MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I dread the possibility of this happening. My store is low-volume and we get a lot of product in repacks. I get the idea of not getting lots of full cases of product and have 3/4 of it get back stocked, but the way the repacks are packed? Stationery and electronics and grocery items mixed in with HBA all the time, and of course health care and beauty are in the same box every day - even though beauty is e2e and health care isn't and they're done by different TMs now. And the condition of some of that product is awful - smashed bandaid boxes, body wash oozing out all over everything - oh joy. At least sometimes the oozing body wash is a nice fragrance.
Eaches won't work if the store isn't fully E2E. It will fail hard as the repack system right now just sucks.

They could have accomplished this years ago by not sending so much unneeded garbage to the stores. Sending a case of 6 when the shelf needs 4 to be filled is fine. Having the DC spend time breaking open and detrashing a case of 6 to put 4 in a repack, where it is MUCH more susceptible to damage, is a waste of payroll. Sending 5 cases of 6 at a time when the shelf needs less than 1 case to be filled is stupid and has been the replenishment model the entire time I've worked at Target.

There is zero reason for stores to have so much product in their backroom. Having a ~30 foot section of light duty shelving dedicated solely to cereal backstock is a symbol of how much payroll is wasted in our entire replenishment process.
The solution is actually quite simple. The 'On hand 6 on floor 0 in back 0' that On hand number needs to be editable. That will solve a lot of the inventory problem.

Even if they do decide to keep pushing harder, there's still hope, cuz we all know that it's not like Target has ever massively committed to something huge and then pulled out when it eventually didn't work out. #targetCanada
They bought old shitty stores and didnt understand that the reason they failed was they priced themselves out of the market, so Target didn't help themselves. They failed before they started.

Has anyone heard rumors/trickle downs about the future of E2E? Is corporate pretty set on fully rolling out to everyone/everything, or is there still a chance it might get ditched eventually?

I think E2E works in theory, but in my experience, it does NOT work in execution if it doesn't get support, people and hours. At my store, we've technically got the hours but we've had a hard time getting people to fill it, and we DON'T get store support. We're expected to be completely self-sufficient and if we crash and burn, oh well. I remember when the store would support all the different teams if they were having a bad day/week and leaders would send people or resources over to help out if they were behind, for the good of the whole store.

Now, instead of everyone being team oriented, they're so hyper-focused on their own thing that they could not be bothered to help out a TM/TL in another department even if they were running around on fire. I hate that isolated mentality and it's making the store a sucky, divided place to work.
From what I am understanding being I live and work in Houston and store of the future is in Richmond TX, E2E is committed all in scenario that Spot believes will allow them to compete with Amazon etc.

The doesn't mean your assessment is incorrect. It is in fact correct. I don't think Spot grasped the culture change that would come. If you divide the store into areas of responsibility and enforce that, people will get territorial. The problem is exactily for it to work people need to feel pride in their area and what to make it beautiful and NOT HAVE TO DEAL WITH any other part of the sales floor.

This is a major reason why alot (from what I read here) are fully out there or have pulled back. Spot expected that all departments have dedicated TMs, but lives interveined. People call out. Poor chocies are made because other areas vanish.

This is why the leadership is going to be held accountable next. The 'Why haven't you staffed right?" will come. Spot wont blame the failure of its scheduling system, its poor inventory control or the major Fubar that is SFS or the simple lack of training.

I have no clue what will happen to other stores beyond this. I do know that for all my stores shortcomings, spot is currently happy with it.

The solution is actually quite simple. The 'On hand 6 on floor 0 in back 0' that On hand number needs to be editable. That will solve a lot of the inventory problem.

No it won't. I have seen countless times where out inventory counts are dead on and we are sent multiple cases of backstock. One of the worst examples recently was Del Monte vegetables; specifically corn and green beans. We had a pallet of them leftover from 4th quarter last year. Our on hand count was close to 1000 on each DPCI but that didn't prevent the DC from sending us 2-3 cases every week.

^^ Because it was probably promo'd in at least 3 places and corporate/Del Monte wanted to make sure that your promo spots stayed completely full. I've seen it happen over and over and over.

^^ Because it was probably promo'd in at least 3 places and corporate/Del Monte wanted to make sure that your promo spots stayed completely full. I've seen it happen over and over and over.
Yes, that pushing of freight helps no one. Its Corporate dropping the ball because they can see the numbers and know you don't need the canned veggies.
If corporate needs a fixed number, thats fine but this is why sfs has issues, why stuff is shipped too much/ too little and why people are angry. It needed to be editable and those problems go away.

No it won't. I have seen countless times where out inventory counts are dead on and we are sent multiple cases of backstock. One of the worst examples recently was Del Monte vegetables; specifically corn and green beans. We had a pallet of them leftover from 4th quarter last year. Our on hand count was close to 1000 on each DPCI but that didn't prevent the DC from sending us 2-3 cases every week.
We received 2 pallets each of green beans and corn, plus multiple cases each truck in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. It was merchandised in a prominent spot near one of the entrances and it had sold down to almost nothing by Thanksgiving.

