It goes in a random order, and usually it's the most inconvenient random order, too.
I can see that being annoying. I like the new system because it basically eliminated having to hunt down "missed carts" at the end of the day because someone didn't see that pair of earings, or didn't know there was a ship alone off the cart scanned to location 18. The process is definitely more streamlined overall, albeit a bit more inconvenient for an individual team member.

I can see that being annoying. I like the new system because it basically eliminated having to hunt down "missed carts" at the end of the day because someone didn't see that pair of earings, or didn't know there was a ship alone off the cart scanned to location 18. The process is definitely more streamlined overall, albeit a bit more inconvenient for an individual team member.
After I scanned through the sub-carts I I scanned the main cart to make sure the cart was clear. We didn’t have the missed sub-cart issue.

A lot of us don't have multiple TMs who can jump into opu. Having the option is one thing, but forcing multiple batches that all have to be done in 30min could cause more issues than it would solve. If someone is the only person on hand who works orders, they will have to run around twice as much just to finish the same amount of items as before.

Couldnt we just institute a "split batch" option for larger orders instead? Let different store formats with more or less fulfillment TMs do what works for them best.

Yep, as a ULV store picker but one who occasionally gets swamped, it just doesn't seem like it'll help my store, but hurt it. If you can select multiples, that will help, though, that offsets my worries a bit!

I definitely won't miss that, either! I do like that we once again know when a cart is finished because it asks for you to scan a new parent cart. I guess I just wish you could have that while also picking your subcarts.

After I scanned through the sub-carts I I scanned the main cart to make sure the cart was clear. We didn’t have the missed sub-cart issue.
We had a problem with some of our older team members. A lot of people don't work well with change, and they'd forget to scan the parent cart before pushing the supposedly empty cart aside. As soon as the ability to batch through the parent cart dropped, I started doing it immediately. So I didn't even realize the ability to scan sub carts was removed tbh.

Also do we get a timer or time stamp so we know what order or priority. I hate when I’m in a batch of orders and one is about to go over but I can’t put in to hold because I’m stuck on another order it batches together.
I think this would be incredibly beneficial to stores that have a single person designated for OPU.

Also on May 15th (for the chain) we are implementing something called cart cubing for SFS batches. We will be eliminating the cap of 30 that's currently in place for number of eaches in a batch and basing our logic on how many orders can fit into the carts based on their cubic dimensions. It's the same service we use to determine what box to use for packing. ePick will now suggest a subcart to put your order into in the cart for every item based on its cubic dimensions. If anything is suggesting a location where the product doesn't physically fit please let us know via mySupport. It's dimensions are likely wrongly set up. Also, if you have carts that are overflowing because of this we want to know. The goal here is to reduce footsteps overall and be more efficient in picking.

To bad all stores don't have the same boxes. And the system fucking sucks at picking what boxes things need. The number of times it tells me a t-shirt needs a 278 box is out of hand. They can't even get capacities in the right atmosphere when sending pogs what chance is this going to be anywhere close? I give it almost zero. Sorry my confidence is gone when it comes to how corporate plans things out.

To bad all stores don't have the same boxes. And the system fucking sucks at picking what boxes things need. The number of times it tells me a t-shirt needs a 278 box is out of hand. They can't even get capacities in the right atmosphere when sending pogs what chance is this going to be anywhere close? I give it almost zero. Sorry my confidence is gone when it comes to how corporate plans things out.
I'm surprised none of my seasonals shipped any shirts out when they came out as SIOC lol

If in a box then slipped in a bag, I have gotten shoes from Amazon that way so not unheard of, but without a box yeah no..
Without a box. Sneakers would arrive in one piece I’m sure, but those thin $3 dollar sandals? Nahhhhhhhh.

Last edited:
@mobilelady Thanks for all the info you've been posting here. I'm glad you give us a bit of a "heads-up". Although, pretty much everything you've mentioned as being added seems like it's going to hurt SFS and OPU. I guess time will tell.

The mapping tool seems pretty pointless unless you are a new team member learning the lay of the land. I wonder how some of the "updates" get priority over others? Why build a map that shows your path, but not allow users to create a custom route?

not allow users to create a custom route?
I'd settle for the ability to open the task list and tap an item to go there. If repathing entirely isnt something they're thinking of allowing, that at least would save time on skipping through everything to reach a specific item. Spending a solid minute going skipskipskip gets annoying fast.

And I know some people use the workaround of checking dcpis and scanning the items later, but realistically that still can waste time with bouncing between mywork and epick to make sure you've got the right thing.

Another small thing. Lets say you're on the floor and you find an item you need 2 of, but theres only 1 there. Instead of auto INFing the 1 other item when you scan in the one you found, send it back individually into our batch so we can hunt it down on zracks or breakouts in the back using the RFID gun.

Another small thing. Lets say you're on the floor and you find an item you need 2 of, but theres only 1 there. Instead of auto INFing the 1 other item when you scan in the one you found, send it back individually into our batch so we can hunt it down on zracks or breakouts in the back using the RFID gun.

Also wouldnt mind the page we used to have on the PDAs where we could verify our INFs at the end or still scan them in if we managed to come across them at some point.

I HATE that. Then I really have to uproot my pick to find the second item or force close the app so it won’t think I picked it & skip it.

The IDEAL changes I think that could occur to ePick or Pack and Ship 2.0 to improve functionality:

-ePick
Map Pathing Implementation
OPU Batch 7 DCPI limit
Ability to select multiple OPU batches
OPU batches display start time and are ordered by priority
Batches determined by Cubic Dimensions the cart can hold, not eaches
Finding one of an item on the floor when ePick wants two should not auto INF the 2nd item
Ability to see if a paused cart/active cart is working on todays picks or tomorrows picks
Ability to jump to an item from the batch item list by clicking it

I'm not sure if its possible, but is there any way to adjust the RFID gun in such a way that it can search for multiple items at once? Maybe a button or setting to select "all in batch" so if you're sitting at 8 or so unlocated softline items, it will beep if any of those items are picked up by the RFID gun. Like I'm imaging in an ideal situation we could hunt down multiple items in a department and scan the barcode with the RFID gun to remove it from the list of items its looking for, with the Zebra device displaying whatever item its getting the "most" responses from (aka the closest of the items its hunting down).

Map pathing is a good idea. Come fourth quarter, it will improve pick speeds for new hires significantly. Not really too useful for a fully trained Flex TMs but none the less a good teaching tool for TMs unfamiliar with the stores layout. OPU batching limited to 7 DCPIs but with the added functionality of being able to take multiple batches at once is a good change as it adds the ability to split batches among multiple people for times sake OR have a single person do it if necessary. Sorting carts by cubic dimensions is good on paper but in practice I imagine there will be a lot of trial and error/reporting incorrect dimensions before its fully functional. Still think its better then the system we have in place now though and is the direction we need to go in moving forward. Overall, I'm excited for the changes we do have coming in the future.

Back