MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

No reduction for grandfathered in team members. My district contact explained they think every team member should be able to do the duties the PA did.
That's how my store runs grocery. The only extra things the FA does is handle vendors and write the schedule.

When I went on vacation several months ago, one of my team members did the order and and announced tha he liked doing it, so I let him continue to do it. I pretty much do not feel anymore special than anyone else on my team. Although, I am still Helping out with vendors. As long as we do not lose pay, I am ok.

I miss doing the order, I loved killing our Guardrails, to have a full floor, and borderline empty produce cooler, when C&S arrived with the new shipment.

Made you feel like a boss :cool:

So our FA/PA will be that in given title only...will they spread his responsibilities around or give him the same random schedule as the rest of us? I doubt it.

It would explain why our was complaining about getting closing shifts...

I noticed three articles about Amazon/Whole Foods and order -to -shelf processes that left aisles and shelves empty. Wouldn't it be ironic if E toE was viewed w happy nostalgia?

I noticed three articles about Amazon/Whole Foods and order -to -shelf processes that left aisles and shelves empty. Wouldn't it be ironic if E toE was viewed w happy nostalgia?

I saw it too and it's not just a regional problem, but a nationwide problem. My p-fresh area has never looked that empty, except for when there's big snowstorms.

that is not possible E2E born from the ashes of Viper and ever other half baked psycho nonsense that came from the divorced from the realities of the stores that is our corp/group/district structure.

E2E will be looked upon for what it was a doomed half baked initiative that was never properly implemented just like most things that come from above.

if they want the stores to succeed look not to us but to our supply chain and what ever wizards that decide what to actually ship to us. Like for instance the 175 bottles of antifreeze we have, who thought that was a good idea?

--
apparently I never hit [Post Reply] re read what I wrote and wow just a little on the "edgy" side

1. E2e makes working receiving very difficult. There are so many pallets, uboats and flat beds set up on the line during the unload. I can hardly work at the my work station. Many times I can barley turn around or get Vendors inside the door to check them in. If we had enough team members to rolout and fill the shelves as soon as they're full would be a dream come true.

Maybe another thread for this, but I was at my local Meijer earlier and there was a TM working freight in market from a wrapped pallet. Made me jealous - I understand Meijer is a different dynamic and company, but it’s proof of concept. They’re similar in many ways. I agree with some reviews @HRZone has posted, them stocking during business hours can be annoying, but the zone is spot on at Meijer when I go. I can’t believe how few outs they have, and shelves are typically fully faced.

True, but at my Meijer, produce has gotten pretty bad. Sometimes, it looks like no one has culled for a week.

True, but at my Meijer, produce has gotten pretty bad. Sometimes, it looks like no one has culled for a week.
That’s surprising. My local store gets frequent trucks and it seems like they sell well so it’s always fresh. I’ve been pleased. Though I’m very close to their HQ. Giving away my location (sort of)

I have to post this here. Its about how another compnay is doing the system Target wants to do and how its working for them.

Whole Foods employees are 'crying' over stressful new workplace rules, report says - http://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/2018/02/02/whole-foods-employees-are-crying-over-stressful-new-workplace-rules-report-says.html

Employees at Whole Foods Market say the company’s new policies have thrown their workday into chaos, with one supervisor saying it’s not uncommon to see stressed-out employees crying on the job.

Workers for the Austin-based supermarket chain tell Business Insider that the store’s new “order-to-shelf” inventory system has been taking a toll on the staff since the guidelines were implemented last year.

WHOLE FOODS CUSTOMERS ANGRY OVER SHORTAGES, EMPTY SHELVES

"I wake up in the middle of the night from nightmares about maps and inventory,” said one Whole Foods employee who spoke with Business Insider. “The stress has created such a tense working environment. Seeing someone cry at work is becoming normal."

Under the new procedure, store managers and employees are instructed to display the store’s inventory mostly on its shelves, rather than hold a larger inventory in a back room and constantly restock — a practice that leads to stores “constantly running out of products,” according to one employee.