With some things, they send you so much because they honestly expect it to sell quickly. There are teams of people at corporate whose entire job is figuring out what to buy and how it will sell.

We received 2 pallets each of green beans and corn, plus multiple cases each truck in the weeks leading up to Thanksgiving. It was merchandised in a prominent spot near one of the entrances and it had sold down to almost nothing by Thanksgiving.

With some things, they send you so much because they honestly expect it to sell quickly. There are teams of people at corporate whose entire job is figuring out what to buy and how it will sell.

And the other 50% of the time, there a people in the store who do the same thing, but are paid 1/20th of the aforementioned .

The longer I'm with my store, the more I shake my head at how they expect the Market E2E team to do everything in the time allotted, given how they schedule us. I've figured out that we're basically being scheduled enough hours/people to come clean on the truck, sort of. Absolutely nothing else. That means cleaning, zoning, organization, filling from the backroom, sales planners, etc. are all ignored or in the case of sales planners, palmed off on other teams who don't know food.

I can't wait to get out; it's driving me insane. It's embarrassing when guests are constantly giving me expired product that they found on the shelves, or when there's empty holes in pFresh because nobody has time to purge the unlocated coolers, or when I have to literally wipe mold off product that I'm FIFO'ing on the floor because the shelves are so dirty. It's disgusting.

^ I had an extraordinary problem w del Monte single serve fruit. Those plastic packs always leaked at the least provocation. Left a mess. Those shelves were always a priority clean up esp back in the day when we were scheduled to help during inventory and no truck.

And the other 50% of the time, there a people in the store who do the same thing, but are paid 1/20th of the aforementioned .
I was referring to the buyers and analysts. Nobody at the store level decides what to order and how much (with the obvious exception of the few items in the food order).

My point was that, despite the buyer's forecast being way off at my store last year and having about 1000 of each left over, we were still being replenished all year. The system KNEW we had too much but wouldn't let us sell through it during the past year.

My point was that, despite the buyer's forecast being way off at my store last year and having about 1000 of each left over, we were still being replenished all year. The system KNEW we had too much but wouldn't let us sell through it during the past year.
Case in point double trucks everyday this week cause we are doing 250 to 300 k per day. And the back room is full of merchandise no where to back stock anything. Corporate knows we sell so much so just push it to our store worry about it in January

35 more general merchandise trucks till Christmas

^ I had an extraordinary problem w del Monte single serve fruit. Those plastic packs always leaked at the least provocation. Left a mess. Those shelves were always a priority clean up esp back in the day when we were scheduled to help during inventory and no truck.

Fuck those things...what kind of worthless ass packaging explodes like a grenade from falling a couple feet

whenever I get sent to zone market and get to the fruit cups they're always glued to the shelf in their own goo...just waiting for a guest to buy a leaky one and get botulism

Fuck those things...what kind of worthless ass packaging explodes like a grenade from falling a couple feet

whenever I get sent to zone market and get to the fruit cups they're always glued to the shelf in their own goo...just waiting for a guest to buy a leaky one and get botulism
I qmos them all the time. Take all off the shelf and just toss away

Given the variety of discoloration I'm thinking new varieties of penicillin. So they could possibly cure themselves?

That packaging is so horrible that when I'm on register I will put them in a separate bag for the guest, and, then, put that bag in with the other food items. The guest will sometimes say something, so I tell them why I do it. I don't want a guest of mine getting home and finding all their items covered in that syrupy mess.

The longer I'm with my store, the more I shake my head at how they expect the Market E2E team to do everything in the time allotted, given how they schedule us. I've figured out that we're basically being scheduled enough hours/people to come clean on the truck, sort of. Absolutely nothing else. That means cleaning, zoning, organization, filling from the backroom, sales planners, etc. are all ignored or in the case of sales planners, palmed off on other teams who don't know food.

I can't wait to get out; it's driving me insane. It's embarrassing when guests are constantly giving me expired product that they found on the shelves, or when there's empty holes in pFresh because nobody has time to purge the unlocated coolers, or when I have to literally wipe mold off product that I'm FIFO'ing on the floor because the shelves are so dirty. It's disgusting.

Same story at my store. The schedule is a joke. Market barely comes clean on truck at the end of the day - and that’s not counting dry goods. I’ve never been so stressed out at this place. Since E2E started, I’ve called off probably 6 times. Just to get a break from the madness. Before that, I dont think I called off more than once a year, if that, in the 7 years I’ve worked for Target.

The jealousy I have for people that put in their two weeks is indescribable. Everyone tells me to just quit, find a new job if you hate it so much. But to (quickly) find another place that pays me the same hourly, gives me health insurance and the same hours seems like a tall order. God knows I’m trying.

Back