Archived Grocery transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
here is a pix of the new water wall with pallets ...

waterwall.jpg

So much out of dates and does any store really do freshness Fridays?
We do, not that it helps because they obsess over refrigerated not dry.

We are doing three aisles a night. Chip aisles sucked. Short shelves, running out of sticky dividers, not enough mag bar label holders...my pptl keeps wandering away to do useless tasks.

waterwall.jpg

That may not work in my store, how far the pallets stick out make the isle in my store super tight. Now two carts have to squeeze to pass that wouldn't be possible with this set up.

I'm not loving the look of the water pallets- I feel like there's gotta be some way to make it look a little less like Sams Club or something.

That being said, I've been stuck stocking 40+ big packs of water many, many times...and that's one heck of a workout. This just seems a million times more efficient. A full water wall with less-than-gorgeous pallets looks a lot better than a water wall that's half empty because no one wanted to be the one who has to fill it!

Any other stores decide to use peg hooks instead of magna bars for the nuts?

I'm already taking bets on how long the peg board will hold up under all that weight.

Also the highest row had to go on the very top set of holes so I hope no one under 6' wanted those nuts.

I haven't had a chance to walk around our store to check out how the transition is coming, but from what has come back in backstock I'm guessing that the fruit snacks section is much smaller now. I had a whole tub of fruit snacks come back. We also had about 2 flats of vendor merchandise that was backstock that our receiver was going through.

HELP I'm buried in out of date product (mainly ours because we don't do freshness fridays) and mdse from vendors that had facings reduced or nop.
Same here on the vendor front and I wish I'd followed this thread even just a week ago, could have saved myself and some vendors some grief. This week's been an absolute blast with frustrated vendors who come in and find out we no longer sell half their product or their shelf space has been reduced and now they have two flatbeds of backstock and NOP to deal with. Shitty communication all around.

Then there's the one guy who's pleased because now we carry something of his that sells great. So that's something at least.

waterwall.jpg
Hey backroom team, can one of you please bring a pallet jack out to the water aisle so I can reach an item on the back of the top shelf for a guest?

I'm not loving the look of the water pallets- I feel like there's gotta be some way to make it look a little less like Sams Club or something.

That being said, I've been stuck stocking 40+ big packs of water many, many times...and that's one heck of a workout. This just seems a million times more efficient. A full water wall with less-than-gorgeous pallets looks a lot better than a water wall that's half empty because no one wanted to be the one who has to fill it!
It's only efficient the first time you bring out that full pallet of water. I'd assume they still want it filled throughout the day, and not left alone until it's empty or nearly empty.

So much out of dates and does any store really do freshness Fridays?

Yes. My CTL actually made a schedule breaking down which aisles are done each week. And everyone on the floor does it - market opener, hardlines, softlines, instocks, pricing, even the LOD sometimes.

Oddly, we only do dry market on Freshness Friday. But then again, P-Fresh makes much more use of the SDA and FIFOing.

Any other stores decide to use peg hooks instead of magna bars for the nuts?

I'm already taking bets on how long the peg board will hold up under all that weight.

Also the highest row had to go on the very top set of holes so I hope no one under 6' wanted those nuts.

The little boy in me wants to spell correct you to Dez'

I think Target thinks everyone is 6'2" with how high quite a few of the top shelves and pegs have been in our reset.

Same here on the vendor front and I wish I'd followed this thread even just a week ago, could have saved myself and some vendors some grief. This week's been an absolute blast with frustrated vendors who come in and find out we no longer sell half their product or their shelf space has been reduced and now they have two flatbeds of backstock and NOP to deal with. Shitty communication all around.

Then there's the one guy who's pleased because now we carry something of his that sells great. So that's something at least.
The transition notes had a whole thing for communicating with the vendors. Not only that, but THEY get TOLD by spot and/or their bosses what's not going to be staying. This is stuff I've been told by vendors themselves.

The transition notes had a whole thing for communicating with the vendors. Not only that, but THEY get TOLD by spot and/or their bosses what's not going to be staying. This is stuff I've been told by vendors themselves.
Makes sense to me that there'd be some kind of documentation for that. Now I'm mad that either nobody involved in the transition at my store read that, or they did and didn't think to let the receiver know "hey big changes coming up can you pass the word on to vendors and make sure they're on the same page?" Also pissed at myself for not thinking to get more details on the transition beforehand whereas instead now I'm frantically trying to warn vendors whose product is in an area that hasn't been reset yet.

There are a lot of communication issues at my store and among our vendors it seems. A lot.

Pretty sure they are all supposed to be wooden pallets...why is MP water on a plastic pallet
That MP water pallet looks like one we've used for soda in seasonal. Which I think comes from a vendor maybe? I'm not sure now. Also that just looks like its going to get in the way for a lot of people.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back