Archived fire exit in the electronics department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does your store have a fire exit in the electronics department? My store does. A shoplifter can grab some electronics and rush out that exit.

Best thing is honestly guest service and having TM's walk the area every so often. I tell my electronics team members to hang around the fire exit and spot zone things for like 5 minutes every hour or so. Not something I really enforce or expect, but it helps I think.

We have a fire exit by the fitting room. Most people push out through the main entrance. They panick when they realise they have to use the elevator or cart escalator to get the merchandise to the ground level, and many end up dumping their items.

There is a store in my district that has cosmetics and electronics at the front.

Lol at that stores ETL AP ditching their store and coming to ours.

My old store was under an office building and had an exit in the back with no registers or people guarding it besides the useless magnetic detectors. People would walk right out that all the time.

We had both fire exit and front door push out. Sadly it doesn't matter because our electronic department is in the front of the store.

Front of the store electronics? That's interesting. All the Target stores I've been to have had electronics in the back of the store. My store has the back room on the side of the store, and fire exits on the back wall. One of the fire exits is in electronics, just past the TV wall.

Front of the store electronics? That's interesting. All the Target stores I've been to have had electronics in the back of the store. My store has the back room on the side of the store, and fire exits on the back wall. One of the fire exits is in electronics, just past the TV wall.
Most former greatland stores have electronics at the front of the store.

Electronics has a fire exit, it's not really to close to the BOAT but it's right by the video games. Had two or three people bust out that door. Men's (next to electronics) also has a fire exit

It's a lot more complicated when your store is part of a mall or has multiple exits

We have one kind of near the electronics department, but it's a delayed exit so you'd have to set off the alarm and then stand there for 15(?) seconds until the door unlocks.

Oh god.......

Having ours in D with an exit by seasonal is bad enough. That ones scary to think about.

Well we do have them chained down with spider wraps now, but it took over 10 of them walking out that fire exit to allow us to chain them down. It wasn't uncommon to hear that alarm go off and the door be standing wide open..

Unfortunately with fire exits there is almost nothing you can do AP wise.

If it happens enough APBP will approve a outdoor PTZ and outdoor IP shot for the door until they catch who did it. A store in my district had 3 pushouts from the back fire exit in one week, lost about 7 or 8k. It just kept happening and PD couldn't get there fast enough, plus almost no way to ID the subjects. They added the cameras and caught the guys on the next incident.

I'm sure they had to send the cameras back immediately though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back