Archived Frustrated: A guest’s perspective

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello All,
First off, I’d like to introduce myself as longtime Target shopper, or perhaps “guest” would be a more appropriate term. Although I do not work for Target, I have frequented this forum over the past few years as a lurker/observer because I find it pretty interesting to read about how things operate behind the scenes. I should also mention that I’m from Target’s home state so I have a bit of a vested interest in their success and have a sense of loyalty to shop there over a place like Walmart. However, I’ve recently been becoming more and more frustrated with the overall guest experience during my trips to the store.

Target used to have an edge over competitors by providing a superior, more inviting environment to shop in. Despite my store recently receiving a top to bottom remodel, I find myself becoming more and more aggravated every time I go. Target has never been stellar with keeping items in stock (especially groceries) but it seems like this has only gotten worse since the remodel. In addition, my store seems to no longer stock the store overnight but instead stocks shelves throughout the day. It is extremely aggravating to attempt to maneuver down the aisles when they are constantly blocked by carts/pallets of product still in boxes. Just earlier today (Sunday...busiest day of the week I believe), it seemed like nearly every other endcap was completely blocked. How does the company expect to sell items when shoppers can’t even access them??? And it’s like this every, single, time lately. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for the team members as well!

At any rate, I just needed to get that off my chest and throw out a couple follow up questions as well:
- Is the transition to no longer stocking overnight permanent or still in a pilot phase?
- Is it even worth venting my frustrations via online surveys from the receipts? I’ve already expressed my frustrations in a couple surveys in the past and the store management has emailed me directly and been very receptive but I also understand that these decisions all stem from the top so I’m guessing this type of feedback rarely makes it all the way to district/corporate leadership.

Thanks in advance for listening to a random guest’s rant. I’ve also attached some photos from today’s #TargetRun.

Attachments

• 2ABF97DF-2F5B-4A16-8673-7095C98F4A25.jpeg
    2ABF97DF-2F5B-4A16-8673-7095C98F4A25.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 204
  • 762240A2-A28D-4544-8F0C-622977C037BE.jpeg
    762240A2-A28D-4544-8F0C-622977C037BE.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 199
  • BED0D633-86FB-43AC-BDB3-921E4F530C00.jpeg
    BED0D633-86FB-43AC-BDB3-921E4F530C00.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 198
  • 9910EBF2-976B-4595-B80A-8C892FE5CE5F.jpeg
    9910EBF2-976B-4595-B80A-8C892FE5CE5F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 195
  • 2568EFDB-EBA0-49F0-A86D-368BE7D1EEDD.jpeg
    2568EFDB-EBA0-49F0-A86D-368BE7D1EEDD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 185
  • 7D4A397A-CF3C-4EC9-B584-CD17237CA9C0.jpeg
    7D4A397A-CF3C-4EC9-B584-CD17237CA9C0.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 188
  • DECB6A13-CFAE-46CD-A8BA-F67C9EB486EC.jpeg
    DECB6A13-CFAE-46CD-A8BA-F67C9EB486EC.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 183
Hello All,
First off, I’d like to introduce myself as longtime Target shopper, or perhaps “guest” would be a more appropriate term. Although I do not work for Target, I have frequented this forum over the past few years as a lurker/observer because I find it pretty interesting to read about how things operate behind the scenes. I should also mention that I’m from Target’s home state so I have a bit of a vested interest in their success and have a sense of loyalty to shop there over a place like Walmart. However, I’ve recently been becoming more and more frustrated with the overall guest experience during my trips to the store.

Target used to have an edge over competitors by providing a superior, more inviting environment to shop in. Despite my store recently receiving a top to bottom remodel, I find myself becoming more and more aggravated every time I go. Target has never been stellar with keeping items in stock (especially groceries) but it seems like this has only gotten worse since the remodel. In addition, my store seems to no longer stock the store overnight but instead stocks shelves throughout the day. It is extremely aggravating to attempt to maneuver down the aisles when they are constantly blocked by carts/pallets of product still in boxes. Just earlier today (Sunday...busiest day of the week I believe), it seemed like nearly every other endcap was completely blocked. How does the company expect to sell items when shoppers can’t even access them??? And it’s like this every, single, time lately. I can only imagine how frustrating this must be for the team members as well!

At any rate, I just needed to get that off my chest and throw out a couple follow up questions as well:
- Is the transition to no longer stocking overnight permanent or still in a pilot phase?
- Is it even worth venting my frustrations via online surveys from the receipts? I’ve already expressed my frustrations in a couple surveys in the past and the store management has emailed me directly and been very receptive but I also understand that these decisions all stem from the top so I’m guessing this type of feedback rarely makes it all the way to district/corporate leadership.

Thanks in advance for listening to a random guest’s rant. I’ve also attached some photos from today’s #TargetRun.

This store is not following the current operating model. There should be no Vehicles on the floor unless someone is working on it or in a way that allows you to still shop. This website is not endorsed by Target and solely ran by Team Members so complaining here won't help your frustrations. We all feel your pain but nothing we can do for you here.

That could be my store and I'm on the west coast so it is a company wide issue. And your words to Brian C's ears but I am not expecting anything to change, at least not in the near future unfortunately. Don't bother with the surveys anymore. If I were you I would go further up the organization and write straight to our beloved leader. You have nothing to lose. Again, wouldn't expect change but they need to start hearing from the guests that these problems exist. Nobody listens to us even though we see it every day. Thanks for sharing this! I am sorry your shopping experience is less than what it reasonably should be.

Post it to social media. Here it won't help much although who knows who lurks on here. They pushed back my starting time so I have no time to check dates and such nor fill the floor like I used to do. So your fresh groceries will turn to grosseries basically money sitting on a pallet.

That actually looks pretty decent so count yourself lucky.

You want to complain, do it on their FB, Instagram, Twitter pages. Telling us is just preaching to the choir.. We know it's stupid and pisses off our customers/guests the people who spend money in the store.
See, but then they blame the store team since they're unable to understand that their "process" is impossible to follow if you actually want to get tasks done.

Thanks for all the responses so far! It definitely sounds like the consensus is posting something to social media. Not quite sure I want to go that public with this rant but I’ll keep that in mind. I was thinking of something more along the lines of email (guestrelations@target.com?) but perhaps that would just be a bit of a dead end.

I don't understand the just stock overnight theory. If that would to happen, many shelves would be empty by the end of the day, frustrating guests who shop at night because they can't find anything.

I don't understand the just stock overnight theory. If that would to happen, many shelves would be empty by the end of the day, frustrating guests who shop at night because they can't find anything.
I mean, the truck push is a lot worse than the push from the CAFs, which was always done while the store was open.

I should clarify. I never intended to imply that all stocking should only take place overnight. I totally understand that holes on shelves need to be filled throughout the day but in my opinion it seems like the majority of the stocking process is now happening during the day, which is the part that is disruptive for guest (and the team members from the sounds of it as well).

That is what cafs and manuals are for! There was processes in place before spot decided to go with this linear modernization bs. Took a huge step back.

For my old store cafs were at 11, 1 and 3 weekdays with an extra caf at 5 on weekends.

That actually looks pretty decent so count yourself lucky.

You want to complain, do it on their FB, Instagram, Twitter pages. Telling us is just preaching to the choir.. We know it's stupid and pisses off our customers/guests the people who spend money in the store.
I have read the posts on SM and the guests receive the same response. We are sorry about your experience, this is not what we want, let us know what store and we will forward your unhappy experience to the store. This needs to go above store level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back