MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

I'm still confused about all of this, can someone tell me how this will effect my dept (Beauty)?

Is this fact based on living in the wild or captivity? LOL

Elephants live longer in the wild. Up to twice as long. Gazelles are the opposite. They only live up to 8 years in the wild and 12 to 15 in captivity. His analogy wasn't the best because elephants have no natural enemies while gazelles are prey for every predator around.

Elephants live longer in the wild. Up to twice as long. Gazelles are the opposite. They only live up to 8 years in the wild and 12 to 15 in captivity. His analogy wasn't the best because elephants have no natural enemies while gazelles are prey for every predator around.

I think the analogy they were looking for was more of a "Super Virus". One that can adapt to whatever humanity throws at it, but can repack itself enough, to always just look like a box. Whether boxes in 2040, look different from boxes in 2018.... remains to be seen.

I've been hearing about this and I hope it's not true. This would effectively turn working a truck into working a trailer full of CAF pulls (or even worse, reshop). I don't see how this would be remotely efficient.
Its not if you aren't E2E but if you are then its no different. You have a person who does them anyway? So there you go.

Its not if you aren't E2E but if you are then its no different. You have a person who does them anyway? So there you go.
We are E2E.

There's a huge difference in the amount of time per piece to work cases of freight vs eaches in a repack. Just because it's (supposedly) going to be sorted by department won't change the fact that you will likely end up having to walk 3 times as far just to finish a single box.

I'd much rather work cases from a presorted pallet.... than work eaches from a plastic tub [from the truck.]

aka. I'd rather corp work on better loading the trucks so that departments are already sorted onto pallets.... instead of loaded all hodge podge into the trailer and sorted on the line.

I'd much rather work cases from a presorted pallet.... than work eaches from a plastic tub [from the truck.]

aka. I'd rather corp work on better loading the trucks so that departments are already sorted onto pallets.... instead of loaded all hodge podge into the trailer and sorted on the line.
How many departments are there?

Maybe the system could be updated to print the aisle and bin on the conveyable label according to the store? If the store remodels then the system would have to be updated. The trucks would still be mixed but loads could be unloaded and sorted by aisles.

Back