Archived has anyone else seen the new vibe stuff?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I don't exactly know what you guys are seeing at the stores related to this, but aren't you making this more of a bigger deal than it really is?

Target always has buzz words. I want to "status" with you. This was a "win". This BS has always been around. The fact they now have a new buzz word - "amazing" - doesn't seem like a big deal.

But they did a better job of actually pushing "buzz words" before because even though it was a cliche, it meant something to a degree. "Amazing" really means nothing. its like renaming the "home" brand as "threshold" its the same stuff in a new wrapper.

Did the "Vibe" meeting yesterday, STL didnt even try to sell it, read the script, watched the stupid ass video,read a little more then told us to have a nice day. Another great example of target wasting money

I am supposed to show this at the new hire orientations - can I bring Tums?

Do you have to read the presentation materials that the ETL's had to?
If so, I'm really sorry and suggest a shot or two before hand.

a shot sounds good - I guess I have to check what my script will be.

of course the ETL's won't be involved in the orientation

God forbid they should have any involvement.

If I read any more of those crappy Vibe cards (aka: do it yourself GTCs), I may take a shot to the head.

I was told today when I went in really quickly to pick one thing up that those vibe cards are going to be kept and used at our reviews. We were also told in our meeting that we can and should fill the cards out for ourselves. I had discussed a thing that had happened the night before with a guest and asked if I should have filled out a card on myself...yup. Well I said it was ridiculous because I was only doing my job....and I stand by that...it's ridiculous to spend 10 minutes off the floor writing cards to MYSELF about doing my job properly!!

This.

I will not write cards for myself.
Didn't want to use the damnable things at all but I still want to recognize good things my coworkers do so I'm stuck with them.

Last edited:
They like to add these buzzwords in to make things exciting. And to be honestly, the store I'm in as always been "amazing." We are a ULV store, so we can make a little bit of time to go out of our way to help. The only difference now is I have to hear "Amazing" every single day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back