Archived ETL- Logistics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow that's really a shame for all those that have put in their time with the company and end up training their supervisor just because he/she has a degree. I appreciate all your responses. What can I do so that my TM and TL don't completely resent me when I get to my store? Obviously I will respect them, work along side them, etc..

Wow that's really a shame for all those that have put in their time with the company and end up training their supervisor just because he/she has a degree. I appreciate all your responses. What can I do so that my TM and TL don't completely resent me when I get to my store? Obviously I will respect them, work along side them, etc..

Sadly, most of them are used to the situation.
I'll say that your best bet is to stick with what you're saying and ...
Treating your people like they are worthy of your respect (until they prove otherwise), recognizing the good work they do, holding them to quality, protect them from the dreck that gets shoveled on them from above, over see them don't be an overseer, and most of all take care of yourself so you don't burn out to the point that you take it out on everyone around on you.

let them know first and foremost that you have their back, no matter what. explain decisions to them, and don't use THE VIBE as an example of how to talk to grown adults. (Apparently, although we manage to support ourselves, raise families, meet our goals, volunteer, and have characteristics appreciated by our teams, we have the brain power of a walnut.)

make sure they understand the business side of things. develop your team. never let them hear you talking smack about anyone else---tm, peers, or otherwise. also, part of that "got your back" mentality includes not talking badly about your team members to the other etls, including during meetings, at tsc, in the breakroom, in the parking lot, in the middle of the sahara. i am a firm believer that if you have a bad tm, its your own fault for not being the leader you need to be.

Let them train you, Give them the "power" they know they already have. Complete your training and do not use every opportunity to coach and correct(they will think you are just too new to see). Watch and identify issues. Stay on process and above all do not think you will be an STL in a year. Build your team with TRUST in you as a leader. Earn the respect of your team and do not go by everything your PDA/Workbench tells you.....Real world always wins!!!!

New to the breakroom and being an ETL-Logistics. It has been extremely helpful. Trying to remember where on workbench to find the size of the next days trailer. Any help appreciated.

Greetings and salutations Vb418683.
Welcome to the Breakroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back