Archived gossip?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering how gossip is handled at their store? Specifically employee gossip as well as talk about store processes and procedures.

Working at Target is like working with bitchy high school girls. The gossip and back stabbing is out of control. People take so much shit seriously and worry so much about what other people are doing. I try to stay out of it and ignore it. Target is a stepping stone, not a career for me.

Gossip.spreads like wildfire at my store. There are always those tms who know all the good stuff so I touch base with them at least once week. I don't refer to it as gossiping I refer to it as net working

Last edited:
When you've worked at your store long enough you learn which TMs can be trusted and which to avoid when it comes to sharing confidences. I know whom to tell when I want something spread around and whom to tell when I don't.

Honestly leadership shouldn't get involved with it. Talking about gossip just creates more drama. My ETL HR doesn't play the game and the gossip usually dries out after a while.

It's not just a Target thing. Tell me what office doesn't have gossip and drama?

No one's ever said or done anything about gossip at my store, but leadership has turned out to be the source of quite a bit of it, so...

I feel this issue depends entirely on the kind of people in your store. I'd say there's definitly a lot of "drama" in certain departments at my store, but luckily the gossip isn't too out of hand. I consider gossip normal, and only bad when things can negatively impact someone. Best way to handle these issues is not to engage. I don't get involved, and it saves me a lot of stress.

I'm sure there are people who actually ENJOY the gossip though, hence why it exists in the first place...

Oh man, the gossip I would hear when I used to hang out with the Sr. TLs and ETLs was always fantastic. My personal rule was to never spread it, but I am more than happy to hear it. Too bad eating popcorn while listening wasn't an easy option at the store.

I get that we hire a variety of team members from a wide range of ages and we have high schoolers on staff, but having people in their 30s or 40s act worse than a high schooler is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back