Archived Grocery transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idk about that. There is a legitimate reason to how product is placed based on the flow of traffic. Typically, why milk and eggs are in the back of stores. They use heat sensors and sales reports to how people navigate a store.

If it was to simply clean shelves, then to hell to them. :mad:

Sure, but I doubt they are watching the "flow of traffic" for something like alarm clocks. I have seen alarm clocks stay in one aisle, and just flip from one section to another. Hardly a hot ticket item.

@Circle9 put transition communication as one of your quick links and take the time to read it your self. It doesn't necessarily give specifics on what is or isn't staying but it's look up able on online pog or they can contact their bosses. And I am signing. I'm supposed to get one of the pretty colored double sided copies.... Says so ON THE FRONT PAGE..... Never makes my mail box. I always print my own. I think I'm the only one who reads it anyway.

CTL hasn't communicated with any vendors about this reset and she's never here during the day. Wheeeeee! This is so fun dealing with them all.
It's crazy hard for me to find the time to even talk to our CTL let alone finding vendors to let them know of changes.

Pretty sure they are all supposed to be wooden pallets...why is MP water on a plastic pallet

Obviously, this is wrong on so many levels. Wood pallets should NOT be on the floor (nails and broken wood are hazards for guests, the same will ruin waxed floors). Plastic SKIDS are less likely to mar the floors.

A better solution would be to use plastic skids, turned sideways. Still likely just as unshoppable, up top, though. Or perhaps the square soda pallets.

Any other stores decide to use peg hooks instead of magna bars for the nuts?

I'm already taking bets on how long the peg board will hold up under all that weight.

Also the highest row had to go on the very top set of holes so I hope no one under 6' wanted those nuts.

STL wants us to switch to peg hooks.

What does magna bars look like? We used peg hooks

magna_bars_big.jpg

From here: Peg Hooks for Gondola - Pegboard Scanner Hooks - Gondola Scanner Hooks - Pegboard Displayers - Accessory Displays for Pegboard - Magna Bar System - Peg Hooks for Gondola

Obviously, this is wrong on so many levels. Wood pallets should NOT be on the floor (nails and broken wood are hazards for guests, the same will ruin waxed floors). Plastic SKIDS are less likely to mar the floors.

A better solution would be to use plastic skids, turned sideways. Still likely just as unshoppable, up top, though. Or perhaps the square soda pallets.
You might want to read the merchandise update this week. They are specifically saying to use wooden pallets.

You might want to read the merchandise update this week. They are specifically saying to use wooden pallets.

Thankfully, I don't. We didn't have to do our waterwall this way. Still, it makes you think how much of this is just computer generated POG vs. actual set and record ideas. Wonder what the REVs are going to look like?

We used magna bars on trail mix. Ran out of label holders before we reset gum, so those got the softlines pegs with the 4ft sign holder that snaps on. So much sturdier, even if the pegs are only 9in.

Water pallets are supposed to be set on those plastic pallets. They appear to be the high weight ones like coke/pepsi use. We didn't get them.

I've taken down 2-4 carts of outdated stuff a night. Pretty even split between vendor and not. Lots of 2014 in the back of capri sun and candy.

Water pallets are supposed to be set on those plastic pallets. They appear to be the high weight ones like coke/pepsi use. We didn't get them.
Our PMT was showing us pictures of what it's supposed to look like and the water was all on Walmart-blue pallets.

We switch everything to 9" heavy duty pegs. Nuts was already, gum was switch and jerky was switched.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back