Question about supplies, especially for leaders who actually order SFS supplies on SAP:

If you put an order through for, say bubble wrap and you order the maximum amount, if you create an additional order for it will it overwrite the first one? (Assume they’re within the same cutoff period.)

I’ve heard that that happens with other store supplies: a duplicate order will auto-cancel the original. Is SFS different?

I've never had any of my orders get cancelled out due to a duplicate. After Cyber Monday I max ordered air pillows and a couple other things twice and received everything the next week. That could have just been something from how crazy orders were that week though. If there is a supply you really need, I'd say try ordering it more than once and see what comes or have someone else order the second sets. I have noticed for some items like bubble wrap that aren't SFS only items, sometimes the extra order doesn't come until regular allies are delivered via RDC.

Anyone around that I can PM vent to a little? And maybe get some advice from.
PM me any time, I vent in PMs pretty often.
I really wish that the "can't ship this" button in Pack and Ship alerted someone when we have to cancel things for not fitting in boxes. Like that ladder or the H&H aluminum christmas tree skirt you couldn't ship if it was taken out of the box it came in.
I used to call the CSC every time I got something stupid like that, and they would usually tell me to just cancel it and use the doesn't fit reason. One time I had someone tell me I had to research the item to zero in order to stop getting orders for it, and that I should do that for every item I have that problem with. He eventually hung up on me when I started arguing and tried explaining how the replenishment and inventory processes work...

I'll admit I've sent a garden shovel with just shrink wrap before...I didn't know what else to use. I don't think I would have shipped that without a box of some kind though.

Question about supplies, especially for leaders who actually order SFS supplies on SAP:

If you put an order through for, say bubble wrap and you order the maximum amount, if you create an additional order for it will it overwrite the first one? (Assume they’re within the same cutoff period.)

I’ve heard that that happens with other store supplies: a duplicate order will auto-cancel the original. Is SFS different?
No, it creates another PO for it and you'll get both. I received 12 rolls of bubble wrap this week and 28 cases of air pillows last week.

I have noticed for some items like bubble wrap that aren't SFS only items, sometimes the extra order doesn't come until regular allies are delivered via RDC.
It depends on the supplier. Most SFS supplies come through Shorr, which is doing DSD shipments for the peak season. Some things come through Bunzl, which is still sending orders through the DC.

Anyone ever called CSC to see if there's possible resolutions to people abusing OPU? Getting annoyed doing 50+ RTS daily.

At least it's not drive up.
View attachment 4352
Yeah if you do that at my store you're getting case packs...

14-24x36 poster frames all separate orders for the same person.. 1 frame for each order.. WTF? So much packaging I hope she can't get them all in the house..
It was probably the same order. The system automatically splits orders if it knows it won't all fit in the same box. You can look at the order number at the top of the collate to confirm.

The poor team member who had to pick it, running back and forth from our receiving stockroom back to the service desk since you can't do more than 10 eaches in a Pickup batch now.
Lol wait so it splits the batches even if it's the same order? That's bs...

Lol wait so it splits the batches even if it's the same order? That's bs...
Especially when it doesn't do that in SFS batches- it has no problem giving me 40-50 tasks in a batch if the order sizes are awkward. Different logic in the same app... can we apply that to Move preferring pulling casepacks to pulling from wacos too?

I can't even believe that the corporate 'fix' for the "Pull 12 from BRLoc but i really only need 1 for the order" issue is to make all your 6 foot and lower locations open stock. I really don't want to fuck up my RFApps/Move pulls & my BRLA even more by turning my casepacks into open stock.
My store started throwing it all on pull carts if any are available, and backstock carts if there's no pulls. It just pisses me off having to make a trip to the baler because I had to break down so many casepacks. I wanted to scream today when it had me open all of the casepacks of PS4s from the high steel in various batches, and just take one out of each... meanwhile the ones I backstocked earlier are all sitting on the lower shelves.

Move really just needs a "Location Too Inconvenient" button.

Move really just needs a "Location Too Inconvenient" button.
This!!!

Please don't make me break open a pallet sized shipper from the upper steel with 10 different items inside it just for a single item that has plenty in stock on the floor.

On a related note, fuck you to whoever sent us the series of Mattel shippers that don't seem to have a pog number attached. A vendor came and set them up on the floor but they aren't tied to anything...

Does anybody else do this or is it only me?
An OPU drops with 1(2) or any small amount, and both items are in the same letter block, do you guys pick off the floor instead of going to the backroom when it tells you to pick from there when you’re on the salesfloor?
Half the time I’ve been doing OPU, it tells me grab 1 from backroom and 1 from salesfloor when they are in the same aisle on the salesfloor. I create the backroom label with a barcode generator off of my phone then “stow” the item back into its location.

This!!!

Please don't make me break open a pallet sized shipper from the upper steel with 10 different items inside it just for a single item that has plenty in stock on the floor.
I often wonder what corporate thinks the SFS process is actually like in the stores. Do they really think that we aren't going to fake taking from the steel and actually just take from the floor and stow back to the steel? Or, more realistically, just stare up at the item for a while then INF it? \

All evidence I've ever seen points to them having a vague grasp on what we actually do (ie, saying to put things aside for backstock when there's never any BRTMs, not having any way of being notified for rush orders but expecting us to see them instantly, etc.).

Does anybody else do this or is it only me?
An OPU drops with 1(2) or any small amount, and both items are in the same letter block, do you guys pick off the floor instead of going to the backroom when it tells you to pick from there when you’re on the salesfloor?
Half the time I’ve been doing OPU, it tells me grab 1 from backroom and 1 from salesfloor when they are in the same aisle on the salesfloor. I create the backroom label with a barcode generator off of my phone then “stow” the item back into its location.
I always look at my batch first by tapping on the "X of Y tasks completed" bar so I can skip around when the pathing sucks, I usually start my batches from the backroom anyway so I just try to grab from where it says... unless it's terminally inconvenient.

