MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

One difference I've noticed between flow TMs doing the push and beauty E2E TMs doing it is that products get put in wrong places by people who aren't used to doing a lot of push and quickly checking for DPCIs or UPCs. I've seen it with name-brand and Up and Up products being switched - often with a major difference in price point - and with different size packages of the same product. Shampoo and conditioner are swapped, which is ok price-wise but not when it comes to in-stocks. Bonus size bottles are pushed to the back when new regular-size bottles arrive, which leads to guests fishing out the bigger ones and making a mess in the process. And they apparently don't know how to properly stow product in the backroom. But I guess they know how to sell product and maybe that's all that counts.

One difference I've noticed between flow TMs doing the push and beauty E2E TMs doing it is that products get put in wrong places by people who aren't used to doing a lot of push a

Been the opposite at my store. The beauty tms who put stuff in the wrong place make more work for themselves so they stock hba much better than flow did who would throw crap wherever and not have to deal with the consequences

I dunno; we've got people in market who are stocking lazy (over stock, wrong spots, etc.) and don't seem to care that it makes pushing the truck harder every day because you have to stop and fix whatever mess you made before you can continue.

Some things are just stupid; like yesterday I had to superzone two sections in freezer and meat because it had just got to pieces and people were just adding to the problem instead of taking the time to fix it. Ugh.

Been the opposite at my store. The beauty tms who put stuff in the wrong place make more work for themselves so they stock hba much better than flow did who would throw crap wherever and not have to deal with the consequences
Yes, this would make sense. However, one of the unfortunate lessons I've learned working at Target is that a whole lot of things don't make sense.
Another unfortunate thing is that some of those flow TMs who just throw things wherever work at my store too. They're part of why I prefer working in the same little area most shifts so I don't have to work with those slackers very much.

Here's a follow-up to my prior comment and a perfect example of our *crackerjack* beauty team. Found these examples in one shift: non-bonus and much larger bottles of shampoo (4 bottles of a size we don't carry, probably a case sent to the wrong store) stocked along with the size we do carry, at a significant price difference; bottles of a product that hasn't been set yet placed with no shelf tag on a shelf near products in the same line - so when the likely endcap is set in a couple of weeks, that TM would have had to leave a space blank because the product wasn't located, either on the shelf or in the back room; very overstocked hair brushes and more on the wrong pegs, along with one that should have been tagged clearance but it wasn't findable because it was behind the ones that were in the wrong place; shampoo on a top shelf so overstocked that it was shoving into neighboring space (the plastic divider thing had come away from the shelf); the Neutrogena face wipes that are supposed to be on a side cap are consistently mixed in with the ones in the aisle. It took me only a few minutes to properly back stock and take the other things to where they can be taken care of.
The really sad thing? Talking to beauty TMs at my store, with the notable exception of one of them who actually cares and is on the ball, is like talking to a wall. Or worse, there's always some excuse for why they didn't do something the right way.

It will be funny watching the Cosmetics team run its own major transition.

Shit, I am Signing TM, no it won't.....

All of them need help taking the Plastic cover off of sign holders from me. lol

We have at least 5 call offs a day, even supervisors. We are so understaffed. We have gone from full E2E to secretly having backroom, price change, & POG back. I'm starting to feel like the management is TRYING to do everything the hard way. They will want all lows & outs researched for am area when it's not all pushed or backstocked. Sooooo this messes up CAF's we have empty shelves & full backroom & so much backstock it's got to be an OSHA violation or fire hazard.

It was working in the one aisle of grocery before 4th Quarter...then 4Q came along with opening at 7am instead of 8. The 4am guy still had uboats and an aisle full of crap on the floor at 7am the other day. LOL. They are having a guy come in at 2am now...which IMO defeats the purpose. And it's one of the easiest, lowest case count aisles. Softlines isn't working anymore either...so much isn't getting worked. Cosmetics, I have no idea, but I do know they don't backstock their own shit about 80% of the time and never do their own pulls...so really it's not even E2E.

