Archived Freezer/Dairy Transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who else is getting this transition? Any tips from the brave who have gone before us?

I have to say, I'm excited about getting expanded cooler product although I know that's just going to be THAT MUCH more stuff for me to SDA and monitor (freezer I pretty much leave alone). My biggest concern is lack of space in our meat and dairy cooler...we're pretty much snugly fit as is and additional product is going to overwhelm us. I foresee quite a bit of headache as we figure out how to work in all the additional product.

It's coming for us in a couple of weeks.
First we have to get through the healthcare transition.
The whole thing sounds like timing is going to be crucial.

Reactions: NOP
Due to this transition, I've been feeling the markdowns, and I foresee it being worse next week and the following week as I'm training 2 new PATLs in my District.

I have heard a bit from this transition. It about time they expand the refrigerated section. I know yogurt is getting expanded. What else is getting expanded?

Haven't been given the Transition Manual from our PTL yet, and she wants me to plan/set up this transition. This is my first time doing this, any pointers?

Ours is flipping around quite a bit. Going to take some serious planning and coordination.

I know its coming up in a few weeks. My priority is getting this healthcare nightmare over with and then prepping for electronics the week after. I'll have to look for the transition manual when I have a chance.

Haven't been given the Transition Manual from our PTL yet, and she wants me to plan/set up this transition. This is my first time doing this, any pointers?

Go to WB and got to transition communication under the sales floor tab , there is a link for this specific transition manual up right now. All transition manual's are placed there usually up to two months before they are actually delivered to the store that way you can stay ahead and not have to wait for your PTL.

Go to WB and got to transition communication under the sales floor tab , there is a link for this specific transition manual up right now. All transition manual's are placed there usually up to two months before they are actually delivered to the store that way you can stay ahead and not have to wait for your PTL.

Yeah. I printed transition guide off workbench on Monday. This week frozen went clearance. No more TPCs for frozen apparently. This is going to be a logistical nightmare in terms of food safety and limited storage space ugh

If you follow BP, you shouldn't be TPC'ing anything in frozen because there's nothing there you order. You're only supposed to TPC stuff that you're responsible for bringing in (unless it's something you have an unusally large amount of). Does that make sense?

We actually didn't have as much clearance come out as I thought might...all the tips on how to maximize clearance space in the transition manual seemed laughable, lol. We only had two half-carts come out of the freezer and all of it fit to the home locs except for a couple things which went to our designated clearance shelf. Frankly, I had more clearance to deal with when a ton of Tyson went NCF awhile back. So yeah, unless there's another wave coming that I don't know about, we're going to be rid of most of the clearance long before the set actually happens. Less for me to zone. :p

If you follow BP, you shouldn't be TPC'ing anything in frozen because there's nothing there you order. You're only supposed to TPC stuff that you're responsible for bringing in (unless it's something you have an unusally large amount of). Does that make sense?

We actually didn't have as much clearance come out as I thought might...all the tips on how to maximize clearance space in the transition manual seemed laughable, lol. We only had two half-carts come out of the freezer and all of it fit to the home locs except for a couple things which went to our designated clearance shelf. Frankly, I had more clearance to deal with when a ton of Tyson went NCF awhile back. So yeah, unless there's another wave coming that I don't know about, we're going to be rid of most of the clearance long before the set actually happens. Less for me to zone. :p

Ya it wasnt as much as I thought either. In the back there was just a full tub of it but alot of it fit in the home. The rest I usually PTM the frozen bunker with clearance and work it out. Everything in the bunker that was clearance is allready gone so in just 4 days we sold everything there. Havent checked the home locations yet

For dry market clearance we have a larger sectioned endcap in the back where the freezers start and dairy cooler ends where I put all clearance and extra D-code

What I mean is, that it was my understanding that after this transition, when food products go dcode and out on clearance -- it won't be marked with red clearance tags anymore but rather as a TPC. But it's still technically on Clearance / not labeled as such. I know what BP is. Just saying what I've heard.

What I mean is, that it was my understanding that after this transition, when food products go dcode and out on clearance -- it won't be marked with red clearance tags anymore but rather as a TPC. But it's still technically on Clearance / not labeled as such. I know what BP is. Just saying what I've heard.

It sounded like that too from what I was reading in the transition manual but maybe they meant just for the transition and not everyday.

It sounded like that too from what I was reading in the transition manual but maybe they meant just for the transition and not everyday.

I interpreted it as no more clearance stickers on food products due to Guests viewing them unfavorably. Brand/Presentation/Perception issue?

And guess what else happens around the same time? Market endcaps rotate! Yay!!!!!!!! (kill me dead now)

Finally looked at the transition and all the adjacency moves. Everything moves around except for frozen pizza. Looks like 7 doors are converting from freezers to coolers.

Looking at my store transition, we are converting 9 doors to refrigerator space and OJ is moving to the backwall with milk (makes sense to me) and lunch meat is moving out of the open case into the next aisle with cheese (also makes sense). I'm not really sure with how my store is laid out if we'll really see a dramatic increase in sales. Our yogurt is only increasing one section from two to three, and we're gaining an additional door of creamer and speciality milk... seems like a lot of movement for little gain other than organizational changes to align with guest shopping behavior.

Looking at my store transition, we are converting 9 doors to refrigerator space and OJ is moving to the backwall with milk (makes sense to me) and lunch meat is moving out of the open case into the next aisle with cheese (also makes sense). I'm not really sure with how my store is laid out if we'll really see a dramatic increase in sales. Our yogurt is only increasing one section from two to three, and we're gaining an additional door of creamer and speciality milk... seems like a lot of movement for little gain other than organizational changes to align with guest shopping behavior.

Ours looks to be changing exactly like your store. Also looks like they are moving things around to better complement each other like moving frozen vegetables and dinner rolls closer to the frozen dinners. Fresh meat is also expanding by one.

Doors switching over from freezer to cooler. It will be interesting to see how this will work in the backroom. Space is so tight as it is. I am not looking forward to all lithe additional shelves of yogurt on the floor.

Doors switching over from freezer to cooler. It will be interesting to see how this will work in the backroom. Space is so tight as it is. I am not looking forward to all lithe additional shelves of yogurt on the floor.

Thank God we're getting more dairy out in where freezers are now. We have a huge ass dairy cooler, but a small igloo for a freezer.

Ours is kind of the opposite, lol. Our freezer is bigger than the dairy cooler and I honestly have NO idea where we are going to put all the additional diary product. It's going to be a massive headache.

We're converting three freezer doors to refrigerated. Conventional Milk, Specialty Milk, and Creamers each gain one door. Two of our aisle of freezers completely flip. We let PFresh know right away that we need banana boxes to move all the product, you should see our stockpile now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back