My store has officially given up on goal times. SETL pulled me aside this morning and said, "Fuck it. Don't worry about goal times. Just fulfill the orders as they come. Try to find stuff. I don't care how long it takes. Pretend goal times don't exist. It makes no difference to me if you are at 90% or 10%. Shoot for 10 if you're using the time to find things."

Made for a nice day all things considered. Just went into zen mode and looked for crap. Even helped some guests along the way.

Yep what I did today, I walked into 85 OPU picks by myself at 6am was alone until 10am so goal times? What fucking goal times??????? And it did not really slow down much..

Yep what I did today, I walked into 85 OPU picks by myself at 6am was alone until 10am so goal times? What fucking goal times??????? And it did not really slow down much..

I hear ya. I came at 7:30 to 68(97) in the queue. Orders kept dropping steadily for the next hour or so. I got a lull and managed to clear the queue about 10:30. Units picked were already over 200 at that point. Then, shit really got bad. As is the case everyday, I was alone all day. Fuck school supplies.

I guess they've finally caught on that we were picking the newest OPUs first so that fewer of them hit goal time, lol.

How do you know which OPU came in first? My store isn’t sure if it’s top to bottom or not.
It appears to be the bottom one. We've watched and the names at the bottom tend to be the "new" ones we didn't see before.

TL just showed this to me

I have no words. On one hand, i understand.

On the other hand, do we really need more scans?

View attachment 8400

Cause we bitch so much about the wrong box size, I have feeling guests complain as well, so we get to do the work of telling them what fits into what. Instead of what they think fits. And probably cost controls. Either way we are just going to slow down even more.

I don't really care what box they tell me, I put the items in the box that fits accordingly. I always try to ship it in the smallest box possible without damaging or crushing the items. How about corporate giving us more box choices, smaller ones for flat items. I hate using a 438 to ship a binder. That is wasteful. Today I had to ship a shower rack that hangs from the shower head, the metal one. It wanted me to ship it in a 330. A bag! Corporate needs to get their head out of their ass, leave us alone to do our jobs efficiently. This is going to really grind us to a halt 4th quarter. And I would really like to know, will they know if I tell them I am using their box size, and then put it into a different one? Will they not allow us to order a certain size box if they think we should have plenty? This is insane.

Where was this communication about scanning boxes and giving reasons? I want a good laugh.
It was in the August addendum and in the Fulfillment section of MyDay. The TL or ETL should inform the team but, at least in my store, fail at communicating anything.

TL just showed this to me

I have no words. On one hand, i understand.

On the other hand, do we really need more scans?

View attachment 8400
I hope these are generic barcodes and not unique barcodes for each box. Right before this announcement, we had 15 pallets of boxes delivered to us and none had barcodes. We probably won’t use all our supplies before the rollout so good luck to us.

A box scan sheet like someone else said would help elevate the issue. Only if it’s generic barcodes.

Last edited:
It was in the August addendum and in the Fulfillment section of MyDay. The TL or ETL should inform the team but, at least in my store, fail at communicating anything. It’s a find out in

I hope these are generic barcodes and not unique barcodes for each box. Right before this announcement, we had 15 pallets of boxes delivered to us and none had barcodes. We probably won’t use all our supplies before the rollout so good luck to us.

A box scan sheet like someone else said would help elevate the issue. Only if it’s generic barcodes.
They’re generic so I’m making a sheet for my team once I have all the sizes because there is no way I’m recycling all my current boxes

They’re generic so I’m making a sheet for my team once I have all the sizes because there is no way I’m recycling all my current boxes
Ditto. Except, I'm worried corporate will use this to track inventory and we could later run into issues of "you should've been out of this box a month ago" or "you dont need this box, the system says you still have a pallet". I kinda doubt theyll bother to be so detailed but why else the barcodes? It doesnt add anything to our "efficiency" or whatever. Or, I dont see how it does.

I assume you can override. In which case this override would be captured to help make the next time that item is ordered, it thinks slightly differently about which box it should recommend.
The August addendum says we can change to the correct box size. It’ll ask why after we scan the new box. It’s suppose to fix the box code the collates recommend.

I think it’s so Target knows when we actually packed it instead of scanning the collate and saying it’s “packed.”

I don't really care what box they tell me, I put the items in the box that fits accordingly. I always try to ship it in the smallest box possible without damaging or crushing the items. How about corporate giving us more box choices, smaller ones for flat items. I hate using a 438 to ship a binder. That is wasteful. Today I had to ship a shower rack that hangs from the shower head, the metal one. It wanted me to ship it in a 330. A bag! Corporate needs to get their head out of their ass, leave us alone to do our jobs efficiently. This is going to really grind us to a halt 4th quarter. And I would really like to know, will they know if I tell them I am using their box size, and then put it into a different one? Will they not allow us to order a certain size box if they think we should have plenty? This is insane.

For binders folders and paper we just stack two 413's. You can put the binders in then cap it with the other box yeah you use two boxes but still its a smaller package and less air speed in the box.

Why is my picked on time dropping? There's no orders wtf

Did you miss goals earlier? There is a delay in updating picked on time. Total units and INF% calculate instantly now, but picked on time can take awhile to update correctly. Typically, not THAT long though. Maybe a half hour later at most.

I assume you can override. In which case this override would be captured to help make the next time that item is ordered, it thinks slightly differently about which box it should recommend.
IIRC, the data from Prep was supposed to be used to help the system know what needs to be prepped, and that doesn't seem to have ever happened, so even if that's the intention I wouldn't get my hopes up about it ever happening.

It blows my mind because we can see all these different Target branded box sizes coming in for STS like 420 and 285, but we can’t order those because it’s not approved. 420 seems like the perfect inbetween size for stuff like the binders.

IIRC, the data from Prep was supposed to be used to help the system know what needs to be prepped, and that doesn't seem to have ever happened, so even if that's the intention I wouldn't get my hopes up about it ever happening.

As much as I complain about being micromanaged by all these apps, I do wish prep was more guided. I prep stuff others don't and probably vice versa.

For binders folders and paper we just stack two 413's. You can put the binders in then cap it with the other box yeah you use two boxes but still its a smaller package and less air speed in the box.

I just reuse some boxes that come off the truck, if I come across any good ones.

I try to avoid double-boxing anything thats not a 277/278. It tends to have stacking problems and gets snagged on a moving pallet. Our backroom has obstacles.

A box is a box, and its saved our butts a few times in Q4. There were times supplies arrived late.

But 438 is the love child from 439 and 454
438 is too tall for some stuff that is wide but not in height. My old store still had some when I went back for a day and I almost flipped out because I hadn’t seen them in years.

I just reuse some boxes that come off the truck, if I come across any good ones.

I try to avoid double-boxing anything thats not a 277/278. It tends to have stacking problems and gets snagged on a moving pallet. Our backroom has obstacles.

A box is a box, and its saved our butts a few times in Q4. There were times supplies arrived late.

The double 413 stacks nice, really nice. It doesn't even come out to a weird size. Our backroom is so tight we hardly have room for a pallet to stack packed boxes on. When C&S delivers we take a break cause they stack right through our area for almost an hour we are stuck doing nothing.

Back