I often wonder what corporate thinks the SFS process is actually like in the stores. Do they really think that we aren't going to fake taking from the steel and actually just take from the floor and stow back to the steel? Or, more realistically, just stare up at the item for a while then INF it? \

All evidence I've ever seen points to them having a vague grasp on what we actually do (ie, saying to put things aside for backstock when there's never any BRTMs, not having any way of being notified for rush orders but expecting us to see them instantly, etc.).
There are even a couple of members on here who work for corporate and occasionally ask for feedback, but I've repeatedly asked about important features like automatically zeroing out the OHs of cancelled items, and never received a proper answer. Yet they have time to invent solutions to problems that never existed in the first place, like taking away the ability to skip BR locations or back out after accidentally scanning something (like an empty shoe box or damaged item).

The "set aside for backstock" message has been especially irritating. Stores were supposed to be going E2E, meaning there is no backroom team! Who's going to backstock it??

There are even a couple of members on here who work for corporate and occasionally ask for feedback, but I've repeatedly asked about important features like automatically zeroing out the OHs of cancelled items, and never received a proper answer. Yet they have time to invent solutions to problems that never existed in the first place, like taking away the ability to skip BR locations or back out after accidentally scanning something (like an empty shoe box or damaged item).

The "set aside for backstock" message has been especially irritating. Stores were supposed to be going E2E, meaning there is no backroom team! Who's going to backstock it??
I don't think that'll happen, just because so many stores have been INFing things if they can't immediately find it, it'd really fuck up on hands at a lot of stores. I don't necessarily blame the developers for that, I suspect that the people who make decisions about SFS don't understand what we actually do and how limiting Move and Pack and Ship are. Why the hell isn't there any way to reprint collates without knowing the collate number in Pack and Ship? If Manhattan can show me orders when I scan an item and let me reprint a collate that way, why can't Pack and Ship? Why wasn't Order Inquiry from myFA implemented on Zebras at all?

Also, I just realized how much I'd love a laptop or computer in our SFS work area so I could use Manhattan without running to receiving or TSC.

I don't think that'll happen, just because so many stores have been INFing things if they can't immediately find it, it'd really fuck up on hands at a lot of stores. I don't necessarily blame the developers for that, I suspect that the people who make decisions about SFS don't understand what we actually do and how limiting Move and Pack and Ship are.
People already shouldn't be cancelling stuff without really looking for it, and they raised the bar required to be green on INF to show it. Now it's time for real consequences to further push everyone to not cancel stuff unless it really can't be found.

An SFS TM should be doing a far better job at looking for an item than a random TM doing instocks who is only going to give a quick glance at the location for an item before zeroing it out. SFS will come to that same item, then look at surrounding shelves, check the last received/pulled dates, check the reshop, check the backroom, look for unlocated shippers, etc.

People already shouldn't be cancelling stuff without really looking for it, and they raised the bar required to be green on INF to show it. Now it's time for real consequences to further push everyone to not cancel stuff unless it really can't be found.

An SFS TM should be doing a far better job at looking for an item than a random TM doing instocks who is only going to give a quick glance at the location for an item before zeroing it out. SFS will come to that same item, then look at surrounding shelves, check the last received/pulled dates, check the reshop, check the backroom, look for unlocated shippers, etc.
I can't imagine my store having time to look that closely at each INF. Even with RFID, we have a lot we can't find, and there's always so many pull carts we don't have time to tear all of them apart- we look at INF as giving it our best try to find the item within reason. We already have enough of a hard time making the deadlines as it is- it's like, we can either be green on INF, be green on pick/pack deadlines, or have everything actually packed for UPS on time (rather than just scanning out and throwing it in repacks to pack after the deadline), but not all three- maybe two on a good day. SFS at my store is a mess.

Yeah but unless you INF an item immediately upon finding the shelf location empty, you are still giving a more thorough look than the person doing the research task list.

And 4th quarter is going to be a shitshow With backstock no matter what. It's how it's handled the rest of the year that makes a difference.

Always open the shoe box - always scan the item never the shelf or shoe box.

I have found with these stupid elf on the shelf it wants us to pull the cases when we have an entire casepack shelf full of open stock. I pull the cases pack location then flip to mywork and "take" the one it actually wants from open stock and restow the case. Thankfully they are right above each other.

I am finding that I am having to do this more and more, it also helps later when all the cases get pulled for hot items cause we have had some wild goose chases for stuff. I think it helps to keep track of stuff even if I am cheating the system.

And yes I have had to pull from the floor cause I can't access say a bulk location in the steel, scan the steel loc, see what it wants take it off the floor, flip to mywork request to a fill for the amount it needs so that will fill the floor, and then stow the SFS pulled amount back to the steel so it ends up even.

God I hope this works like I think it should.

Last edited:
I always look at my batch first by tapping on the "X of Y tasks completed" bar so I can skip around when the pathing sucks, I usually start my batches from the backroom anyway so I just try to grab from where it says... unless it's terminally inconvenient.
Walking from the one corner of the salesfloor to the complete other corner in the backroom while the actual aisle is one letter block away. It allows me more time on my ship from store batch.

My store is getting more “aggressive” with INF’s but really it’s being lazy and surprisingly our STL gave this directive. We don’t be thorough with checking possible location which lowers the INF score. We boosted from top 3 best INF score to the 2nd worst INF score.
Go Leadership!!!

Back