MEGATHREAD End to End team PILOT

This sentence stopped me in my tracks! I love it !!!! "Air-Fives" and (virtual) hugs for you!!!!! .... okay, carry on with the Thread.....

Thanks and back at ya! The thing is, I can't control my management and my management can't control their management. We're all stuck with each other so make the best of it. Constantly challenging myself and embracing change is its own reward. If we get told to try something new and immediately frown on it, then we've already lost because we've convinced ourselves it sucks even before we give it a shot. The way I look at it is this: they tell me what to do and I have fun finding out the best most efficient way to be a beast at it. And the bonus is... it makes the work day go that much faster.

Thanks and back at ya! The thing is, I can't control my management and my management can't control their management. We're all stuck with each other so make the best of it. Constantly challenging myself and embracing change is its own reward. If we get told to try something new and immediately frown on it, then we've already lost because we've convinced ourselves it sucks even before we give it a shot. The way I look at it is this: they tell me what to do and I have fun finding out the best most efficient way to be a beast at it. And the bonus is... it makes the work day go that much faster.

Really nice post !!! :):):) What a great perspective ! This is obviously your "nature" to handle challenges with this attitude. Work isn't "easy"..... it's WORK !!! But being solution-oriented is rewarding! While it may not always seem like it.... your positivity is contagious. The Team/Peers will gravitate to you for answers and outlook. :)

Softlines breakout got moved out of our BR because they finally noticed there's no fucking room and it's literally impossible to get autos and CAFs pulled with 25 Z-racks in the way. That and there was not very much breaking out and a lot of chit chat and phone use going on inside the hedge maze of Z-racks. About fucking time.
They need to move the fucking softlines truck breakdown OUT of my backroom. Their shit just blocks my access to all my coolers and then they stare at me why I have to keep going back there but all they do is chat about relationships and play with their phones. Also I don't get it why they keep bringing so much clothes every truck and it sits hanging in the BR, goes clearance two weeks after and salvage before it even hits the floor. Sometimes it wouldn't even be clearance, just salvage. What a waste of cheap labor!

I can't even imagine the logistics involved with shipping Eaches to 1800 stores.

:feels sorry for DC team:

can't even imagine how this will occur accurately.

So, I could get like one jar of honey. two jars of jelly? And the next truck could have a jar of the same honey?

How is that more efficient? Like constantly working Autofills.

If you ever picked for SFS, I imagine at the DC it is something similar, however, you get to go into work seeing ~50,000-100,000 picks everyday. (Just guessing I honestly haven't a clue.

Anyone have any thought and or comments about the sales goals for TM
Its amusing when you mention that after the beautiful cosmetic sales table with drinks from Starbucks during saturday that everyone went to and got free stuff and insight, that Pets still made $100 more at the end of the day.
I suggested that prehaps I should give out dog food samples. The face the STL made was comical. However, I don't think the cosmetics ladies are happy with me. I seem be on the recieving end of a whole lot of stinkeye

Team Leaders have been notified their hours are being cut to 34 a week. I assume it's part of e2e. All other TMs have been cut significantly even though we're consistently beating sales. Thanks for that raise, Spot! More work, less hours. We did the DPO process before Christmas, which caused the STL of 10 years to QUIT- now we're going back to it. Our store already has a backlog of DOZENS of salesplanners from JUNE. WHO will do salesplanners? The TMs in HL are literally crying because they feel unwanted and discarded. Softlines gets 3 TIMES hardlines' hours and HL sales are almost DOUBLE theirs. Smart, Spot.

Last edited:
I will be sharing the few points I have heard about the new pilot.
  • Flow team, instocks, backroom will all fall into salefloor.
  • TMs will be assigned to specific areas of the store and will be held responsible for pushing truck, do research, pull batches, push items, backstock. Example: A TMs, B TMs, Girls TMs, Infant TMs etc
  • Payroll should not be affected and hours will just be reallocated where needed
  • It is not clear how pay grades will be affected.
Anyone knows more? Anyone is having this pilot in their store?
My store has been running the Pilot now for a few months and so far it doesn't feel like a lot has changed, no one has really adopted the new names for GSTL's, Cart Attendant's, Cashiers, etc. . Hardlines and softlines also seem to basically be the same as before, our store has recently decided to get rid of Target Mobile and have electronics team members do everything now (this change as caused a lot of them to move to hardlines or quit all together). That thrown in with the new Drive up and we have all the growing pains one would expect but every day we still open the doors and just keep on chugging along. Not sure how it is at other stores but with the Pilot everyone's pay got bumped to at least 12/hr, Pulls are still a thing, zones haven't changed, and job responsibilities feel no different. The general mood of the store is we don't like the Pilot but we have to live with it.

Team Leaders have been notified their hours are being cut to 34 a week. I assume it's part of e2e. All other TMs have been cut significantly even though we're consistently beating sales. Thanks for that raise, Spot! More work, less hours. We did the DPO process before Christmas, which caused the STL of 10 years to QUIT- now we're going back to it. Our store already has a backlog of DOZENS of salesplanners from JUNE. WHO will do salesplanners? The TMs in HL are literally crying because they feel unwanted and discarded. Softlines gets 3 TIMES hardlines' hours and HL sales are almost DOUBLE theirs. Smart, Spot.

