me, I *know*. And I think the ETLs and TLs have the same mindset; that quickly picking something up off the floor is not going to take too long and should definitely be done. But it's never one thing, it's always 5 or 10. Like product that is grossly overstocked, or a shelf that was set too low and now you can't push product to it without mangling boxes. Or a shelf or section that is so badly zoned that you can barely push new product to it because where the heck is it supposed to go. Or a shelf missing its label strip. Or a product flexed with no label printed. Or all the turkeys and hams not being weighed, or correct sales signs posted. Or a shelf covered with mold. Or clearance product going straight to donate because we have no designated clearance section for refrigerated/frozen product. Or broken/missing pushers, or pushers covered in mold.

Trust me, I would LOVE to be able to stop and take the time to fix all of these as I find them, but then I'd be spending 75% of my shift doing that because it's so bad right now. And if it comes down to being bitched about not pushing fast enough or not taking care of these little things, I'm going to choose not being bitched at. It's not because I don't care, it's because I'm not ALLOWED to care.

I quote since I can't like it twice.

My story. Been w Spot a few years. Worked nearly all of the store as well as trucks. The e2e area I was assigned to had pulls, reshop and backstock dumped on the endcaps routinely. I was scheduled 3-4 days a week and came into a mess every day. A. Mess. There was no way to maintain that department. Couldn't sanction the culprits who were just unloading stuff others dumped on them. E2e great idea as long as Corporate can milk the concept but by now they should be figuring things out.

My story. Been w Spot a few years. Worked nearly all of the store as well as trucks. The e2e area I was assigned to had pulls, reshop and backstock dumped on the endcaps routinely. I was scheduled 3-4 days a week and came into a mess every day. A. Mess. There was no way to maintain that department. Couldn't sanction the culprits who were just unloading stuff others dumped on them. E2e great idea as long as Corporate can milk the concept but by now they should be figuring things out.

That is the heart of the problem, no one in leadership really wants to own the process and enforce standards. But they don't so slackers look like rock stars since all leadership cares about is that things "get done fast" not right.

The funny part you teach people to do it right, the speeds almost always follows.

So much this!!!

E2E only works if your store can fully commit to it and has reliable TMs to place in the same area each day. They can't do this half-assed shit where each area does things a little bit differently and there's different people everywhere all the time.

A few weeks back we had a hardlines TM superzone pillows. It was awesome and looked amazing. But then he brought back two overflowing tubs of backstock and just left them in the backroom. There was no backroom team to take care of it, so it just sat there for a few weeks. He didn't care and the LOD didn't care because the next day it's on to something else and it's now someone else's problem.
This is why there are so few successes. Because of what you exactly said. There are few stores that fully commit and have reliable TMs. We still dont have permanent C & D people. So Plastics is scattershot insanity. Furniture is fubar and well domestics is unpleasant. We have one person who is doing towels and bath and that area always looks nice now. The rest well...

That's because working clean and making things look nice aren't things that can be counted or measured. I spend a lot of time in the health care part of HBA and have been finding a lot of expired product lately; does nobody else FIFO, or is that only for market? Drugs have expiration dates too, but I suspect that's not figured into the estimated push time for the area.
Actually they can be counted. Its counted in sales. In pets I am 5% up YTD and the sfs I am 400% up from expectation ytd. STL actaully explained the numbers showing that the dept has grown under its constant maintenance.

Our store is at $22 mil and Pet is responsible for 1/2 of 1 of those by itself. Thats how you measure working cleaning

That is the heart of the problem, no one in leadership really wants to own the process and enforce standards. But they don't so slackers look like rock stars since all leadership cares about is that things "get done fast" not right.

The funny part you teach people to do it right, the speeds almost always follows.
Well we shall see who wins. My leadership does want to own the process because it has resulted in increased sales. Its not easy. It takes hiring the right people and figuring out if those people are the right ones and giving them the hours to do it. (of which I ran out of time)

Don’t need a MyDevice to backstock; a PDA works just as well if not better sometimes. I never use anything else in the freezer.
I actually don't know how to use the PDAs. Electronics isn't supposed to have them in my store. Not enough to go around for the people who really need them (like everything else in our equipment stock except keys right now), and we don't typically pull our own batches.

So...do they have people for all of those boxes from "replenishment" to "Presentation" or is it all expected to be a small number of sales floor people doing all of those things? For the SL, Beauty & Electronics, at least, I'm not familiar with food at all.

So...do they have people for all of those boxes from "replenishment" to "Presentation" or is it all expected to be a small number of sales floor people doing all of those things? For the SL, Beauty & Electronics, at least, I'm not familiar with food at all.

Presentation is considered a process team so they are expected to support these areas. The presentation team is also expected to do the sets for the other areas of the store.

At my store our elite team members used to strive for presentation. Slightly higher pay, all opening shifts and easy 32 plus hours

Now that Plano and price change are entry level positions no one wants to switch over there.

I would enjoy plano & price change, I think.

But I'm moonlighting, and I imagine those are mostly day shifts, alas.

Presentation is considered a process team so they are expected to support these areas. The presentation team is also expected to do the sets for the other areas of the store.

At my store our elite team members used to strive for presentation. Slightly higher pay, all opening shifts and easy 32 plus hours

Now that Plano and price change are entry level positions no one wants to switch over there.

I am tempted to ask to step down from Signing TM, just to see what would happen, when whoever steps in realizes it is either the same pay, or a downgrade.

Then sit back and laugh at the Chaos, while I work my ass off somewhere else.

That's still the endgame for me. I like what they do and had asked to be transferred to it. Plus, in my store, they are overnight, 35 hours, AND WEEKEND OFF. LOL. I don't care about the pay. I just like that schedule and the type of work they do. =P

In my store all of the opening shifts for E2E certain people (specialized peole?) get 32+ hours (the lady in electronics, the the person in Beauty, at least 4 people in food and 2 people in Softlines, the rest of team get regular hours 15-20 hours)

Last edited:
In my store all of the opening shifts for E2E certain people (specialized peole?) get 32+ hours (the lady in electronics, the the person in electronics, at least 4 people in food and 2 people in Softlines, the rest of team get regular hours 15-20 hours)

@HRZone is this regular in or the way is supposed to be?

@HRZone is this regular in or the way is supposed to be?

Every store schedules differently, I would say it depends.

You are technically not supposed to give people more or less hours based on their performance although I think realistically I find that can be a tiebreaker at my store.

The number one driver for how many hours team members should get should be on their availability. If your team members are available all day and then you have some who can only close I can see why the closers may get less hours.

It also depends on the work load. Our morning softlines team often has to do price change and unload the truck so they have more to do than the midday or closing team who is usually just zoning and doing pickup.

Actually they can be counted. Its counted in sales. In pets I am 5% up YTD and the sfs I am 400% up from expectation ytd. STL actaully explained the numbers showing that the dept has grown under its constant maintenance.

Our store is at $22 mil and Pet is responsible for 1/2 of 1 of those by itself. Thats how you measure working cleaning
True enough. When I was one of two people responsible for cosmetics branding (before e2e came into play), my STL credited the both of us with the large increase from previous year's sales - things were neat, research was getting done so product was coming in, empty packages were found so our AP person knew when and where to be watching.
So yes, but it takes someone paying attention AND a flow TL who's willing to look at more than the number of cases pushed in what time frame. At my store, some flow TMs leave bowled cases in the aisle even after the store opens, piles of cardboard and flatbeds blocking guest access to aisles, etc. Honestly, it's embarrassing sometimes. I wish enough guests would complain about it because something might change then. (I can always hope, right?)

Back