Archived Guests with Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would never touch a gun that was in the Target store that I worked at. Can you smell "setup"? Not gonna go down for stupid shit.

Concealed carry is legal in every single state now. There used to be a few hold outs, but no more. So you've probably had guests with guns come through, but since they are concealed, you wouldn't know it (and I try not to think about it).

Open carry is legal in most states. If I see a guest with a gun, I will be on the other side of the store until they leave. Sorry, but not sorry.
Not where I come from.. They are rarely given to ordinary citizens and other places it's only in rural counties and is only valid in rural county and pistol permits are issued on a May-issue basis (whatever that means)
From what I have read, the northeast seems to be different than most other states..
We had the gun nuts come in our store on my day off. Regular carry concealed or exposed handgun doesn't bother me.

But the jackass at Wal-Mart who bumped into me in the ice cream aisle-while I had my head in the cooler to reach the tub if cotton candy in the back of the shelf...went right up to the customer service desk and asked to speak to the manager on duty and asked them to call the local pd (who has a satellite office in the store vestibule). You DO NOT bump into a stranger with your cheap looking glock knock off.

There was lots of talk during the protests about how none of our guests would carry a gun, but just because you've never seen someone with a handgun doesn't mean they aren't carrying one. Hubby carries concealed in our state when he needs to. Open in others since he only has a concealed permit for our own state. You'd never know unless his jacket blows around and it's not concealed.

The other night at huddle, we were told that Target's policy is to comply with state gun laws. Here in NY, we don't have open carry, but concealed carry is legal.

Quiz Time: What are you supposed to do if you find a gun in the store?

I have no idea what the right answer is. What I would do, since I have NO training in firearms and have no desire to ever touch a gun, is that I would assume it's loaded, call ap (or more likely the LOD since ap hours are nearly non-existent) and have them come over and deal with it. I would not leave it unguarded and would wait until someone else could take it so a kiddo couldn't get ahold of it.

We have a winner! If you find a gun in the store, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING IT. Call the LOD and/or Hardlines 4, and they will contact law enforcement to come pick it up. The store absolutely cannot be responsible for it.

Honestly, the only time you should hold a gun is if you're about to be killed and it's your only option to save your life.

The other night at huddle, we were told that Target's policy is to comply with state gun laws. Here in NY, we don't have open carry, but concealed carry is legal.

Quiz Time: What are you supposed to do if you find a gun in the store?

I have no idea what the right answer is. What I would do, since I have NO training in firearms and have no desire to ever touch a gun, is that I would assume it's loaded, call ap (or more likely the LOD since ap hours are nearly non-existent) and have them come over and deal with it. I would not leave it unguarded and would wait until someone else could take it so a kiddo couldn't get ahold of it.

We have a winner! If you find a gun in the store, DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING IT. Call the LOD and/or Hardlines 4, and they will contact law enforcement to come pick it up. The store absolutely cannot be responsible for it.

Seems silly. It's a gun, it won't bite you, putting it in a locked service desk drawer till the police arrive seems like such a better use of resources than having someone stand there and watch it till police can arrive.

Only potential issue there is fingerprint contamination.

Ad me to the club of "let me know when they're gone, I'll be in the back room." when it comes to anyone carrying a rifle in my store. I don't care if it's a right- Joe Blow off the streets is not making me safer with his AR-15. I'm much better off nope-ing out of the whole situation.

I'm in an open carry state and we have quite a few people come in with handguns, and in the 4 years I've been there I've never heard of a complaint. Thankfully we haven't had any guns-rights idiots with semi-autos on their backs trying to protest.

Ad me to the club of "let me know when they're gone, I'll be in the back room." when it comes to anyone carrying a rifle in my store. I don't care if it's a right- Joe Blow off the streets is not making me safer with his AR-15. I'm much better off nope-ing out of the whole situation.

Yep...I figure my chances of getting shot by someone are much higher if they have a gun.

Degreaser? I'm using bleach in my super soaker.

I personally prefer this method:

far-side-hcl-600x757.jpg

Sorry it's so big, I couldn't find a smaller version of it.

The weird thing about all this is the fact that at my store, in market, above the beer cooler, is a sign stating that it is against state law to carry a weapon into an establishment that sells or serves alcohol. So...I don't even know how to explain that.

Last edited:
The weird thing about all this is the fact that at my store, in market, above the beer cooler, is a sign stating that it is against state law to carry a weapon into an establishment that sells or serves alcohal. So...I don't even know how to explain that.

Hmm, tried googling to find if that's the case in any state, but as far as I am aware this is only true for places where it is legal for alcohol to actually be consumed, ie. a pub, not a grocery store.

For example, Texas law states handguns are illegal:

• In the premises of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which derives 51% or more of its income from the sale of alcoholic beverages and has a conspicuous warning prohibiting firearms, if posted.

Last edited:
@Reshop Ninja, I am fairly certain that sign is wrong. Google "against state law to carry a weapon into an establishment that sells alcohol" and then add your state.

I am in an open carry state also. I personally don't mind if someone is carrying. We sell wine and beer, no hard liquor and they can carry in our stores.

Anybody noticing an uptick in fine citizens excersizing the most important right lately?

Just these two ATM:
4-year-old fatally shoots himself at child care provider's home
Uber Driver Shot By Vet Accused Of Firing 15 Rounds At Car
Texas also wants to allow 'constitutional carry', meaning gun owners would no longer be required to undergo a safety course, background check & acquire a permit to carry - openly or otherwise.
I certainly hope it becomes reality! 3 out of the 4 states with the lowest levels of violent crime are constitutional carry states.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back