MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

LOL, so true. We have a guy that has been at my store for a couple years. Always puts dented (like mangled) cans on the shelf, over fills, puts them in the wrong spot, fills one side of a 5 facing shelf with an entire case to the back of the shelf (picture 5 facings, the first 3 empty, the other 2 filled to the back of the shelf), etc. The leads all know. Every other TM hates him and he has absolutely no people skills. But because he's "fast" and shows up to work every time, he gets a full 38+ hours every week. It's pathetic.
Your store is lucky if you only have one of them. We have several.:mad:

Your store is lucky if you only have one of them. We have several.:mad:
Oh no...he's just the worst at those things. We have plenty that have been there years and are completely worthless. Most of the people that leave earlier than our normal o/n shifts (10p to 8a) are worthless...they don't care if they get done because they just leave at 630 or 7. So there is no urgency, no accountability and no fucks given. You would think that e2e would have solved the accountability problem...but we only have it for areas that are easily finished or dayside people work (like softlines). So there is still no accountability.

Feeling a bit validated reading recent comments about task completion (which I'm very good at) and selling (which I'm just not interested in - at all). Recently requested to be taken out of the schedule for beauty because I couldn't care less about "educating" guests about products, skin types, blah-blah-blah. And it made me nuts that when I did have a shift in the area, I was constantly fixing other beauty TMs mistakes, finishing their back stocking, and taking care of their trash. Leaving polite "hey, let's everyone take care of own stuff" notes had zero results. Yes, I lost some hours but I also lost a lot of aggravation.

I was constantly fixing other beauty TMs mistakes, finishing their back stocking, and taking care of their trash. Leaving polite "hey, let's everyone take care of own stuff" notes had zero results.
That's a huge issue in my store (and probably every other one). People have the mentality that "it's not my job to clean this up" or "I didn't leave that, so I don't have to clean it up". For example, we have this small space in our SL backroom where there is a gap in shelves. There were two items laying there, on the floor. I left them there, just to see how long it would take before someone did something about it. 2 months went by...still there. I couldn't stand it anymore...so checked, and both were clearance. Every night I work in the backroom, I come into vehicles of trash, cardboard and random backstock from opposite sides of the store. Complaining to the higher ups or leaving notes has zero effect, so it's pointless. Hell, people can't even bother to stop and pick up something on the floor that fell off the shelf. I regularly walk to our loading dock to do truck unload and 10-13 team members will pass by before me and walk right by it.

The laziness is astounding.

It's not always laziness...I definitely notice all the little things and I try and fix what I can, but there's so much pressure from up the chain to WORK FAST that is it really worth being bitched at by my TL or the PA because I "didn't do my task fast enough"? Sure, if you value my speed over me taking 5 or 10 minutes to fix a broken shelf or 4x4 zone a section because it's so bad that I can't push product properly, then I'll quit doing those other things. You're the one who's ultimately responsible for market, not me.

What is really frustrating is that I know if I make it long enough to review, I WILL get "speed" put as one of my oppourtunities. Which is a giant joke, but it's what they'll say. Apparently people would rather you knock out u-boats or pulls as quickly as possible instead of taking the extra few minutes to make sure you're actually working WELL and CLEAN.

Nobody really notices when somebody takes the extra effort to work cleanly and nicely. They only notice how many carts of backstock you do, how many u-boats you push, or how quickly you can pull the CAFs. That's it.

That's the problem, if it doesn't get noticed, people don't do it. It doesn't take 5-10 minutes to pick a shirt up off the floor and hang it back up. Or pick up a box of cough medicine and put it back in the right spot. I guess I'd rather have the store not look like shit than worry about getting credit for putting stuff where it belongs.

Cleaner store means a guest is more likely to come back and more likely to spend more money. Which leads to more hours for me. The backroom messes? That's another story...people just don't care. The guest doesn't see it, so the TLs and ETLs don't care who cleans it up or when.

