Archived Equipment Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I couldn't remember the name of it.

@RunForACallBox, after you open the top and pull out the iPod, you'll see the sled's battery compartment. If I remember correctly, that's where the rattling part is.

I got your back.. I keep mine in my bag. My ETL knows I have one and he will sit with me if we need to crack one open.

My old ETL Log popped one open but it didn't open the part we needed. He used the T5 to open the whole thing and then the tip broke so the T5 tip is basically useless now.

My old ETL Log popped one open but it didn't open the part we needed. He used the T5 to open the whole thing and then the tip broke so the T5 tip is basically useless now.

Wrong driver and if you break it way to much force.

Wrong driver and if you break it way to much force.
Nvm, I popped it open this morning and the silver peice came out. Whether it will work now or not. It's in the charger ready to use so I guess we'll see.

The metal piece was shorting out my scanners in the past, or so I believe, as removing it didn't have me restarting them as much.
I was talking to one of the people from CSC on the phone and told them about the rattling and he was like, "eh it's fine, doesn't hurt anything". Ok, then why when one is rattling, it's worse than the rest? I still sent it off to be replaced.

I was talking to one of the people from CSC on the phone and told them about the rattling and he was like, "eh it's fine, doesn't hurt anything". Ok, then why when one is rattling, it's worse than the rest? I still sent it off to be replaced.
Is csc still an indian call center? They just go by a script and don't always know what going on. But if only anecdotal, removal of that shield bouncing around has fixed a number of my mydevices. Haven't noticed it being an issue as recently so it could have been just an old build.

Depends what time of day and how the stars align when you call. I often get Minneapolis or Arizona when I call. Coworkers often get India.
Super early before 6am often gets me Americans. Unless i really need one...

They're not going to terminate you for that. Only an STL can do that anyway. It's really not that big of a deal. Don't worry about it. If you are worried about it, go speak with your STL and tell him or her about your concerns. Beat thing to do in that situation is to ask questions and seem worried.

Is csc still an indian call center? They just go by a script and don't always know what going on. But if only anecdotal, removal of that shield bouncing around has fixed a number of my mydevices. Haven't noticed it being an issue as recently so it could have been just an old build.
The only time I get India is if the issue is escalated.

11/11 PDAs up and running. 16/17 myDevices working (17th myDevice in transit back to store from tech). Technically, we are supposed to have 12 PDAs but we have been running on 11 ever since the old models were phased out. Last year 2 seasonal D-bags 'lost' 2 myDevices and STL hasn't approved ordering 2 more yet o_O.

. Last year 2 seasonal D-bags 'lost' 2 myDevices and STL hasn't approved ordering 2 more yet o_O.
Seems like my former gstl who never saw the need to order red card terms and conditions brochure. The ETL ge sent an email about why we weren't getting red cards and what we can do to get more. When I replied order brochures he wakied me "asking" me to come to his office. And was ready to read me the riot act about misuse of company email to be a smartass but when I showed him 3 weeks worth of emails to the gstl stating we are out of them and that he and stl were ccd in them he got us a box from another store in a couple hours

Seems like my former gstl who never saw the need to order red card terms and conditions brochure. The ETL ge sent an email about why we weren't getting red cards and what we can do to get more. When I replied order brochures he wakied me "asking" me to come to his office. And was ready to read me the riot act about misuse of company email to be a smartass but when I showed him 3 weeks worth of emails to the gstl stating we are out of them and that he and stl were ccd in them he got us a box from another store in a couple hours
Wait...company email isn't to be used to be a smartass? Damnit.

My team lead will email me his expectations for the day and I'll email him a list of what got accomplished and other information. He actually really enjoys having email abilities with a team member. IMO is once you been with spot for a certain amount of time you should get access to email especially backroom and sales floor because we all know communication among leadership sucks
Wait...company email isn't to be used to be a smartass? Damnit.
I truly try not to be a smartass at work but it's how I make it through the day without giving people a punch in the face

11/11 PDAs up and running. 16/17 myDevices working (17th myDevice in transit back to store from tech). Technically, we are supposed to have 12 PDAs but we have been running on 11 ever since the old models were phased out. Last year 2 seasonal D-bags 'lost' 2 myDevices and STL hasn't approved ordering 2 more yet o_O.

DTL approves equipment orders. My stl told me to order some my devices on sap and following up our order was cancelled by the DTL.

Ever since we got PDAs specifically for flexible fulfillment we have been doing great. What kills us with mydevices is people letting the battery completely die then trying to put it on the charger thinking it will turn back on...

Last edited:
13/13 PDAs up, 15/19 myDevices up (better than what it was few days ago, 10/19 up. That was hell. They sent me myDevice that wouldn't even receive a charge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back