Archived Grocery transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I pulled the adjacency calendar for the two main weeks of this transition. There's definitely some footage changes:

Ketchup, mustard and bbq reduces (probably to make room for vinegar)
energy drinks shrink, mixers expand
dried pasta shrinks
snacks changes A LOT

The big puzzle pieces will definitely be how much is marked down in the next few weeks and when we finally get to see these pogs roll in.

The transition manual is in the transition communication page. Either edit your quicklinks and add transition communication or search for it.

That's them! I also converted my spices to gen3 back in October. My next goal is to convince my ETL that we need them for bagged coffee.
I head coffee was getting the new dividers!!! Just order em like we do. I really wanted the roller shelves that we have for vitamins for the spices.... But they are like 150 for two

I pulled the adjacency calendar for the two main weeks of this transition. There's definitely some footage changes:

dried pasta shrinks
snacks changes A LOT

The big puzzle pieces will definitely be how much is marked down in the next few weeks and when we finally get to see these pogs roll in.
I have been wanting to see the map since I first saw this transition guide pop up on workbench. I will definitely look at the footage changes. I would like to know what's taking the protein bars space in HBA.

Did anybody else see the fabulous sign they created to show the guest where items moved to... That and the transition manual suggesting we go over night clearly told me this was going to suck.

dried pasta shrinks
snacks changes A LOT

Where did you get the map?

I head coffee was getting the new dividers!!! Just order em like we do. I really wanted the roller shelves that we have for vitamins for the spices.... But they are like 150 for two
The only thing that I saw that will receive the new pushwrs is upscale chocolate. I convinced my ETL to let me oeder some for coffee so if they DO come for coffee, I can use them for other things :D

Where did you get the map?
Adjacency maps usually come in the store mail box with the big stack of pogs.. I haven't seen any maps for the new transition yet.

dried pasta shrinks
snacks changes A LOT

How much more is energy drinks going to shrink. My store has energy drinks at a 4 ft section >.>

That's them! I also converted my spices to gen3 back in October. My next goal is to convince my ETL that we need them for bagged coffee.
I used those Gen3's for the upscale chocolate during the last transistion (Imma smart guy). But, if we get more in for this transition, I'll talk my TL into using them for the Spices (and the Coffee, if we have enough). Good idea @LogisticsFox

In relation: We're a small volume store with a team of 3 TMs/1 TL on POG. We've been told we're going overnight for this reset. The PMT will be building the end caps (no contractors). We'll probably get the signing TM and 2-3 other TMs who have POG setting skills. For those that have seen the transition notes and whatnot... is this something we'll really need to do, go overnight that is? How big would you say this transition is compared to the last one? That last one, was a monster, but we still did it in one week.

Last edited:
How much more is energy drinks going to shrink. My store has energy drinks at a 4 ft section >.>
I'm going from 8' to 4' and mixers (ours is right next to energy) is going to 8' to fill in the difference.

I used those Gen3's for the upscale chocolate during the last transistion (Imma smart guy). But, if we get more in for this transition, I'll talk my TL into using them for the Spices (and the Coffee, if we have enough). Good idea @LogisticsFox

In relation: We're a small volume store with a team of 3 TMs/1 TL on POG. We've been told we're going overnight for this reset. The PMT will be building the end caps (no contractors). We'll probably get the signing TM and 2-3 other TMs who have POG setting skills. For those that have seen the transition notes and whatnot... is this something we'll really need to do, go overnight that is? How big would you say this transition is compared to the last one? That last one, was a monster, but we still did it in one week.
There's some stores where this will be a huge ordeal and some (like mine) where it will be a complete nuisance. We're on the light side of changes but we're going overnight (myself included) so we don't have to deal with being in the way of guests at all. I wasn't required to help the pog team last year so if that was a monster, this would be a Tarrasque:

190crewlollyljpg.jpg

After a more detailed walk with my ETL, it looks like the big headaches will be beverages (looks like soda shrinks by 12' to make room for ready to drink juice) and italian (My whole 60' aisle swaps and shifts). And of course granola/nutrition bars! Once maps and POGs come in, we'll have a much better idea of what's going on.

I'm going from 8' to 4' and mixers (ours is right next to energy) is going to 8' to fill in the difference.