It doesn't take long to do those individual things, but most of the time there are so damn many if I stopped to do all of them I'd literally never get the pulls done or finish that stray cart or whatever. Half the time I'll see something and put it back and then another and another before I have to stop myself and continue on my way because if I did all of those things I wouldn't get done with the big stuff. If I'm zoning or pushing in an area, obviously yes I will pick up stuff and all of that, but (frex) my ETL specifically asked me to pick up home improvement one day and I filled a full guest cart with crap from those 10-12 aisles and that doesn't include the stuff I went and put back in nearby aisles or threw away in the spill stations. Too. Much. Crap.

It's neverending. I will take care of carts of cardboard or random carts of shit in my area, if I can (or at least push the random crap up to guest services for sorting if I can't put it all away myself) if there's a break in pulls or we're transition to zone or something. Abandoned carts & flats are a major pet peeve of mine and something we get complaints about from guests (or so I've heard) so I'm always a little surprised that there isn't more emphasis on keeping those cleared out.

That's the problem, if it doesn't get noticed, people don't do it. It doesn't take 5-10 minutes to pick a shirt up off the floor and hang it back up. Or pick up a box of cough medicine and put it back in the right spot. I guess I'd rather have the store not look like shit than worry about getting credit for putting stuff where it belongs.

Cleaner store means a guest is more likely to come back and more likely to spend more money. Which leads to more hours for me. The backroom messes? That's another story...people just don't care. The guest doesn't see it, so the TLs and ETLs don't care who cleans it up or when.
Oh trust me, I *know*. And I think the ETLs and TLs have the same mindset; that quickly picking something up off the floor is not going to take too long and should definitely be done. But it's never one thing, it's always 5 or 10. Like product that is grossly overstocked, or a shelf that was set too low and now you can't push product to it without mangling boxes. Or a shelf or section that is so badly zoned that you can barely push new product to it because where the heck is it supposed to go. Or a shelf missing its label strip. Or a product flexed with no label printed. Or all the turkeys and hams not being weighed, or correct sales signs posted. Or a shelf covered with mold. Or clearance product going straight to donate because we have no designated clearance section for refrigerated/frozen product. Or broken/missing pushers, or pushers covered in mold.

Trust me, I would LOVE to be able to stop and take the time to fix all of these as I find them, but then I'd be spending 75% of my shift doing that because it's so bad right now. And if it comes down to being bitched about not pushing fast enough or not taking care of these little things, I'm going to choose not being bitched at. It's not because I don't care, it's because I'm not ALLOWED to care.

up.gif

Oh trust me, I *know*. And I think the ETLs and TLs have the same mindset; that quickly picking something up off the floor is not going to take too long and should definitely be done. But it's never one thing, it's always 5 or 10. Like product that is grossly overstocked, or a shelf that was set too low and now you can't push product to it without mangling boxes. Or a shelf or section that is so badly zoned that you can barely push new product to it because where the heck is it supposed to go. Or a shelf missing its label strip. Or a product flexed with no label printed. Or all the turkeys and hams not being weighed, or correct sales signs posted. Or a shelf covered with mold. Or clearance product going straight to donate because we have no designated clearance section for refrigerated/frozen product. Or broken/missing pushers, or pushers covered in mold.

Trust me, I would LOVE to be able to stop and take the time to fix all of these as I find them, but then I'd be spending 75% of my shift doing that because it's so bad right now. And if it comes down to being bitched about not pushing fast enough or not taking care of these little things, I'm going to choose not being bitched at. It's not because I don't care, it's because I'm not ALLOWED to care.
This is how it is in electronics in my store, woth an added layer of frequently getting bitched at for the little things, especially the boat being messy as fuck, when I'm drowning in guests so bad I can't even begin to think about cleaning up and I'm behind on push.

On that note, end to end abolutely does not work in my store's electronics department. When we decided we're a super high theft location and needed to lock up EVERYTHING and ring it up in electronics, we needed to have extra hours to compensate, and we don't get them. When every single guest in the department needs an unlock, and there's one TM, that TM can't push. Every time I pick up an item, I have two guests waiting, then 3, then 4. And it's hard on the guest, too, because the last couple weeks, guests haven't been getting rung up in anything resembling a timely manner. Which is why we have overnight, but corporate said we have to get rid of them because reasons. So I don't even know what's gonna happen now. We have enough TMs to keep two of us on at a time, which would actually let us push, zone, and research to a degree, but Corporate doesn't want to pay for the hours come January.

