Fall tm bonus

It’s 3% of your gross pay during a period of time that I can’t remember.
I know that this is the 1st year they are doing it for TM’s but where is it at that it shows it’s a percentage? I’m just wondering if that’s the case what it is for TL. It’s been $500 for the fall bonus for TL the last 2 years.

This is going to be so unfair for most. The TLs pets will probably get it.
I may sound very naive, but I would think it's more than one person who decides and that objective criteria would have to be included in the decision.

Dear Corporate, kudos for introducing bonuses for Level 35 hourly store level staff. It can be a great tool for motivating excellence and transforming Target's culture to include more promotion-from-within. Offering your best bonuses to the 20% TMs you see as the "rock stars" is a great way to build and retain future leaders.

In the future, take into consideration the benefit of offering a modest bonus for the other 80% of your TMs. If you want, you can exclude from the bonus TMs who are under disciplinary action, or who have been with Target for less than one year. This is not a matter of pushing an "equity" agenda that everybody deserves the same rewards because everyone is "equal". It's a shrewd business decision to reinforce the corporate belief in "team", "teamwork", "you make Target" and more importantly to retain the engagement of hard-working non-rock-stars who are dependable. I'm at a loss for words here, but many people who are hourly store TMs are in the early stages of their working lives. It's easy for them to find a better job and quit yours.

Dear Corporate, here's something else to think about,
Throughout the US, he retail industry is finding it incredibly hard to find employees to work in the stores, warehouses, distribution centers and related jobs. Your existing TMs are learning about this when they log in to Instagram, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, or other news sources. Your existing TMs are seeing other stores offering higher minimum pay than Target, along with signing bonuses, while at the same time our cost of living has risen a lot since the beginning of this year due to inflation. Those modest merit raises from early this year have already been wiped out. I've already seen TMs in our stores quit to take better-paying jobs in the same field with competitors.

Instead of focusing on a big one-size-fits-all increase in Target's company-wide minimum wage, why not offer your existing hourly TMs who have been at Target at least 6 months a one-time 5% pay bump, plus an extra 2% pay bump for TMs who've been with Target for over 2 years? In high-cost-of-living areas, you might even add an extra 2% for existing TMs. These would reduce attrition levels at a time when Target will benefit more than ever by developing its current workforce and keeping them from defecting to places like Amazon and Costco.

This is much shrewder than getting Target into a "price war" with Amazon, Walmart, Costco, Best Buy etc. for new employees. It fits into Target's commitment to more scheduling flexibility and its commitment to social justice. Your current staff are losing buying power, and it's going to accelerate people switching employers just to make ends meet. Think about it.

Lol if the TLs are even included in the decision making process. I sure was not, neither were a lot of my peers.
Ditto. The phrase "rock-star" is subjective. Overall, I think Target's handling of this well-publicized bonus has managed to antagonize a lot of current TMs. Perhaps this was the point but my better self thinks it was unintended.

Lol if the TLs are even included in the decision making process. I sure was not, neither were a lot of my peers.
The instructions were to have a TL meeting and nominate TMs for consideration. The ETLs and SD then take those, narrow it down to finalized decisions, and send them to district for validation.

My location and another one in my district did nominations with ranked choice voting, so basically people with more nominations from the TL team, or that were absolutely advocated for (ex. TL bench TMs, DBOs that consistently work at a DEO level, etc.) Were weighed more heavily.

Ditto. The phrase "rock-star" is subjective. Overall, I think Target's handling of this well-publicized bonus has managed to antagonize a lot of current TMs. Perhaps this was the point but my better self thinks it was unintended.
This makes no sense to me. People who perform at a consistent high level and have good attendance, metrics, etc deserve recognition. Something that is just for them, to acknowledge their hard work. The workforce as a whole has been thanked already with what, three bonuses in the past year+?

At my day job, the standard bonus target for non-management level employees is 2% (and has been since I started there almost 20 years ago), but that can fluctuate a bit based on how the company overall meets its targets and your annual review rating. This year we're on target for 125% bonus payout, maybe even higher.

So, if it's a 3% of gross bonus for low-level employees, that's not terrible, though it would be REALLY AWESOME if they varied it, at least a little, based on how your store has done vs. goal. If your store comes out 10% over goal, 3.1% seems to be pretty reasonable. ETA: This should also apply to leadership bonuses, as well (including reducing the bonus if the store isn't doing well, with extra weight to the +/- depending on how high up in the leadership chain you are).

The people who work hard at my store have been working their asses off since the pandemic started given how much more we're doing in sales & foot traffic & flex & extra freight and and and...

I hope I get it. No mention of it at my store and basically 80% have moved on lol. Plus I am a rock star! Has anyones store announced it?

While I would love to get one, I know that every area of our store has at least one "superstar" and it will be really hard for our leads/leaders to narrow it down. I'll be disappointed for myself, but happy that they get recognition. I hope that there is some good criteria and it is not a popularity contest.

Unfortunately our SD doesn’t appreciate the true performers that produce true results - the kiss ass friends are surely over protected though. Favoritism and unequal treatment is killing us cause the true hard workers that care are bailing and running away like rats off a sinking ship. It’s getting very hard to hang on.

This bonus should be a motivator but I am concerned it will be a divider and nail in the coffin for some others.

Unfortunately our SD doesn’t appreciate the true performers that produce true results - the kiss ass friends are surely over protected though. Favoritism and unequal treatment is killing us cause the true hard workers that care are bailing and running away like rats off a sinking ship. It’s getting very hard to hang on.

This bonus should be a motivator but I am concerned it will be a divider and nail in the coffin for some others.
Happens here too but the hard working tms are getting close to 40 hrs every time : all recognition and photo on the board usually goes to favorite people .

Back