MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

Maybe the system could be updated to print the aisle and bin on the conveyable label according to the store? If the store remodels then the system would have to be updated. The trucks would still be mixed but loads could be unloaded and sorted by aisles.

What you suggest is already how the trucks are unloaded at the stores. The labels have the aisle and locations of the item where it is located for that store. There is also a custom block number used by the truck unload team to sort the boxes onto pallets, basically according the dept number it belongs to, though the numbers don't match, i.e. custom block 30 is not dept. 30.

That's a good question.

I'd settle for items being sorted onto pallets by a general area - HBA, Pets, Chemicals, Paper, Grocery, Small Appliances, Home Decor, Home Storage, Toys, Sporting Goods, etc.

As far as legit Depts (as in from the DPCI) I don't know how many Departments there are in a store.
You listed 10 general areas. I would put 10 pallets on the floor of a trailer. Side by side. 5 rows. And load the trailer by those 10. I'm not in Outbound, but I constantly change the way I do things to improve. All I can say is "Hope springs eternal..." - Alexander Pope 1734

Soon enough my FDC truck will be @6am. No logic going from a full overnite thing to a late evening and now an early morning. No way to be fresh and full by 8am! They're basically contradicting everything they preached almost a decade ago.

Soon enough my FDC truck will be @6am. No logic going from a full overnite thing to a late evening and now an early morning. No way to be fresh and full by 8am! They're basically contradicting everything they preached almost a decade ago.
Yes my fdc truck was always 6 or 6:30 am now with the flow at 4 am my fdc trucks this week are 10:30 am, 9:30am, 11am, 8:30 am. I was pushing produce bananas and meat till 2:30 pm.

Yes my fdc truck was always 6 or 6:30 am now with the flow at 4 am my fdc trucks this week are 10:30 am, 9:30am, 11am, 8:30 am. I was pushing produce bananas and meat till 2:30 pm.
Trust me, I've dealed with that when the FDC wouldn't arrive at 6pm or whatever for whatever reason and doesn't get there until 9am or 10:30am and sometimes noon. A pain in the ass epecially when they would send hardlines TM to help us push. Then when outdated stuff is found and stuff not FIFO'd then blame it on the market team. I hate it. I appreciate the help but if its not gonna be done the right way then I'd rather have market team push all day. Then dealing with guests and pushing the FDC makes me wanna scream IF IT AINT OUT ON THE SHELF DON'T ASK 'CAUSE I AINT GONNA DIG THRU THE PALLETS!

You listed 10 general areas. I would put 10 pallets on the floor of a trailer. Side by side. 5 rows. And load the trailer by those 10. I'm not in Outbound, but I constantly change the way I do things to improve. All I can say is "Hope springs eternal..." - Alexander Pope 1734

From my understanding of how our DC's operate, it would require process and physical changes to make any of this work at that point of the supply chain.

It would be woefully inefficient for the DC to sort at the dock or in the truck given how freight is currently handled. The set up from what I understand is designed to get it as quickly as possible in the truck as it shows up at the outbound dock. There is no room nor time currently for any other process.

Our supply chain in general is not set up at all for E2E/Store Modernization. It will require the DC's to be reorganized into massive pick pack operations instead of what they are now, retail fulfillment centers. This is due in part to what Spot has plans for the store's backroom locations.

Target Auth Services - https://www.targetred360.com/site/2018/03/position-stores-as-hubs/

Don't forget this one:

Target Auth Services - https://www.targetred360.com/site/2017/03/how-targets-going-to-win-l-part-2/

We're currently in the process of these two:

Target Auth Services - https://www.targetred360.com/site/2017/03/how-targets-going-to-win-l-part-one/

Target Auth Services - https://www.targetred360.com/site/2017/04/how-targets-going-to-win-l-part-3/

How Target's going to win Part 2 should have been the first to be implemented. This is by far the longest and most likely the costliest change process to implement.

IMO we simply do not generate the margins to justify such a capital outlay in the projects that Minneapolis has been implementing and planning (living beyond our means).

If all of the retail locations were able to generate enough revenue (somewhere around $50 M+range/130K sq ft or about $385/sq ft), it might be financially justifiable in a 5 year plan. That is of course, if it could be done within a 5 year period. I would estimate it will take about 7-10 years to turn the supply side operations around to meet the expectations of E2E/Store Modernization. Yes, it is that complex.

Even if we did have the DC's converting their operations now, these new ways of doing business are heavily dependent on payroll hours, not automation nor information systems.

You have to be able to generate enough margin to cover these additional costs (conversions and payroll hours). Hours anyone?

Then we have the new apps and their fixes that will need revisions to match all of the new changes that would be required when (ever) they pull everything together.

If you think its ugly now, just wait.

From my understanding of how our DC's operate, it would require process and physical changes to make any of this work at that point of the supply chain.

