Archived Grocery transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is getting 2 more flats. One for bakery and one more for...soda I think. That's pretty much it.

My store is getting grilling/ bakery focal a soda focal and water. Kill me

Anyone know what fillgroup nutrition bars are moving to?

Yes, at my store the LODs were mentioning that it was to be a two week reset.
I got to wondering what on earth are they going to be doing that requires two weeks of reset. The only good thing that I could think of about this huge change is that at least they are waiting until AFTER Easter to start it.

As per other years...stores have been closed on Easter...will they be closed again this year....or are we going to have another black Friday special sale?

It looks like a 2 week reset with new focals. Oh and nutrition bars will be in market now.

yeppers 2 weeks... about 500 hours for ours.

"nutrition" bars.. yeahhhhhh NUT-rition bars... lets see processed sawdust and glue... blech!

Guess I can take beat GS brains to get the hint on where this crap goes off my list.... Yay! NOT! I really liked them in pharm.. where they belong with all the roid juice powder and other nonsense.( Talk about something that begs for ID and get it from the behind the counter! ) .. they could have moved all the like ilk there! :) :) I didn't look at what was moving to replace that in pham.. and something is going to have to give in snacks to make room for more sawdust...

My store is getting grilling/ bakery focal a ssoda pop focal and water. Kill me

Do you not have a pop and water EC that gets rotated each week now for ad??

All the "focal" is wasted stupid signage and a thing that sort holds up a sign in the middle way to stock. FAIL.

Same with water.

Guess I can take beat GS brains to get the hint on where this crap goes off my list.... Yay! NOT! I really liked them in pharm.. where they belong with all the roid juice powder and other nonsense.( Talk about something that begs for ID and get it from the behind the counter! ) .. they could have moved all the like ilk there! :) :) I didn't look at what was moving to replace that in pham.. and something is going to have to give in snacks to make room for more sawdust...

I agree! Most of them are protein bars. Keep 'em with the protein powder.

ugh

I don't know where they're moving stuff in market, please please check what replaces the stuff in pham and let me know because I'm very curious.

I don't know how it'd fit in my store.

yeppers 2 weeks... about 500 hours for ours.

"nutrition" bars.. yeahhhhhh NUT-rition bars... lets see processed sawdust and glue... blech!

Do you not have a pop and water EC that gets rotated each week now for ad??

All the "focal" is wasted stupid signage and a thing that sort holds up a sign in the middle way to stock. FAIL.

Same with water.

We have both. My Etl said that the water one will be be gone completely and the pop will turn into the focal

ugh

I don't know where they're moving stuff in market, please please check what replaces the stuff in pham and let me know because I'm very curious.

I am not 100% sure what replaces it. From my understanding the CEO is taking a look into total SKU's being carried per category and realigning our assortment to better fit our market. We do not need entire aisles of certain categories anymore and then not carry enough of things people come to Target to buy. Some examples have been things like air mattresses where we have WAY to many SKU's being carried where a single brand of each size and type might do. This is true throughout the store and our merchandising teams may be looking into places where we can make more room already?

When specifically in April is this supposed to take place?

My ETL, PMT, and I walked through Market today and counted how many base decks we need to order and got that processed. We are going to replace every thing we can since this is a huge transition and I will have a lot of people helping.

I think I read that the adjacency for Market and HBA won't be in until March 13. I really would like to know now what is going to move. The transition manual is on Workbench if you guys need to pull it.

Last time we had a major transition like this the pre-transition notes and pilot stores gave the advice that you'd need 10-15 just to remerch and 20-25 to push/repush product. It was the soda-move high-capacity install transition.

Our store got enough hours for 5 to demerch and 10-15 to remerch. It was hell.

We have both. My Etl said that the water one will be be gone completely and the pop will turn into the focal

Well he must have gotten your stores map for the layout.. If some one has ours they don't know it! :) ;)

While I won't miss an useless water taking up an endcap.. Guests will literally right now stand in front of the empty EC and you can look right down the aisle and see the home loc the sale water.. full and over flowing... I am not even going to go any further...

The photo was really just underwhelming, but if the pop vendors get boned having to work around some stupid fixture, fine... but really that is a costly waste of $$$ for little value..ie increased sales...

ugh

I agree this stuff belongs there, leave it

And let me send that side of the snacks aisle there!

If I can find time I will go look at the setup for pharm, if I get chance or the PPTL has it printed... That is a LOT of stuff to move from pharm... to snacks..

If there really is a purge of this stuff, then purge it all! From both places! Then we can have MORE COOKIES! COOKIES!

Yeah there is really going to have to be some squeezing to get that in my current aisle in snacks.. but hey that POG-O-MATIC that shoves 10 inch wide cartons into 3 inch spaces.. that will work! :)

Last time we had a major transition like this the pre-transition notes and pilot stores gave the advice that you'd need 10-15 just to remerch and 20-25 to push/repush product. It was the soda-move high-capacity install transition.

Our store got enough hours for 5 to demerch and 10-15 to remerch. It was hell.
Is that people?

Insert insane cackle here...

...I don't think I can get that many people even if we have the hours and offer overtime. Plus food.

This is going to be a fucking shit show.

Here's a few of my take-aways.. Feel free to start a convo if you have any specific questions.

Based on the notes, all stores will be modifying the existing soda flats to add a dividing wall, allowing you to add shelves (12pk on the basedeck, 6pk 16.9oz on the first shelf and 2L on the top).

Some stores will be testing a new water flat.. From the context, it almost sounds like you'll be able to park a pallet on the ground and there will be something that hides the pallet?

Those of us that have a frito ad endcap will be losing it. There will be an additional rolling rack to host frito ad on a frozen aisle.

Some stores are getting a candy, snack and/or bake focal if you don't already have one.

Upscale candy is getting gen3 zone asst dividers

There's going to be a few changes to wine to make it feel more vinyardie? (I'm not a wine selling store so I didn't read any of it)

Along with nutrition bars, canned fruit, meat/fish, and veg/beans will switch from D231 to D212-Meal essentials (I guess that'll put them in grocery1 instead of 3)

Own brand chips and BFY will combine pogs.. Frito will get slanted dip shelves to increase visibility.

Here's a few of my take-aways.. Feel free to start a convo if you have any specific questions.

Based on the notes, all stores will be modifying the existing soda flats to add a dividing wall, allowing you to add shelves (12pk on the basedeck, 6pk 16.9oz on the first shelf and 2L on the top).

Some stores will be testing a new water flat.. From the context, it almost sounds like you'll be able to park a pallet on the ground and there will be something that hides the pallet?

Those of us that have a frito ad endcap will be losing it. There will be an additional rolling rack to host frito ad on a frozen aisle.

Some stores are getting a candy, snack and/or bake focal if you don't already have one.

Upscale candy is getting gen3 zone asst dividers

There's going to be a few changes to wine to make it feel more vinyardie? (I'm not a wine selling store so I didn't read any of it)

Along with nutrition bars, canned fruit, meat/fish, and veg/beans will switch from D231 to D212-Meal essentials (I guess that'll put them in grocery1 instead of 3)

Own brand chips and BFY will combine pogs.. Frito will get slanted dip shelves to increase visibility.

Where can we read this

Are gen 3 dividers the black ones that went in deodorant and actually work?

Where can we read this
The transition manual is in the transition communication page. Either edit your quicklinks and add transition communication or search for it.

Are gen 3 dividers the black ones that went in deodorant and actually work?
That's them! I also converted my spices to gen3 back in October. My next goal is to convince my ETL that we need them for bagged coffee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back