MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

We just need softlines to drop this E2E bullshit since they can't do it and 20+ carts of hanging push and 15 z-racks full of push just floating for the last week plus what comes on the trucks adding to the mess. .

Definitely something up with your SL leadership. I'm in an A volume store and we rarely if ever do not come clean on truck push on any given day. Maybe once a month if that. Somebody's gotta be doing something wrong.

Definitely something up with your SL leadership. I'm in an A volume store and we rarely if ever do not come clean on truck push on any given day. Maybe once a month if that. Somebody's gotta be doing something wrong.
Not enough TMs + busy store + breakout in the backroom = never coming clean.

The best part is, the breakout is done in front of the softlines aisles in the center of the main backroom, completely blocking access to the toy aisles and some of the pfresh coolers. So on a double truck, we have 10 pallets of toy backstock sitting on the sales floor for most of the morning since there's no where else to go. When they're finally done, they shove all of the racks and tubs down the softlines aisles so you can't actually get through to pick anything.

We know something is up with the leadership over there. She is incompetent. And we are now this week and for the next couple weeks are now having to be her backroom support, catching up her backstock.

The best part is, the breakout is done in front of the softlines aisles in the center of the main backroom, completely blocking access to the toy aisles and some of the pfresh coolers. So on a double truck, we have 10 pallets of toy backstock sitting on the sales floor for most of the morning since there's no where else to go. When they're finally done, they shove all of the racks and tubs down the softlines aisles so you can't actually get through to pick anything.

This slightly different store map but same problems.

No-name clothes fuel a retail apocalypse - http://www.post-gazette.com/business/money/2017/12/15/No-name-clothes-fuel-a-retail-apocalypse/stories/201712150028

Apparel is where we are making our money it blows me away target hasn't figured it out with softlines e2e.

I know in my district just about every store is struggling with it.

Number one issue is you can't have these apparel experts (aka hipster 19 year old chicks with no work ethic) in the backroom just because they dressed nice for an interview. We had one almost kill herself on the wave this week.

No-name clothes fuel a retail apocalypse - http://www.post-gazette.com/business/money/2017/12/15/No-name-clothes-fuel-a-retail-apocalypse/stories/201712150028

Apparel is where we are making our money it blows me away target hasn't figured it out with softlines e2e.

Number one issue is you can't have these apparel experts (aka hipster 19 year old chicks with no work ethic) in the backroom just because they dressed nice for an interview. We had one almost kill herself on the wave this week.

You’ve reached the limit of unregistered articles.

To continue unlimited reading

SUBSCRIBE

FUCK THAT

Agree with you there. Is that who's on the A&A team at your stores? We don't have a lot of people but I believe the majority are mid-20s on up. The younger ones don't work often and they rarely if ever are in the backroom.

Agree with you there. Is that who's on the A&A team at your stores? We don't have a lot of people but I believe the majority are mid-20s on up. The younger ones don't work often and they rarely if ever are in the backroom.

Yeah we have lost most of our pre "style" apparel team members to flow, ship from store or other retailers.

The old team members could quickly push a z, fold a table, etc... these girls were hired because they can sell but let's be honest 90% of softlines is task basked. Yes customer interaction is important but it's hard to help guest when the area looks like crap.

Yeah we have lost most of our pre "style" apparel team members to flow, ship from store or other retailers.

The old team members could quickly push a z, fold a table, etc... these girls were hired because they can sell but let's be honest 90% of softlines is task basked. Yes customer interaction is important but it's hard to help guest when the area looks like crap.[/QUOTE

So many times a day I have a guest come to GS because they cannot find an item or size on the floor. It is so busy at the desk and we don't have time to look for items. Not to mention most of the sales floor is spending their time at the checklanes because of call outs and because it is plain just busy.

The old team members could quickly push a z, fold a table, etc... these girls were hired because they can sell but let's be honest 90% of softlines is task basked. Yes customer interaction is important but it's hard to help guest when the area looks like crap.

They also forget you can't sell when you don't have something to sell! You can't sell that shirt when its hanging in the back where you physically can't get to it.

And you are so right about these kids who can't work, yeah they look cute but they can't get it done.. The backroom is a place they are afraid to go into, "ehh I might get dirty!"

They also forget you can't sell when you don't have something to sell! You can't sell that shirt when its hanging in the back where you physically can't get to it.

And you are so right about these kids who can't work, yeah they look cute but they can't get it done.. The backroom is a place they are afraid to go into, "ehh I might get dirty!"

Our logistics team doesn't want them back there either.

Our BRLA tanked when this all started. As if a 16 year old diva who came to us from Carter's or old navy know anything about properly maintaining a brand backroom.

Last edited:
Our logistics team doesn't want them back their either.

Our BRLA tanked when this all started. As if a 16 year old diva who came to us from Carter's or old navy know anything about properly maintaining a brand backroom.