It's not always laziness...I definitely notice all the little things and I try and fix what I can, but there's so much pressure from up the chain to WORK FAST that is it really worth being bitched at by my TL or the PA because I "didn't do my task fast enough"? Sure, if you value my speed over me taking 5 or 10 minutes to fix a broken shelf or 4x4 zone a section because it's so bad that I can't push product properly, then I'll quit doing those other things. You're the one who's ultimately responsible for market, not me.

What is really frustrating is that I know if I make it long enough to review, I WILL get "speed" put as one of my oppourtunities. Which is a giant joke, but it's what they'll say. Apparently people would rather you knock out u-boats or pulls as quickly as possible instead of taking the extra few minutes to make sure you're actually working WELL and CLEAN.

Nobody really notices when somebody takes the extra effort to work cleanly and nicely. They only notice how many carts of backstock you do, how many u-boats you push, or how quickly you can pull the CAFs. That's it.
That is a serious problem. When someone complains to you about you not doing it fast enough, say a 'crappy job done fast is still a crappy job'

It has to be done right first before it can be done right fast. At the other places I managed, I didn't care how fast it was done. I cared it was done right and enforced that.

I'm sure I zone slow, but I don't care. Yes, I will damn well put shit where it belongs, even if it involves pulling and replacing all the pegs in a section because nobody could be arsed to make sure stuff went on the right pegs in the first place (frex).

But tonight? Zoned all of toys. not just 3 aisles, but the whole section. Granted, it was only about 2/3 full, but it's amazing how much you can accomplish without 6 pull carts and guests asking questions every 3 seconds.

In end-to-end market, if you are good in owning your area, you will notice right away if an item is in the wrong place. In my store's market team, we prefer closers to do a good zone (or a quick zone if it's busy) and let the morning team who owns their area to fix mistakes. It's quicker that way. Especially if the tm who owns the area pushes in the right place and doesn't flex much. When i got back to market from remodel, it took me my second half of my shift to fix 2 aisles in my area. There were so much products flexed. But after that, it only takes me a few minutes. I'd prefer the closers to just zone so I can push right away.

That's a huge issue in my store (and probably every other one). People have the mentality that "it's not my job to clean this up" or "I didn't leave that, so I don't have to clean it up". For example, we have this small space in our SL backroom where there is a gap in shelves. There were two items laying there, on the floor. I left them there, just to see how long it would take before someone did something about it. 2 months went by...still there. I couldn't stand it anymore...so checked, and both were clearance. Every night I work in the backroom, I come into vehicles of trash, cardboard and random backstock from opposite sides of the store. Complaining to the higher ups or leaving notes has zero effect, so it's pointless. Hell, people can't even bother to stop and pick up something on the floor that fell off the shelf. I regularly walk to our loading dock to do truck unload and 10-13 team members will pass by before me and walk right by it.

So much this!!!

E2E only works if your store can fully commit to it and has reliable TMs to place in the same area each day. They can't do this half-assed shit where each area does things a little bit differently and there's different people everywhere all the time.

A few weeks back we had a hardlines TM superzone pillows. It was awesome and looked amazing. But then he brought back two overflowing tubs of backstock and just left them in the backroom. There was no backroom team to take care of it, so it just sat there for a few weeks. He didn't care and the LOD didn't care because the next day it's on to something else and it's now someone else's problem.

Don’t need a MyDevice to backstock; a PDA works just as well if not better sometimes. I never use anything else in the freezer.

That's because working clean and making things look nice aren't things that can be counted or measured. I spend a lot of time in the health care part of HBA and have been finding a lot of expired product lately; does nobody else FIFO, or is that only for market? Drugs have expiration dates too, but I suspect that's not figured into the estimated push time for the area.

I don't even see people using FIFO in market. And I have inadvertently bought expired product in both departments as a result.

Back