Archived Guests with Guns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah so that's the evolution of the gun debate then, constitutional carry.

Disregarding the whole "well-regulated" aspect, what are the 4 states?

I've been pretty successful avoiding places with open carry but this new law will make that even more difficult.

Vermont, Maine, Wyoming, New Hampshire

I don't think the guns have much to do with the rate of violent crime in those states. Wyoming is ranked the lowest for population. Vermont is ranked 49. Maine is 42. New Hampshire is ranked 41.

The guns might have an affect on the crime but these are states with a combined total population of about 3,876,369. Hell the county I live in has more people in it than Vermont and Wyoming

There shouldn't be a debate, the 2nd amendment is quite clear.

Yes, it does state "well-regulated".

Last edited:
Is that a real question?
Yes, it is.
If people debated the 'right' to health care as vigorously as the right to carry, the right to religious freedom, the right to protest, etc maybe health care could take its place among deserved rights.
I don't think the guns have much to do with the rate of violent crime in those states. Wyoming is ranked the lowest for population. Vermont is ranked 49. Maine is 42. New Hampshire is ranked 41.
And Texas is 2 & a border state to boot.

Income plays a huge role, too. Not many ghettos in these states.

Anybody know if Target has taken a stance on the open carry of firearms in stores?

I know there is a vast divide on gun opinions in this country, and each state has its own law regarding the legal carrying of weapons (concealed, open)

Just wondering if anyone has ever seen a guest with a firearm in their store, and what was your reaction?
Nice giant sign as required by Texas law that says we allow closed carry but not open.

This thread is so foreign to me. I have never lived anywhere that people can carry guns. Do you really mean that people walk around with guns in holsters? Exposed so the world can see? Where are these places? If I saw that I would be shocked because its something that is so out of place to me.

I don't think legally carrying guns around here would be a good idea. People around here go off the handle at the littlest thing, I would hate to see what would happen if they all had guns..we would have a store full of dead and or injured people.
Yes to the first part.

As to the second part I could fill the page with links that show why it is a very good thing to have armed people wandering around. The best is it creates a deterrent as no one wants to get shot

Ad me to the club of "let me know when they're gone, I'll be in the back room." when it comes to anyone carrying a rifle in my store. I don't care if it's a right- Joe Blow off the streets is not making me safer with his AR-15. I'm much better off nope-ing out of the whole situation.
Military. I know how to handle that. So it doesnt bother me.

Hmm, tried googling to find if that's the case in any state, but as far as I am aware this is only true for places where it is legal for alcohol to actually be consumed, ie. a pub, not a grocery store.

For example, Texas law states handguns are illegal:

• In the premises of an establishment licensed to dispense alcoholic beverages for consumption on the premises, which derives 51% or more of its income from the sale of alcoholic beverages and has a conspicuous warning prohibiting firearms, if posted.
we sell it not serve it. St
Ah so that's the evolution of the gun debate then, constitutional carry.

Disregarding the whole "well-regulated" aspect, what are the 4 states?
Define a militia.
Because it is basically a group of people who know how to use a gun in 1780s.

Why is it a 'right' to carry a gun but health care is a 'privilege'?
Because according to Miss USA, you dont need a job to have a gun but you do need one to get health care (unless you are undocumented)

One day there was a guest who was carrying a "gun", holstered open carry and easily able to view. I noticed him walking around electronics and asked AP if it was allowed - they said that it was ok but not preferred, and that they would keep an eye on them. What i noticed, was that he was casing out electronics. He was walking around, and also this was around 9PM. He walked through baby world to the front, then i notice that he came back later.. 10 minutes or so. Ended up taking some beats ($100 pair, that literally collected dust) and some other junk, he pushed the beats out of the spider wrap and off the locking peg. He got arrested, it was a BB gun, end of story haha.

I certainly hope it becomes reality! 3 out of the 4 states with the lowest levels of violent crime are constitutional carry states.

There is one problem there.
Alaska, my fine state of crazy, has it and we have one of the highest violent crime rates per capita.
There are others in the top 15 states for crime, Arkansa is #9, Missouri is #11, Oklahoma is # 14, and Texas is #15.
Florida with very loose concealed carry laws and very strong 'stand your ground' laws ranks at #5.

Here's the thing, I grew up with guns.
I believe in the right for people to own and carry guns.
I don't believe they are magic wands that solve problems.
They don't fix crime, they never have, they never will.

If you are trained, skilled and have practiced, a gun is a good tool to use for protection.
If you don't know what you are doing a gun is a danger to you and everyone else.
Letting people conceal carry without training is not good.

Everyone at the very least should have to take a class as to what time to use a gun is appropriate.
For that matter it would be nice if they learned about basic back stops.
I am constantly amazed at people who fire a gun with no real idea of where the bullet will stop.
You pulled the fucking trigger, you are responsible for everything that bullet does.

The least populated states with the lowest levels of crime, no way!?!

The guns might have an affect on the crime but these are states with a combined total population of about 3,876,369. Hell the county I live in has more people in it than Vermont and Wyoming

Per capita, not total.
Violent Crime Rate By State

as long as people are not doing anything illegal or irresponsible I am fine with it. I support the 2nd amendment 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back