I just don’t know how we are going to be able to sort on time. Everyday last week we have had to stage carts to meet pack on time.

Are any other stores having problems with OPU orders showing up as a paused cart after you locate the order at guest service. We have to reset the cart and repick and relocate the order. Some times it doesn't work the second time and we repeat the process a third time.

Are any other stores having problems with OPU orders showing up as a paused cart after you locate the order at guest service. We have to reset the cart and repick and relocate the order. Some times it doesn't work the second time and we repeat the process a third time.

We are having an issue of locked carts but it only ever seems to happen to the person who closes. The rest of us don't seem to have that issue. We can pick to the same cart for an eight hour shift without issue..

Carts should always be resumable by the same TM # and myDevice that were last in it, regardless if other devices are having issues.
Even if it’s the same TM #/MyDevice, it still sometimes bug out. It probably happens once or twice on a daily basis. Once it does happen, we have to let the TL/ETL know so nobody gets murdered for a miss goal that’s out of our hands.

There's also a Drive Up problem. Everything can be done on time and sometimes the system will not acknowledge it. The pick will stay pending until the guest actually shows up and the order is completed. Other orders will be processed in the mean time just fine, but the one order will stay pending and show up as a missed goal time. Doesn't happen often. Maybe once a week. Kind of tired of explaining it to my STL everytime it does happen.

I'm flow but for some reason they have me scheduled for flexible fulfillment next week. No one has ever talked to me about it and I've never done it before so I'm not quite sure what to expect or the slightest idea what to do.

I know all areas of hardlines and the backroom but nothing about softlines. What do you do if someone orders something but it's not where it should be or in the backroom? Today as an example I had a guest in HBA who was looking for orajel. None on the shelf, none in the backroom. MyDevice says we have six on hand and we got them 3 days ago. I had to cut open 39 HBA repacks to find where they were. Once I got them and back to the sales floor the guest was gone.

I'm flow but for some reason they have me scheduled for flexible fulfillment next week. No one has ever talked to me about it and I've never done it before so I'm not quite sure what to expect or the slightest idea what to do.

I know all areas of hardlines and the backroom but nothing about softlines. What do you do if someone orders something but it's not where it should be or in the backroom? Today as an example I had a guest in HBA who was looking for orajel. None on the shelf, none in the backroom. MyDevice says we have six on hand and we got them 3 days ago. I had to cut open 39 HBA repacks to find where they were. Once I got them and back to the sales floor the guest was gone.
You hope to God that the thing is RFID enabled. The RFID will be your best friend when you’re doing picks. If your store is anything like my store, you’re going to be checking a lot of places for SL; the floor, go backs, the breakout, the SL aisles in the BR, and the hanging racks back there too. How do you do with stress and strict deadlines? Because FF has plenty of both.

What do you do if someone orders something but it's not where it should be or in the backroom? Today as an example

Click through on MyWork to the details page. Look at the data. All of the numbers of how many on the floor, how many in the back, how many on hand, when it was auto pulled, when it was delivered, when it was audited, and when it was last sold is going to give you most of what you need to know. Learn how to interpret that data and keep a very close eye on what's going on in the store. That'll help you figure out where to look.

You also need to be able to think like the absolute dumbest TM in the store. Item not where's it's supposed to be? Well, where would a dumbass not paying attention put it? If the area has undergone a transition, check where the item used to go. Otherwise, check were similar items might be stocked.

You'll get the hang of it. The job isn't hard if you use the tools at your disposal. (Also, spend any downtime auditing outs. Stops people from ordering shit that you don't have or can't find.)

been having this for a week now a few times a day. calling 701 on the zebra phone is only way I have got it fixed

So which is going to be worse, a higher INF% or things not done on time? With the condition of both our Salesfloor and backrooms, they aren’t going to be able to have it both ways.

And I thought I read on here somewhere that OPU time is going down to 15 minutes, is that true?
Not being done in 30 min hits metrics harder they tell me to inf if I am going to miss time
I however think we should put finding something more important since the guest is told 2 hours

Carts should always be resumable by the same TM # and myDevice that were last in it, regardless if other devices are having issues.

Problem is that he is leaving carts with orders to pick as the closer and the opener aka Me, can't get in the cart and finish the batch. And it seems he is the only one who leaves carts like that. And since I am the only one there until my lunch with no break coverage picking both OPU and SFS I don't have time to sit on the phone to open those carts up. Guests are getting pissed cause they are calling and asking where their order is.

