Friggin Cup Holders!

Kartman

MasterBlaster (User has passed away)
I have a question - let me explain. Coming from a closed FA, I'm familiar with those cute cup holders that we gave out on request. And also as a CA, I'm also familiar with rounding them up and returning them to FA to be washed and reused. That was how we did it for years.

Fast forward to now - they have newer cup holders at SB, still free. But now when I return them to SB I'm told that they are supposed to be returned to GS.

WTF? Can anyone with any authority explain this to me? SB tells me that GS is responsible for handing them out and that makes no sense to me at all. Guests must buy their drink, then mosy over to GS to get a used, dirty cupholder???

Best practice says they must be washed and sanitized before being handed out again.

Makes sense to me.... but can't say BP has been followed in my store. Wonder if making GS keep them is a steritech thing because BP isn't being followed?

Those are the old ones. The newer ones are beefier.

I know my store doesn't do this.

Hell half of them are in the backroom attached to a tiered cart because it's now acceptable to push with a Starbucks cup in one hand.

We use them for SFS with our coffee so that when we have to hike six aisles over in the backroom the next person looking for a cart doesn't steal ours or start to backstock it. they know that coffee mug belongs to so and so and not to take the cart.

Nope, can't say I've ever seen that!
I wonder if we have some. I'll ask the SBX and Cafe peeps tomorrow.

We use them for SFS with our coffee so that when we have to hike six aisles over in the backroom the next person looking for a cart doesn't steal ours or start to backstock it. they know that coffee mug belongs to so and so and not to take the cart.
Two birds, one stone...😂😂😂

We don't have sfs just team members that clock in and THEN grab a Starbucks drink instead of doing it before work or on a break. 🤣

We don't have sfs just team members that clock in and THEN grab a Starbucks drink instead of doing it before work or on a break. 🤣

That is wrong. I run that until my coffee runs out or we open and its coffee that I made at home.

My favorite is when I see a SrTL or TL do it.

We have one ETL who walks in every morning walks through drops her purse and walks back out to sbux cuts the line and gets her coffee. Every single morning she works. "I have a long commute and need it." Bitch your commute is shorter than mine and I was told that isn't an excuse for anything.. So please kindly fuck all the way off..

Speaking of fucking off, can we get back OT?

Who is responsible for the cup holders?

At my store, they're kept at SBux. There's a basket on a shelf above one of the trash bins as you walk into the SBux area, so you don't even have to ask for one unless the basket is empty. No idea if they're being washed periodically.

Back