Archived Funny Things you hear on the walkie

Status
Not open for further replies.
@enaidyl @LadyCynide my problem is my name is a not so common variation of a very common name. It's literally one letter that separates them and I get called the more popular version all the time. I try to ignore it but dammit it drives me nuts sometimes! One time someone called for me using said more popular name and I went "That's not my name but go ahead." Lol it's made me very angry towards my mother XD

Well this just happened and I was the one that said it! I was doing reshop and a customer had asked if we sold nut grinders, I looked in kitchen area and found nothing, I tryed to think of a diff way to ask if we had "NUT GRINDERS" I got a couple laughs and a no

I looked in kitchen area and found nothing, I tryed to think of a diff way to ask if we had "NUT GRINDERS" I got a couple laughs and a no
As I was going on my break, someone asked over the walkie, "Do we have a nutcracker that isn't a decoration but...actually..." They didn't finish their sentence and I'm sitting there wondering what the big deal is. o_O

Then there was this little gem.
Guy 1: Hey, can you pull an item for a guest for me?
Guy 2: Yeah just a second.
Guy 1: *reads off numbers*
Guy 1: Did you get that?
-silence for about 2 minutes-
Guy 1: *reads off numbers again* Did you get that?
Guy 2: Just a second.
-a few more minutes pass-
Guy 2: Go ahead with those numbers.
-two more minutes pass-
Guy 2: .....go ahead with the numbers whenever....
Guy 1: You read for those numbers?

Like. Seriously?

A couple from yesterday.

Electronics TM: GSTL?
Electronics TM: GSTL??
GSTL: Sorry, I was on channel 1. Go ahead.
Electronics TM: So was I..

(GSA went to a different channel for guest assistance, forgot to flip back to Ch. 1 realized it..)
GSA: Sorry, I didn't go back to 1. Was anyone calling <the gsa>
(Nothing...he asks again)
Random TM: Was someone looking for me?
Electronics TM: Nobody is looking for anyone!

A couple from yesterday.

Electronics TM: GSTL?
Electronics TM: GSTL??
GSTL: Sorry, I was on channel 1. Go ahead.
Electronics TM: So was I..

(GSA went to a different channel for guest assistance, forgot to flip back to Ch. 1 realized it..)
GSA: Sorry, I didn't go back to 1. Was anyone calling <the gsa>
(Nothing...he asks again)
Random TM: Was someone looking for me?
Electronics TM: Nobody is looking for anyone!

I do that embarrassingly often. Usually our Service Desk doesn't have a walkie, so they ask me to radio backroom for flexible's, and I'll forget to flip back to 1. Same deal when someone needs me to switch to 3 or 4, I'll forget to switch back to 1.

Give them a walkie, please.

I try, but our LOD almost always deem it more important for someone else to have the walkie. For the most part, all that our SDTM's need the walkie for is calling Backroom, and they will just have me do that or just borrow my walkie for a few minutes.

My Store uses "I'm in the Plumbing Department" as code for "I'm in the bathroom, peeing after holding it for the last two hours",

Although the echo over the walkie gives it away every time, and pretty much tells the entire store that you are doing just that.

How many of you switch channels to 4 when you hear one member of management tell another to Go to 4?
Oh, so, so often. We had a small moment with two GSAs and a GSTL up front and I was standing with the GSTL and then we hear the STL go "[other GSA], go to 4" and I immediately turned to the GSTL like "Are you switching or am I?" "I'll switch, you stay on 1 and tell me if there's any calls for me." Headsets! Teamwork!

A weird moment that happened this weekend: three TMs called out their breaks/lunches to the LOD back-to-back-to-back and the LOD was just like "Whatever you're doing and wherever you're going, go enjoy it!" so I said "LOD, I'm enjoying being GSA right now!" and started a whole chain reaction of people calling out their position and what they're doing and what they're thankful for this weekend. (Accidental real-life positive vibes thread?) But then one person, over walkie, said "I'm thankful for Bear's feathery hair!" and then I hear every TM with a walkie in earshot start cracking up. I still have no idea who said that about me, but I'm not even embarrassed. Thanks, random TM!

I'm a TM but our ETL has the same name as me. People are terrible at specifying which one of us they want over walkie so I've gotten where if they don't specify it's me, I tune my name out completely. However, yesterday was particularly bad as we were both stationed in electronics for opening on thanksgiving and we both kept turning around everytime someone talked to either of us.

I have the opposite problem, I'm a TL so I'm often the one they're looking for (and there's three other people with my name in my store).
It drives me crazy when people don't specify who they're looking for.

It's also fun when you get called the name of another leader in the store (and later you both laugh about it because new people constantly call you the wrong name).

I have the opposite problem, I'm a TL so I'm often the one they're looking for (and there's three other people with my name in my store).
It drives me crazy when people don't specify who they're looking for.

