Archived Endcaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is responsible for the endcaps in your store? Tls or plano? Or others? Just curious because it varies drastically within our store group.

Plano in my ulv store. There is a document somewhere that spells it out who is to do what. Pretty sure plano is responsible for endcaps.

All i know is at the front end at my store, gsa's and gstls are responsible for checklane endcaps. At an a volume super, it can be a hassle getting that ish done while watching the checklanes at the same time.

Gstls/gsas do all front end in our store: endcaps, revisions, savor, dollar, inboards, coolers, and candy.. and push the trading card wall.. AND store wide gift card pogs/revisions.

We have a TM that sets them all for the whole store (sans checklane endcaps) but it's up to the area's leader to maintain them. If we're not getting enough product to make it look nice, I'll tear it down and put something else there or give it to a vendor.

At my store, setting salesplanners are the responsibility of ETL-SF, who passes it on to the hardlines team leader, who passes it onto the very small number of salesfloor team members who know how to set salesplanners.

PAs do the dairy, freezer, bunker end caps and the TLs always find a TM to do the dry grocery endcaps.

I know most of the stores around me delegate sales planners to TLs. Most stores around me also suck. We're lucky our PPTL is amazing because she takes on all sales planners like she's supposed to.

Generally, the POG team sets the majority of the ECs. MMB team member does Tune in Tues.

GSA/GSTL set the CL endcaps. Though I think MMB tm does the dvd CL endcaps.

I am a PA at my store and I am responsible for Mapping our End-Caps out in Dry/Coolers/Freezers, Also communicating to the vendors about what is setting that glorious week. As well as delegating what end caps are set each day by the opener and mid. I also set them myself.

After reading these I feel like I am getting the short end of the stick here..

ETL-GE/SF delegates it at my store.

POG, Flow, BR, Hardlines, CTL, or ETLs do it.

Typically our POG takes care of endcaps unless an ETL wants to push something, or for some reason we have too much of X and dont believe it will clearance soon, then it's filled at an endcap.

Though our flow team is really good about 2nd locations on endcaps. We wont usually have much backstock come back unless they had just untied an endcap or something.

SF TLs should just be doing sales planners when they have the time and can help the PPTL. It shouldn't their responsibility or one of their main priorities.

SF TLs should just be doing sales planners when they have the time and can help the PPTL. It shouldn't their responsibility or one of their main priorities.
Tell me about it. At my store, leadership places such a strong emphasis on metrics that completing salesplanners is the main priority of salesfloor team members outside of helping guests.

If the logistics team works together and supports each other within their workcenter, the PPTL should be able to handle all of his/her responsibilities (it also helps if you're not behind on trucks or anything lol). SF TLs need to be focused on refreshing POGS/4x4s (a general term meaning "FIX EVERYTHING.") Plus they need to keep their d-code out of the backroom, maintain their clearance, stay on top of sales reports, and keep those sales planners full as well. Lets just not add sales planners to the list.

In my store the SF TL and his team are responsible for all sales planners and the PPTL, who is frequently the opening or closing LOD all but one of his shifts per week, does what he can to help when he can. Our pog team simply isn't large enough to take care of the plano workload and do the sales planners as well.

If pog hours are low, however, those of us that can't/won't be shunted over to pricing will be scheduled to help.

Our pog team simply isn't large enough to take care of the plano workload and do the sales planners as well.
Sales planners are part of the Plano workload. And how many team members are on your pog team?

Sales planners are part of the Plano workload. And how many team members are on your pog team?

Salesplanners are not part of Planogram's workload. They attempted that and within 6 months of the official start date they had put out a front page headline re-stating that it was "TL of Area"'s responsibility to set. The only department that POG is officially responsible for endcaps is on the checklanes.

Sure if the POG team is being given the payroll to do them, that's great and POG teams should be able to do them no problem. Most of the times I am seeing PPTLs getting ~30-50 less hours than the adjacency calls for on the POG portion, not including the salesplan/adjacency hours.

As the saying goes though ASANTS, I just pull the info from workbench.

Salesplanners are not part of Planogram's workload. They attempted that and within 6 months of the official start date they had put out a front page headline re-stating that it was "TL of Area"'s responsibility to set. The only department that POG is officially responsible for endcaps is on the checklanes.
How positive are you about that quote? Was this a headline on workbench or just in your store? Did you read this yourself or were you relayed the message? Is it possible you misread it? I know the adjencies are supposed to be given to softlines and plano just oversees it. And I also know sales planners are the responsibility of the PPTL.

We have "three" POG team members, two almost exclusively POG when we have enough hours, and one, me, half POG half Pricing. Our PPTL might be able to pitch in once a week for an hour or so, but mostly has to do our pulls for us if anything. When we have enough hours to share around we occasionally have Flow team members or others who will help with our workload.

As far as I am aware there is no store in our district where the PTL/PPTL is responsible for salesplanners. It is always the SF TL or the TL for the area.

Furthermore, if our hardlines team wasn't given the hours for the salesplanners, they damn near wouldn't exist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back