Archived GSA rotations..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EagleEye

Executive Team Leader
So there's a recurring problem that I always bring up to my ETLGE and ETLHR and it never seems to get fixed. We have 2 GSAs in my store and we are both on set rotations, but there's a problem. Over the 2 week rotation, the shifts are as follows:

ME:
4 GSA Shifts
2 Cash Office Shifts/Cashier
2 Service Desk Shifts
2 Cashier or Service Desk Shifts(Depends on the need)

THE OTHER GSA:
6 GSA Shifts
2 Cash Office Shifts/Cashier
2 Service Desk Shifts

I don't understand why the other GSA gets 2 more GSA shifts than me, but for the next two weeks on the rotation, not only have I been scheduled only 30 hours, but the other GSA has EIGHT GSA shifts.

The only answer I ever get is "well, the rotation is set in the system".

Any HR mind chiming in?

You can talk to your ETL. There's not really anything that says you have to have the exact same number of GSA shifts as your peers. As long as your weekend and weeknight closing rotations are balanced, anywhere on the front end is fair game. I actually think you're getting a good deal; GSA pay for less responsibility on your Service Desk/Cashier days. But, again, if it bothers you, talk to your ETL.

Seems pretty normal to me, my stores GSA's all get different setups.

ie. Me the past two weeks:

8 GSA shifts

Other GSA:

3 GSA shifts
3 Food Ave Shifts
2 CO/Cashier shifts

You have it great. I was promoted to GSA last December. From December to May, I worked 5 nights a week. 4 of those were service desk, and every Friday night was GSA. I worked every weekend closing for almost 6 months. Then, I finally got trained in the CO and got one CO shift every two weeks, 2 SD shifts, and 2 GSA shifts. It took until July to finally get an equal amount of opening and closing shifts. I'm on LOA right now, but when I went back during the holiday break for 3 weeks, I had 40 hours every week with ZERO closing shifts. My ETL-GE told me she felt bad about me closing so much. Oddly enough, another GSA was giving me shit my last day there for going back on LOA because it meant she had to work 3 weekends in a row, all opening.

Yeah, I was doing all closings all the time, every weekend as well. It got so bad that there were emails printed out and floating around the tsc from the ETL-HR that they had to stop constantly giving me the lousiest shifts all the time.

As long as the number of hours are about the same, for your availabilty, I would let it go. And be thankful you have a set schedule.

I recently closed 6 nights in a row. I teasingly asked our HRTM if I was being punished, next two weeks seem to be much more balanced.

You can talk to your ETL. There's not really anything that says you have to have the exact same number of GSA shifts as your peers. As long as your weekend and weeknight closing rotations are balanced, anywhere on the front end is fair game. I actually think you're getting a good deal; GSA pay for less responsibility on your Service Desk/Cashier days. But, again, if it bothers you, talk to your ETL.
Balanced??? What's that?

When I am scheded for cashier hours I am never on a register. Most of the time, half way through the day someone will say Pink, the schedule says you are cashiering today.
I would love to cashier for a day, even half a day, but that just never happens.

My store has two GSAs, and we rotate between GSA & Service Desk shifts. We used to have only one GSA who would do nothing but GSA shifts, but with two it's good for both of us to have that time away from running the lanes and just doing returns for 7 hours.

as long as closing/opening shifts are pretty balanced, I wouldn't mind. There was a few weeks were me and one other GSA were getting screwed with nothing but closing shifts and no cash office shifts. Turns out another GSA was 'helping' with the schedule and scheduling herself for all of the opening and cash office shifts leaving us to close. That got fixed real quick once we brought it up to the GSTL. Now the GSTL tries to balance everybody with rotating weekends, every other weekend off, and at least 1 opening GSA, 1 closing GSA, one cash office shift each week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back