It would be woefully inefficient for the DC to sort at the dock or in the truck given how freight is currently handled. The set up from what I understand is designed to get it as quickly as possible in the truck as it shows up at the outbound dock. There is no room nor time currently for any other process.

Our supply chain in general is not set up at all for E2E/Store Modernization. It will require the DC's to be reorganized into massive pick pack operations instead of what they are now, retail fulfillment centers. This is due in part to what Spot has plans for the store's backroom locations.

Target Auth Services - https://www.targetred360.com/site/2018/03/position-stores-as-hubs/

Don't forget this one:

Target Auth Services - https://www.targetred360.com/site/2017/03/how-targets-going-to-win-l-part-2/

We're currently in the process of these two:

Target Auth Services - https://www.targetred360.com/site/2017/03/how-targets-going-to-win-l-part-one/

Target Auth Services - https://www.targetred360.com/site/2017/04/how-targets-going-to-win-l-part-3/

How Target's going to win Part 2 should have been the first to be implemented. This is by far the longest and most likely the costliest change process to implement.

IMO we simply do not generate the margins to justify such a capital outlay in the projects that Minneapolis has been implementing and planning (living beyond our means).

If all of the retail locations were able to generate enough revenue (somewhere around $50 M+range/130K sq ft or about $385/sq ft), it might be financially justifiable in a 5 year plan. That is of course, if it could be done within a 5 year period. I would estimate it will take about 7-10 years to turn the supply side operations around to meet the expectations of E2E/Store Modernization. Yes, it is that complex.

Even if we did have the DC's converting their operations now, these new ways of doing business are heavily dependent on payroll hours, not automation nor information systems.

You have to be able to generate enough margin to cover these additional costs (conversions and payroll hours). Hours anyone?

Then we have the new apps and their fixes that will need revisions to match all of the new changes that would be required when (ever) they pull everything together.

If you think its ugly now, just wait.
While I would love to believe that this would stop because of cost outlay, that wont happen. DCs that are as you say 'massive pick pack operations' are being built. Where is money coming from? good question.

While I would love to believe that this would stop because of cost outlay, that wont happen. DCs that are as you say 'massive pick pack operations' are being built. Where is money coming from? good question.

The is no need for money for the DC's because nothing is happening. No permits nor press releases have been made in public in that regards either.

Such a scope of work would require a bidding process for all of the various trades and other requirements (EEOC & Minority Requirements)

Spot's Leadership cannot demonstrate and ROI (return on investment) on Operational Expenditures that size due to not having the numbers to justify such. In other words, Spot does not measure internal processes for quality control and continuous improvement. We have numbers, but they are not a standardized quantitative variety to base capital spending on.

ASANTS anyone???

Leadership is trying to demonstrate that they have a strategy that justifies expenditures vs. hard numbers.

Maybe the system could be updated to print the aisle and bin on the conveyable label according to the store? If the store remodels then the system would have to be updated. The trucks would still be mixed but loads could be unloaded and sorted by aisles.
That’s what custom blocks were for. Departments, groups of aisles.
Corporate took a system that worked and then broke it.
Excuse the quote echo :oops:

Ha, if the "massive pick pack operation" for DC eaches is even half as inefficient as SFS, it's gonna go to shit real fast.

This is the way its always been at my store. Completely erratic uta. And now that we've gone end to end our stl bitches when the two tms they scheduled for a 450 piece truck that doesn't arrive until 11am isn't finished by 2:30. And as the senior most PA, I get all the heat for it. Not our full time CTL, mind you.
What kills me about it now, though is the fact that they're removing the pay incentive for the PA role. Why should I be held to a higher level of accountability when my position now pays the same as new consumables tms?
(Sorry for going mildly off topic there. This is actually my first post on the breakroom.)

We were already 4am for a year, all my regular drivers went to bat for our store to keep our delivery at 4am since we unload them quick and early. We are supposed to switch schedules as of the 16th and receive it at 6am; hopefully their efforts pay off......

First week of breaking out softlines in the back and we have a big team from another store pushing all weeks freight at our store because our management is to stupid to make it work. Smh I just cant stop laughing. My etls response to me saying thats just sad "no its not we just dont have the team or the hours". . .these looney tunes are why I dont have cable

First week of breaking out softlines in the back and we have a big team from another store pushing all weeks freight at our store because our management is to stupid to make it work. Smh I just cant stop laughing. My etls response to me saying thats just sad "no its not we just dont have the team or the hours". . .these looney tunes are why I dont have cable

Softlines breakout got moved out of our BR because they finally noticed there's no fucking room and it's literally impossible to get autos and CAFs pulled with 25 Z-racks in the way. That and there was not very much breaking out and a lot of chit chat and phone use going on inside the hedge maze of Z-racks. About fucking time.