I'm tired and a little forgetful.

What is the DPO process?

DPO - new term for e2e: Dedicated Process Owner for Toys/Sporting Goods, I have a partner that also works with me. Our responsibilities as of now are to do the pulls, push the freight, back stock, zone, research, and guest assistance.
We have one and a half person that does toys. All they can get done is stocking. I say half a person cause the other one is slow. Toys gets zoned like once every two week when everyone is forced to do so. You can forget anything happening in sporting goods.

Anyone have any thought and or comments about the sales goals for TM
For Electronics, it's fucking stupid. If LOD's got me doing zoning and reshops in Hardlines for half a close (despite my STL constantly saying Electronics is to do neither), I'm not in Electronics driving sales, and I shouldn't be rated or judged based on goals I can't even work towards reaching.

For Electronics, it's fucking stupid. If LOD's got me doing zoning and reshops in Hardlines for half a close (despite my STL constantly saying Electronics is to do neither), I'm not in Electronics driving sales, and I shouldn't be rated or judged based on goals I can't even work towards reaching.
I asked if I could get credit for a sale on any item with a display or signing, it would also go for any sale made with a display or signing while I was off the clock.......

They need to move the fucking softlines truck breakdown OUT of my backroom. Their shit just blocks my access to all my coolers and then they stare at me why I have to keep going back there but all they do is chat about relationships and play with their phones. Also I don't get it why they keep bringing so much clothes every truck and it sits hanging in the BR, goes clearance two weeks after and salvage before it even hits the floor. Sometimes it wouldn't even be clearance, just salvage. What a waste of cheap labor!
Ours is in the back half of the second aisle of receiving.

The market team leader gives the team some stupid sheets with assignments for each person to complete which is a waste of paper and like they can't administer it verbally like we've been doing until now in E2E. Makes me feel like the team is being babysat and they are starting to get lost in a sense when there are no made up assignment sheets. Like WTF? SERIOUSLY. And the sheets are useless when half the market team calls out. And scanning outs when the FDC is to arrive at 8:30 or later and even when it comes early and there are UBoats to be worked out with most of the stuff that are outs. Scanning is a waste of my time and loss of productivity. Counts are always going to be off anyway. If you ask me, have the mid and closer do outs on days we come clean and have them pull and restock.

The market team leader gives the team some stupid sheets with assignments for each person to complete which is a waste of paper and like they can't administer it verbally like we've been doing until now in E2E. Makes me feel like the team is being babysat and they are starting to get lost in a sense when there are no made up assignment sheets. Like WTF? SERIOUSLY. And the sheets are useless when half the market team calls out. And scanning outs when the FDC is to arrive at 8:30 or later and even when it comes early and there are UBoats to be worked out with most of the stuff that are outs. Scanning is a waste of my time and loss of productivity. Counts are always going to be off anyway. If you ask me, have the mid and closer do outs on days we come clean and have them pull and restock.

My regional food and bev director gave us those sheets to use with our team. Apparently it’s modernization phase 2 lol. Was given them several weeks ago. Still haven’t implemented them.

Scanning outs is an important part of the in stock process. It should really be done after the push is completed and you are clean so that you aren’t just scanning outs on products that you are going to stock that day anyway.

Scanning your outs ensures that your on hands are accurate so that you’re shelves stay full. Eventually if you scan outs enough, your on hands will be accurate to the point where your shelves will always be full because as soon as a product gets critically low, it will be sent on your shipment.

Scan outs with a three person market team when the load still needs to be pushed and scan outs when the Qmos is overflowing, fast movers need pushing, scan outs just to scan for the sake of checking it off the list. It will never be done the right way when the team lacks equipment and hours are tight.

DPO - new term for e2e: Dedicated Process Owner for Toys/Sporting Goods, I have a partner that also works with me. Our responsibilities as of now are to do the pulls, push the freight, back stock, zone, research, and guest assistance.

My regional food and bev director gave us those sheets to use with our team. Apparently it’s modernization phase 2 lol. Was given them several weeks ago. Still haven’t implemented them.

Scanning outs is an important part of the in stock process. It should really be done after the push is completed and you are clean so that you aren’t just scanning outs on products that you are going to stock that day anyway.

Scanning your outs ensures that your on hands are accurate so that you’re shelves stay full. Eventually if you scan outs enough, your on hands will be accurate to the point where your shelves will always be full because as soon as a product gets critically low, it will be sent on your shipment.

I agree with you completely, and honestly (coming from "old world market team".), unlocating Meat+Dairy coolers, I knew was going to be a huge mistake. Locating them would provide accurate counts, to product that has the highest potential to be inaccurate. Shooting for outs with a backroom, that the computer doesn't know exists, is a bad idea, and will only lead to loss.

Before, I could manually shoot my own customized batch, then a program would calculate, the most productive way to pull it. I would pull it (and then some depending on date), Then fill the floor.

This should be the #1 process of FIFO, however.............

However, scanning outs only works if everything is on the floor and located. If neither is true, all it does is create more freight and confuses the system.

Ours is going ... mostly push is dragged on till around 2pm. Lots of complainers, but it's not terrible. It should get better the minute unload gets their stuff figured out. The faster the product is ready to go the faster the team can start working it before opening. I have noticed Beauty push is troublesome with all the repacks but it's a work in progress.

Back