Finally put my two weeks in...

So been at the store for 5+ years and I honestly wish I had left sooner. But I’ve seen so much change and learned so many new things and met new people at least. I got a new job that actually will help me with my actual career advancement, so happy to say Target is no longer going to stress me out position, pay, and hourly wise.

Last year so much changed when there was new management and unfortunately nothing has changed for me... womp womp I was still getting boring cashier shifts. The funny thing is at target there is not really room for “advancement” but guest service, OPU, and SCO, were definitely more exciting, and allowed for more movement and making the time go faster (in my personal experience). Cashier was just boring and blah. The same thing, every time. And it felt like they were scheduling me only cashier and lying to me about getting shifts anywhere else on purpose, so I could quit. (So good job target, the day is finally here lol.)

The worst part was that this year, they cut my hours severely, and I have no idea why. I literally put that I was available everyday, and I started getting scheduled one day a week, only 5 hours, cashier (same exact shift every week, same exact day, same exact time) talk about mundane and just plain horrible, I went broke for a while cuz I couldn’t pay my bills, and no one was offering up any cashier shifts. When I check Kronos for anything SCO, OPU, GS, what do you know, it was conveniently always rejected when sent to me, and my TL even one time assumed I wasn’t trained and didn’t approve it, (even though I told them, to which they replied that you have to basically be a service advocate, not checkout advocate, which is what I was on paper, even though I’m literally trained in everything) Smh.

So I’ve worked my new job already a few months and have been happy, it’s so much better, full time, benefits, and they gave me an amazing review unlike the review target gave me (even though I was literally never there except the one day a week, and I KNOW I definitely was not being watched or doing bad during those shifts to get a low review the way I did. They did me dirty smh) and after securing a spot for the coming year at this job, I am officially leaving target. The funny part is, after being neglected for so long, without any type of recognition or opportunity for “advancement” after putting my two weeks in they call me up offering SCO shifts all of a sudden. I’m not sure if it was a coincidence or not, but oh well. It would have been nice for them to have done this earlier but now it doesn’t matter lol.

Anyone have an experience like this while working at their store? Let me know, and if you have questions I’m curious to know and answer them.

Good Tarshit treats people like shit and wants to give no hours but wants you have open availability for when somebody doesn't show up. People's ass will be out on the street because Tarshit wants to give no hours. I am glad to see you tell them to take fucking hike and got a job that gives real hours.

Good Tarshit treats people like shit and wants to give no hours but wants you have open availability for when somebody doesn't show up. People's ass will be out on the street because Tarshit wants to give no hours. I am glad to see you tell them to take fucking hike and got a job that gives real hours.
Thanks lol. I’m happy too, I probably will miss the vibe I sometimes felt while working (shocker) and the few friends I made there, but it’ll be better once I’m gone. It really was starting to turn negative, and that’s how you know you’re at a place too long. Excited for the new chapter.

latest

Back