Guest say the darndest (dumbest) things

or guest service

I'm always a bit miffed when a guest comes up to the service desk, asking us to check for an item in the back. For the most part, my SDTMs can't leave to go hunt something down. They're not as trained in the backroom as the regular salesfloor TMs. They're just going to call on the walkie for someone else to grab it and even that is a challenge sometimes. I can't help but think a guest has waited in line only to be told we're OOS (something anyone on the salesfloor could have told them in a few seconds) or that we have it in-stock and then wait for another TM to bring it up (something that would've happened much quicker had they asked a salesfloor TM for help in the first place).

It's no real fault of the guest since we put out this idea that service desk is the go-to place for all guest questions. So, I help them with a smile but I can't help but to think that it's an incredibly inefficient process.

I'm always a bit miffed when a guest comes up to the service desk, asking us to check for an item in the back. For the most part, my SDTMs can't leave to go hunt something down. They're not as trained in the backroom as the regular salesfloor TMs. They're just going to call on the walkie for someone else to grab it and even that is a challenge sometimes. I can't help but think a guest has waited in line only to be told we're OOS (something anyone on the salesfloor could have told them in a few seconds) or that we have it in-stock and then wait for another TM to bring it up (something that would've happened much quicker had they asked a salesfloor TM for help in the first place).

It's no real fault of the guest since we put out this idea that service desk is the go-to place for all guest questions. So, I help them with a smile but I can't help but to think that it's an incredibly inefficient process.
This is sorta one of my sins. If I don't have a zebra and I have no clue where someone with a zebra is and someone wants to know if another store has a size that we don't have in stock I tell them to take the wrong size up to GS and they can check. Faster for the guest than hunting down someone on the sales floor that has a zebra.

Unless your store have an issue with scanning stuff out, the backroom counts on mywork should be relatively accurate. Check there, then call BRTM to bring up item.

THIS!!!! My other beef, when someone from SL sends a guest to GS to order something online.

My favorite is when the screen tells them to remove the card and they stare at me and say, it says to remove my card. Yes, remove the card. The American public sucks at reading comprehension.
THIS!!!!!! "Should I remove my card?" no Susan I just have the card reader display that for fun

or when they just put in their card and they go IS IT ON THERE? well I don't know I have to scan the item first
You guys have MyCheckout, we don't.
we don't always at my store.

You guys have MyCheckout, we don't.
Depends if it is working. If not, we have to use the MyDevice and either set them up an account or have them sign into their account. The SLTM would do the same thing I would have to do. Except, they were working with the guest in the first place and most of the time there are more than one of them. Usually there is one at GS and I often do not have 5 to 10 minutes to place an order.

I had a guest waiting for her son to try things on in the fitting room, when he was ready he tried to get her attention by calling for her, understandably a little awkward to walk out of the fitting room entirely, but she was seemingly preoccupied staring off into the distance after like 30 seconds when I noticed she wasn't hearing him I kindly I let her know her son was calling for her. When she looked back my way she asked me and my coworker at the fitting room if we were playing "ocean sounds" in our store. My coworker and I looked at each other confused and told her that we weren't..

It was just the sound of the maintenance crew vacuuming that she was fascinated by.

SQUIRREL !!!!! (those ocean squirrels are the worst)

Unless your store have an issue with scanning stuff out, the backroom counts on mywork should be relatively accurate. Check there, then call BRTM to bring up item.

We don't have backroom team. My STL has wholeheartedly embraced end-to-end so no daytime backroom. We have to call salesfloor TMs to grab things from the back. It would just be quicker for them to ask a salesfloor TM in the first place.

Yes, the old did you find it on my card? No, I need to scan the item

My favorite is when they try and tell you the date, time, and other items they purchased as well. Like no Suzie, I'm not pulling up your card history. I'm looking for the item itself.

Also when you tell the guest to insert their card and they slide it instead. "It's not working" I would have said to slide it if I wanted you to slide it honey.

LOL she told me that’s what she’s not looking for she wanted a separate bag that lets you put one plate at a time then they can stack each plate seperetly

We don't have backroom team. My STL has wholeheartedly embraced end-to-end so no daytime backroom. We have to call salesfloor TMs to grab things from the back. It would just be quicker for them to ask a salesfloor TM in the first place.
That would be if the guest can find a sales floor TM. There's been times where a guest has asked me for help with something most of the way across the store because they had been wandering around all over looking for help and didn't see anyone before they got to me. In the name of the Almighty Hours sales floor coverage is pretty thin. Take into account most of the hours going to E2E stuff, it's bare bones staffing starting early afternoon to close.

Can I point out that pm would probably have been better because now everyone will be looking?

GSTM calls me over to SD for assistance with a guest

Guest: I bought a stroller here and I found it at another Target for $30 cheaper, I want a $30 discount from here
Me (Training GSA): Sure, could I see your raincheck with the price from the other location?
Guest: I don't have a receipt or anything, it was just there for cheaper
Me: Unfortunately I can only price match if I can see the price from the other location, I could also price-match Target.com if it is cheaper online.
Guest: Well that's just ridiculous, why can't you price match the other location?
Me: I can only price match if I can see the price from the other location. If you'd like to bring the stroller in, we could also do a return if that would be more convenient for you.
Guest: It's already out of the box and assembled, if you think I'm taking it apart and shoving it back in the box you're fucking crazy.
Me: I'm sorry ma'am, I understand it must be frustrating, but my only options are to price match to Target.com, price match to another store with proof of price at the other location, or to return it for you so that you could purchase it at the other location for the lower price
Guest: Are you the store manager?
Me: No, I am not.
Guest (to my GSTM): I asked for A MANAGER!
GSTM: Well, he's MY manager (it was perfectly polite, but also had the right amount of sass in it)
Guest (to me): Well I want your manager
Me: Certainly *Walkies for my GSTL*
GSTL comes over and is basically like...yeah what he said. Basically gave her the number to guest relations and told her to pound sand. Felt good to have both GSTM and GSTL back me up since I'm new and training as GSA.

Back