Can we all agree that E2E is a joke, outside of Market (having been a PA, for 3 years before E2E, i know it can work with good organization. but depends most of all on everyone OUTSIDE buying in). Everything else is just a cluster fuck.

Our logistics team doesn't want them back their either.

I used to work for a major retailer and my backroom was so brand because it had nothing in it. I made sure everything was on the sales floor. Only things I would backstock were basics that I made sure I had plenty of on the floor.

Can we all agree that E2E is a joke, outside of Market (having been a PA, for 3 years before E2E, i know it can work with good organization. but depends most of all on everyone OUTSIDE buying in). Everything else is just a cluster fuck.

Yeah our market team has just started to flourish and it took a lot of house cleaning to get a real team.

Market e2e is a lot easier because we had two backroom team members join the market team who know how to manage their backstock.

I don't think many stores had a backroom team member who qualified as a "style expert" to join softlines and help them along.

Even our softlines tms like @Doglover89 who may not love guest servicing but are excellent at making the area look good got moved to flow.

You need a combination of service experts and task oriented tms to make any department flourish. Can't be one or the other .

You need a combination of service experts and task oriented tms to make any department flourish. Can't be one or the other .

THIS. I'm good at "getting it done." I can backstock, take care of pogs/VAs and price change, and push the truck in record time, among other things. I'm not comfortable selling things. I'm currently on my way out of Spot and this is one of the reasons. I don't like what my job has turned into.

Sadly, Bosch, I have to agree with Doglover89. It might be the team's issue.

Curious so you are saying that when you did on the floor breakouts you did come clean or that you used the overnight to do all the push?

I was of the opinion that this A&A was a bad idea if you are only hiring 2o somes. My store it works (somewhat) because almost all the team is over 30. Anyone will a low work ethic or pure laziness gets purged.

Me and flow TL agreed about a lazy ass flow person who just kept putting out items where the hell ever and even dented cans. So his 90 days got cut short. Its one thing to not know expectations. Its entirely another to be told them twice, have them explained and still you just throw everything everywhere so you can be done.

Yes but Target wants clusterfuck and if you aren't lubed and enjoying you will be ejected. ;)

Yeah our market team has just started to flourish and it took a lot of house cleaning to get a real team.

Market e2e is a lot easier because we had two backroom team members join the market team who know how to manage their backstock.

I don't think many stores had a backroom team member who qualified as a "style expert" to join softlines and help them along.

Even our softlines tms like @Doglover89 who may not love guest servicing but are excellent at making the area look good got moved to flow.

or we turn into red amazon. :eek:

THIS. I'm good at "getting it done." I can backstock, take care of pogs/VAs and price change, and push the truck in record time, among other things. I'm not comfortable selling things. I'm currently on my way out of Spot and this is one of the reasons. I don't like what my job has turned into.
We don't sell things. There is no commission, no push. Leadership can say buzz words all day but we dont actually sell anything. At best we convince people to try something they were most likely thinking about.

I help people find what they are looking for. Target is first but if we don't have it, then I will suggest where to actually go. Why? Because people REMEMBER that, and will come back for it.

Curious so you are saying that when you did on the floor breakouts you did come clean or that you used the overnight to do all the push?
Backroom was kind of coming clean when the softlines breakout was done on the floor. There was still some issues of flow and salesfloor not taking care of their own backstock, but it wasn't the mountain of shit we have now.

Because trucks have been so huge and so frequent, the flow TL started scanning the unload again, resulting in a dozen or more pallets of backstock instantly every day. Those pallets don't have anywhere to go because the softlines breakout in the backroom is in the way for a good chunk of the morning.

It also slows down the pulling and backstocking process for obvious reasons, and even when they are done with the breakout there's still full tubs and racks everywhere.

I was of the opinion that this A&A was a bad idea if you are only hiring 2o somes. My store it works (somewhat) because almost all the team is over 30. Anyone will a low work ethic or pure laziness gets purged.

Me and flow TL agreed about a lazy ass flow person who just kept putting out items where the hell ever and even dented cans. So his 90 days got cut short. Its one thing to not know expectations. Its entirely another to be told them twice, have them explained and still you just throw everything everywhere so you can be done.

The problem is the apparel interview guide is all about fashion knowledge and selling and little about task completion.

A lot of our top softlines folks wouldn't get hired under the new guidelines. That's the problem.

No they give them 40hrs and let them push all over the store..

No they give them 40hrs and let them push all over the store..

LOL, so true. We have a guy that has been at my store for a couple years. Always puts dented (like mangled) cans on the shelf, over fills, puts them in the wrong spot, fills one side of a 5 facing shelf with an entire case to the back of the shelf (picture 5 facings, the first 3 empty, the other 2 filled to the back of the shelf), etc. The leads all know. Every other TM hates him and he has absolutely no people skills. But because he's "fast" and shows up to work every time, he gets a full 38+ hours every week. It's pathetic.

Back