It's also fun when you get called the name of another leader in the store (and later you both laugh about it because new people constantly call you the wrong name).

We hired a new TPS a few months ago, and for a little while she mistook me with one of our ETL's, and would call on the walkie "ETL-[name]" when trying to call for me. It happened for a few days until she found me immediately after she called for the ETL and said "Oh hey, I was calling for you, is your walkie dead?" and connected the dots.

Operator: Electronics, come in. You have a call on 2280
Ex-Electronics TL: Copy, 2282
Operator: No, the call is on 22-8-0
Ex-Electronics TL: Copy, 2283
Operator: No! 2-2-8-0!

ETL: Liza or Kevin, come in.
TM: Go for Sarah.
ETL: Liza or Kevin, come in.
TM: This is Sarah. Go ahead.
ETL: Did I call for "Sarah"? Did it sound like "Sarah"? Is Liza or Kevin "Sarah"? How the hell did you deduce that Liza or Kevin is "Sarah"? Why oh why do you think I was calling for "Sarah"?

Said ETL is easy-going and funny but he can have a sarcastic humor sometimes.

All those with duplicate name issues.... in our store my first AND last name both rhyme with another TMs. So they can't separate us by either. They sound about the same over the walkie too but they usually want him and not me. So unless they specify softlines with the name half the time I don't answer. And when it comes to walkies the other issue I have is when I'm talking to guests I often turn my walkie off so that I can hear them clearly and they can hear me. Then after taking care of the guest half the time I forget to turn the darn walkie back on. ><

Our fun bit this morning.

Joe: This is Joe, heading out.
TM: Be safe, Joe.
TM2: Be careful out there Joe.
ETL: Drive safe Joe.
TM3: Take it easy, Joe.

and on and on and with one TM after another and then....

FRO: Hey Joe, make sure you call us when you get home so we know you made it safe.

Poor Joe. LOL

FRO: Hey Joe, make sure you call us when you get home so we know you made it safe.

Poor Joe. LOL

That's fantastic.

Poor Joe. LOL

We actually had TM's calling when they got home during the last nasty snow/ice storm, same with people coming in. If someone disappeared we had a time frame to start looking. It was that bad.

But most of the time we are just giving someone crap for the fun of it.

We have 3 Andys, 2 Davids, 2 Annas, 3 Johns, 2 Drews, 3 Michaels, 2 Christines, 2 Trinas, and 2 Lisas at my store. Even specifying workcenter doesn't narrow it down sometimes.

There are four Lisa's, 2 on price change alone. There are like 5 John's too, 2 go by Jonathan. Me and another TM have the same name, and they never specify who they want when they call our name. Some BR TM's didn't even know she had the same name as me. They would call for me if she asked for something. There are 3 Julius', 2 Stevens, 2 Jenna's in softlines. 2 Zach's. It's insane lmao.

I heard this one while on break.
Our Mobile Rep: (Other electronics TM), can you come to the boat?
OETM: Why?
Mobile: A guest needs help getting something from the back.
OETM: Well, I'm at Starbucks right now (he was not on break or lunch) can't you do it?
Mobile: No. Unlike you, I'm not hiding in Starbucks, I'm doing my actual job. You should try it.
A random TM: Hey OETM, need some ice from FA for that burn?
LOD: OETM, go to 4. Now.

We have 3 Andys, 2 Davids, 2 Annas, 3 Johns, 2 Drews, 3 Michaels, 2 Christines, 2 Trinas, and 2 Lisas at my store. Even specifying workcenter doesn't narrow it down sometimes.

There are four Lisa's, 2 on price change alone. There are like 5 John's too, 2 go by Jonathan. Me and another TM have the same name, and they never specify who they want when they call our name. Some BR TM's didn't even know she had the same name as me. They would call for me if she asked for something. There are 3 Julius', 2 Stevens, 2 Jenna's in softlines. 2 Zach's. It's insane lmao.

We're all about the last initials at my store. Some of us have actually started using last initials in person because that's how we know each other, even one particular leader with a very unusual first name.

"How's it going, Bob S.?"
"Not bad, how are you, Lisa D.?"
(not actual names)

I heard this one while on break.
Our Mobile Rep: (Other electronics TM), can you come to the boat?
OETM: Why?
Mobile: A guest needs help getting something from the back.
OETM: Well, I'm at Starbucks right now (he was not on break or lunch) can't you do it?
Mobile: No. Unlike you, I'm not hiding in Starbucks, I'm doing my actual job. You should try it.
A random TM: Hey OETM, need some ice from FA for that burn?
LOD: OETM, go to 4. Now.
Man, I would have flipped my walkie to 4 with the quickness just to be nosey. hahaha What a goofball to give himself away like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back