There's some stores where this will be a huge ordeal and some (like mine) where it will be a complete nuisance. We're on the light side of changes but we're going overnight (myself included) so we don't have to deal with being in the way of guests at all. I wasn't required to help the pog team last year so if that was a monster, this would be a Tarrasque:

190crewlollyljpg.jpg

After a more detailed walk with my ETL, it looks like the big headaches will be beverages (looks like soda shrinks by 12' to make room for ready to drink juice) and italian (My whole 60' aisle swaps and shifts). And of course granola/nutrition bars! Once maps and POGs come in, we'll have a much better idea of what's going on.

Ah, my store's already 4' energy and 8' mixers :D

I just want to ignore this but my pptl never reads anything till it's too late to get a decent overnight crew together. Somebody save me...

I am actually looking forward to the reset. I don't mind the outs because I am hoping the reset would fix all the flexes that people have done in market. I can always create a batch, pull and push for all those outs.

Where can we read this

Are gen 3 dividers the black ones that went in deodorant and actually work?

Yup, and if they think that only upscale candy is getting them, they are completely wrong.

I remember during the last transition coming in as a PA with 15 (literally) Flats to push. It took me and the entirety of Flow about 3-4 hours for us to push 12.

It will be nice to be on the other-side of the time clock for this, this time around.

Yup, and if they think that only upscale candy is getting them, they are completely wrong.

What do you mean? The only department I saw in the manual is the chocolate. are more areas getting them this time around? Or are you saying stores are going to do the conversion on their own?

What do you mean? The only department I saw in the manual is the chocolate. are more areas getting them this time around? Or are you saying stores are going to do the conversion on their own?

I'm tempted to order a bunch with my reasoning being "I didn't realize they were going to send some too us" as I still hold a Signing Newbie card, yet as a PA in my past life, I want them

db5f81770c397c87d0300197f18761fee7536f7e88c57b6335dce895984634ac.jpg

Just do it.. I already converted spices on my own (and hopefully convinced my group director to let all stores do it this way) and after this transition, we'll have chocolate and coffee done. My ETL is aware of my aspirations to get the sauce packet and rice packet and such aisle next time around.

Just do it.. I already converted spices on my own (and hopefully convinced my group director to let all stores do it this way) and after this transition, we'll have chocolate and coffee done. My ETL is aware of my aspirations to get the sauce packet and rice packet and such aisle next time around.

Our Coffee is all new pushers, looks fantastic. I don't understand why they don't use them everywhere, they can't be that much more expensive than those crap plastic ones.

Our Coffee is all new pushers, looks fantastic. I don't understand why they don't use them everywhere, they can't be that much more expensive than those crap plastic ones.
I don't know how much the old ones were but I would say that the average cost per shelf is about $75 with gen 3 but you have to purchase at least 5 fronts and sides to get started.

During the last transition we got pushers for a good bit of the rice packets. It's not Gen3 pushers, but it's not the older style ones either. Sorta like the grocery expandable pushers, but it's fixed width. Not the best, but not the worst. There's also a space on the bottom for a logo sticker (we have Uncle Ben's and Market Pantry).

@BigEyedPhish @PogDog @oath2order @LogisticsFox when I was on vacation I went in a store & they had their ENTIRE HBA -minus vitamins- in the black pushers. Band aids. Tums. Claritin. Cough drops. Triaminic. Contact solution. All of it! Looked sleek. That is my goal! We already have the upscale in black pushers as well as the individual/concentrated drinks. Can't wait for new chip dip holder.

Coffee...... Hmmmmmm. I could maybe sneak that in......
For everyone:
4-5 pallets of fixtures coming in. No idea where that's gonna go... Fun fun fun. And there's NO process team escaping this transition. So start forewarning your buddies. If you are having a "back stocking" problem... you are good . Depending on your volume, 15 pallets of push TO STAGE. BAHAHAHAHA

I need to order more damn pushers everyone is on their A-game and I just switched back to Plano in August I'm finally making my way around to fix the last PTL fuck ups.

Spice is supposed to have them.
Not all areas are doing this then. I went rogue when I changed mine and we're the first store in the group to do it (according to my group director).

when I was on vacation I went in a store & they had their ENTIRE HBA -minus vitamins- in the black pushers. Band aids. Tums. Claritin. Cough drops. Triaminic. Contact solution. All of it! Looked sleek.
Yeah, that would look pretty great. HBA isn't in my coverage but if that ever changes, I'll definitely work in that direction.

Not all areas are doing this then. I went rogue when I changed mine and we're the first store in the group to do it (according to my group director).

Yeah, that would look pretty great. HBA isn't in my coverage but if that ever changes, I'll definitely work in that direction.

Yeah they have it on pog on our spices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back