This order-to-shelf system, or OTS, is also the same system that was recently blamed for the empty shelves spotted at Whole Foods locations across the country, but employees have claimed that the “militaristic” inventory system prevented them from doing much to correct the problem.

View image on Twitter

https://twitter.com/kered/status/948697818054758400
Kered@kered

I’m feeling whiny. @WholeFoods, your restocking the shelves when they get empty policy stinks. Your rise in popularity w/ @amazon makes the demand for good food larger than ever. Review your sales data and get stuff on the shelves quicker pls!!

5:29 PM - Jan 3, 2018
Twitter Ads info and privacy

8 Jan
jennifer irwin@jenirwin69
@WholeFoods your USQ location is a disgrace last few months. Horribly stocked with empty shelves. And #DylansCandy?! Cause people can’t walk 2 blocks to their store. #SHAME pic.twitter.com/DyQHlt055J

https://twitter.com/jenirwin69/status/950440238198984706
jennifer irwin@jenirwin69

pic.twitter.com/2rVMlj3vf0

12:53 PM - Jan 8, 2018

Twitter Ads info and privacy

SAN JOSE MARKET EMPLOYEE SPOTTED WHEELING IN CART FULL OF RAW MEAT

Making matters worse are the new “scorecards” that managers are expected to grade their employees with. According to Business Insider, these scorecards record how an employee stocked a certain shelf, or managed the storage area for their department. Supervisors are also expected to quiz employees on the best-selling items or sales goals for that particular week, and deduct points for unsatisfactory results, if necessary.

"Every item in our department has a designated spot that is labeled or marked," another employee told the publication. "If that item is even an inch outside of its designated spot … we receive negative marks."

Any employee who scores below an 89.9 is possibly subject to termination, say workers.

And while lower-scoring employees have been terminated under the new “scorecard” system, an anonymous employee said store leaders and even one regional vice president have quit “because they consider OTS to be absurd.”

Other employees say they hope that Amazon, which recently acquired Whole Foods, will come to their rescue. (The implementation of Whole Foods' OTS system predates Amazon’s acquisition of the company.) But as Gizmodo notes, Amazon’s own delivery drivers are working under “similar conditions” and struggling to finish their routes on time.

We still have two trucks for SL in the back room and another due today with only me who's supposed to be doing VM's and our shoe Tm. That's it and we're also covering FR.

Me and the rest of the SL team were trying to finish pushing the (three) trucks yesterday evening but surprise we got a visit from our DTL who was their shopping so after she left we were all coached on all the reshop that was left from 2 guest! So needless to say we pushed all the tubs back to the stock room.

Me and the rest of the SL team were trying to finish pushing the (three) trucks yesterday evening but surprise we got a visit from our DTL who was their shopping so after she left we were all coached on all the reshop that was left from 2 guest! So needless to say we pushed all the tubs back to the stock room.

Yep, district level and above leadership is just out of control at this point. I think most stores are just figuring they will take the coaching from them and operate as normal because the upper leadership doesn’t realize their direction is making many aspects of the business impossible, and for some upper volume stores, fire code violations unavoidable.

I have posted already that this is what one would expect to see given the manner in which we promoted leaders for the last two decades.

Yep, district level and above leadership is just out of control at this point. I think most stores are just figuring they will take the coaching from them and operate as normal because the upper leadership doesn’t realize their direction is making many aspects of the business impossible, and for some upper volume stores, fire code violations unavoidable.

I have posted already that this is what one would expect to see given the manner in which we promoted leaders for the last two decades.

Oh they found the hours to clean up for the fire inspection but then cut it back down and two days later the vehicles are all full of push/backstock the backrooms again look like a parking lot and drunks parked the cars. The day it was clean, was the first day I didn't INF any softlines orders.. Funny when stuff is actually in its place orders actually get filled.

Back