We think he is just up and walking off when its time to go home finished or not so things are locking up cause it sits so long.

Not when you get ePick-10008.

When you get the ePick-10008 error you have to reset the cart. On the main epick app screen tap the little person in top left corner then tap reset cart. Any orders that were not completed or started in the frozen cart will drop back into the orders to be picked for today. When you pack the previously frozen cart there will most likely be leftover items that belong to the partially picked order that was in the process of being picked when the ePick-10008 error occurred. So whoever is picking the next batch that contains the purged order from the frozen cart will likely need those leftover items.

I'm not seeing why backstocking a partial is so hard? My girls scan the bkroom location, pull however many it calls for, then flip screens to my work bkstock it, flip screens agaib and take the 2 or 4 or whatever it asked for to the cart. I get it's a pain to move a tub, 2 uboats and a pallet out of the way to get down an aisle. I can totally agree with that part being infuriating. But the actual backstocking part is 30 seconds and you don't even have to get off the ladder to do it if you are on one.

I'm not seeing why backstocking a partial is so hard? My girls scan the bkroom location, pull however many it calls for, then flip screens to my work bkstock it, flip screens agaib and take the 2 or 4 or whatever it asked for to the cart. I get it's a pain to move a tub, 2 uboats and a pallet out of the way to get down an aisle. I can totally agree with that part being infuriating. But the actual backstocking part is 30 seconds and you don't even have to get off the ladder to do it if you are on one.

Are all stores not on the update where you don't even have to switch to MyWork anymore? A few weeks back, our epick app started prompting the picker to backstock the remaining items immediately after picking a casepack.

I assumed that happened to all stores, but reading that some stores can reset their own 10008 errors makes me wonder.

It's not that backstocking is difficult. It's that it can take up time that you don't have. If there are just one or two items leftover, then sure that's not a problem. But, some casepacks are large and you just need one item for an OPU. If you have a OPU for a bunch of groceries and have to pull 3-5 casepacks for one item each, there really isn't time to backstock everything properly. Finding available open stock locations without similar looking items and stowing everything in neatly for that many items just isn't happening in a market backroom aisle. Do, you want the OPU TM to do a half-ass job of it right then or do you the TM to skip it and come back to it later when they don't have a deadline to meet? My market TMs would prefer the latter so I don't mess up their shit.

And, you do need to get off the ladder to do it. You can't just shove the casepack back into its closed stock location. First, you need to get off the ladder to scan the needed items into your cart. Then, follow the prompt to backstock the rest in open stock.

It's not that backstocking is difficult. It's that it can take up time that you don't have. If there are just one or two items leftover, then sure that's not a problem. But, some casepacks are large and you just need one item for an OPU. If you have a OPU for a bunch of groceries and have to pull 3-5 casepacks for one item each, there really isn't time to backstock everything properly. Finding available open stock locations without similar looking items and stowing everything in neatly for that many items just isn't happening in a market backroom aisle. Do, you want the OPU TM to do a half-ass job of it right then or do you the TM to skip it and come back to it later when they don't have a deadline to meet? My market TMs would prefer the latter so I don't mess up their shit.

And, you do need to get off the ladder to do it. You can't just shove the casepack back into its closed stock location. First, you need to get off the ladder to scan the needed items into your cart. Then, follow the prompt to backstock the rest in open stock.

Hand key that cart location and you don't have to get off the ladder.. Not always possible with the item you are pulling but when you can it saves the steps.

We just carry a marker for the big items and change the count on the front of the box if we are only taking one or two and it's big items. We hand key it in or leave it in location, scan to the cart, and then rescan bkrm location.

We just carry a marker for the big items and change the count on the front of the box if we are only taking one or two and it's big items. We hand key it in or leave it in location, scan to the cart, and then rescan bkrm location.

Then you aren't following best practice. Your way of "cheating" is just different than mine.

Then you aren't following best practice. Your way of "cheating" is just different than mine.

Neither are you. It's efficient, boxes are clearly marked with the new count and my girls don't decrease salesfloor accuracy by pulling from the floor and causing someone else to have to fix it later. Every store has it's own way of getting the job done with understaffing, no payroll and management freaking out about missed goals. Until someone from corporate actually comes in and tries to do the job we all do daily and sees reality (which will never happen) we will keep finding ways to get it done without killing our TMs.

Back