I sure as hell hope they kill this after this weeks disgustingly massive fail we cant even get to the paper and transition wall because of all the pallets and repacks of none broken out crap. Idiots I cant wait till we get a new stl since our current one went awol these etls are drowning and using us as life preservers. Whats left of us anyway.

Who else loves when an ETL gets heir ass handed to them by a DTL visit then suddenly they run a 70 hr week to get clean and send DTL a pic of the line with empty u boats all clear and ready for next truck *crops out soft lines carts and pallets of shoes that won’t fit*. It’s hilarious the DTL just buys it. All about optics. Looks clean, must be clean!

I sure as hell hope they kill this after this weeks disgustingly massive fail we cant even get to the paper and transition wall because of all the pallets and repacks of none broken out crap. Idiots I cant wait till we get a new stl since our current one went awol these etls are drowning and using us as life preservers. Whats left of us anyway.
At least the life preservers are left floating while everyone else has drowned.

Just reminding you that Spot expects everyone to be on the E2E bandwagon so all changes are from that prespective Also, did you not know Our current CEO used to be the Sam's Club Ceo.
YEs, I am aware of Brian Cornells history, too bad he did not pick up on Sam Waltons stores best attributes, upward mobility, promoting from within, and stable store leadership. I worked for Walmart from 2007-2010 and 2 of the 6 Assistant Managers are still there, whereas in 5 years at Target every salaried position has been replaced two-four times. Target is a shit show.

Who else loves when an ETL gets heir ass handed to them by a DTL visit then suddenly they run a 70 hr week to get clean and send DTL a pic of the line with empty u boats all clear and ready for next truck *crops out soft lines carts and pallets of shoes that won’t fit*. It’s hilarious the DTL just buys it. All about optics. Looks clean, must be clean!
What works, works.

I've been closing the last couple of nights and I discovered something annoying. Our New Senior TL for A&A decided that When he is closing LOD A&A and electronics MUST zone & do go backs (we call them stray). Electronics is required to do toys, sporting goods seasonal, automotive, furniture, fan central and ensure the backroom is prepped for the close.
A&A does all the folding, sorting, fitting room, operator announcements and grabs drive up if after 9 pm.
So what does grocery do? Nothing. We dont have one scheduled after 8pm. The one that is scheduled to 8pm is only required to do their area of grocery. so if its dairy/frozen the rest waits until morning.

Beauty (ie cosmetics) does their area but can ignore the rest of essentials and just do stray the rest of the night.

I said nope. This isnt happening. Made sure she actually did the entire essentials zone pharmacy chem/pets/paper. "You are not shoving a cart around for three hours while our electronics guy struggles to zone hardlines." SenTL asked why I did that. So I walked him over to an unzoned esentials aisle. And asked him, 'is this acceptable.'
His response "How do I do this wasn't business.' (ie guests buying things)
I know the flow of this store because I've been here yrs. Its a dead night.

I am seriously getting tired of this. I'm thinking while he hedges about not blaming, "Its all or nothing. Don't ride electronics and A&A if you aren't riding beauty. "

YEs, I am aware of Brian Cornells history, too bad he did not pick up on Sam Waltons stores best attributes, upward mobility, promoting from within, and stable store leadership. I worked for Walmart from 2007-2010 and 2 of the 6 Assistant Managers are still there, whereas in 5 years at Target every salaried position has been replaced two-four times. Target is a shit show.

While there are alot of Failures (ALOT) that doesn't change my statement. Spot expected us to be on board. If your leadership left you behind, I warned last year, things would get far worse. Nwe STLs and ETL will expect "store modernization" to be implemented no matter how much blood or limbs are lost.

Here is a happy thought. The company doing worse implementing change is Delos. At least our products didnt rise up and start killing people.

While there are alot of Failures (ALOT) that doesn't change my statement. Spot expected us to be on board. If your leadership left you behind, I warned last year, things would get far worse. Nwe STLs and ETL will expect "store modernization" to be implemented no matter how much blood or limbs are lost.

Here is a happy thought. The company doing worse implementing change is Delos. At least our products didnt rise up and start killing people.
[/QUOTE]

The problem is not leadership leaving people behind, it is absent leadership, inexperieced leadership, and leadership rotating out so quickly your head spins. Their is no longer interconnectedness in our store.

The problem is not leadership leaving people behind, it is absent leadership, inexperieced leadership, and leadership rotating out so quickly your head spins. Their is no longer interconnectedness in our store.[/QUOTE]

It doesn't help that they've done everything they can to kill the team spirit to the point of taking "team" out of titles. The whole idea of being "global" is ridiculous now. You can barely finish the pile of work in your own corner let alone find time to reach out and help someone else in theirs. It's every man for himself now so to speak.... I really hate that about it the most.

Back