If at the beginning of Q1 they start converting DCs to eaches/pieces distribution then you know E2E is staying. If they don't, then they may be wavering on it, or (God forbid), keep things just the way they are thereby screwing all us in the stores and the company as a whole.

If at the beginning of Q1 they start converting DCs to eaches/pieces distribution then you know E2E is staying. If they don't, then they may be wavering on it, or (God forbid), keep things just the way they are thereby screwing all us in the stores and the company as a whole.
why not both? I mean we can do it if we try hard enough. One team one dream!!!!

Noob question; what would the difference be between eaches/pieces distribution instead of the current system? Does that mean that everything would basically come as repacks with only specified #s to fill to capacity, and not as casepacks as we generally receive now? I'm guessing that would potentially vastly reduce the amount of backstock a store would have.

Noob question; what would the difference be between eaches/pieces distribution instead of the current system? Does that mean that everything would basically come as repacks with only specified #s to fill to capacity, and not as casepacks as we generally receive now? I'm guessing that would potentially vastly reduce the amount of backstock a store would have.

Exactly. Plus less merchandise in the backroom where it can't sell and potential added capacity for ship from store.

I wonder how that would work for consumables/perishables...I could see it being really useful for things that have a short shelf life and doesn't move very much. It could eliminate a LOT of having to toss stuff because it expired in the backroom...

We are testing a version of the eaches system...for a few aisles. It's a joke. They come in repacks that are supposed to be sorted by aisle, but they are only mostly sorted by aisle, which means we still have to go through them and sort product for the correct aisles. And we regularly get anywhere from 35-80 of these repacks a night, and still get backstock.

Exactly. Plus less merchandise in the backroom where it can't sell and potential added capacity for ship from store.

They could have accomplished this years ago by not sending so much unneeded garbage to the stores. Sending a case of 6 when the shelf needs 4 to be filled is fine. Having the DC spend time breaking open and detrashing a case of 6 to put 4 in a repack, where it is MUCH more susceptible to damage, is a waste of payroll. Sending 5 cases of 6 at a time when the shelf needs less than 1 case to be filled is stupid and has been the replenishment model the entire time I've worked at Target.

There is zero reason for stores to have so much product in their backroom. Having a ~30 foot section of light duty shelving dedicated solely to cereal backstock is a symbol of how much payroll is wasted in our entire replenishment process.

We are testing a version of the eaches system...for a few aisles. It's a joke. They come in repacks that are supposed to be sorted by aisle, but they are only mostly sorted by aisle, which means we still have to go through them and sort product for the correct aisles. And we regularly get anywhere from 35-80 of these repacks a night, and still get backstock.
Again, in theory, E2E sounds great. But it requires replenishment to be spot on. If not, you are going to have wasted time at the stor level and loads of outs. My confidence in the company executing this properly at the DCs is is not very high.

I know that personally, I have seen an improvement on the store level now that we take smaller, more frequent trucks (almost daily for everything in market) instead of fewer, larger trucks. Its fairly rare to backstock whole casepacks, and I remember that used to happen all the time before. So I feel like some parts are a bit better, but others...eh.

I dread the possibility of this happening. My store is low-volume and we get a lot of product in repacks. I get the idea of not getting lots of full cases of product and have 3/4 of it get back stocked, but the way the repacks are packed? Stationery and electronics and grocery items mixed in with HBA all the time, and of course health care and beauty are in the same box every day - even though beauty is e2e and health care isn't and they're done by different TMs now. And the condition of some of that product is awful - smashed bandaid boxes, body wash oozing out all over everything - oh joy. At least sometimes the oozing body wash is a nice fragrance.

I hope there will be a better packaging or organized repack bec the snacks that usually come to me from repacks are dented and I had to defect those out. No one in my store area would buy those. Imagine those chips coming through repacks. Smashed/crushed.

BTW, I don't know if it's true or not. I just heard it being discussed between a SFS TM and a HR TM. Apparently my district is bringing back a backroom team.

Last edited:
Back