Archived Help me explain this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are training sales floor team members presentation for the last few weeks. I am clearly not getting through to a few team members on how to set a reverse POG. Can someone please give me an easy way to explain it, so a 5 year old can understand it?

It took me a bit to really get it. I'm assuming they understand left side from the main is standard and the right is reverse, so is it reading the pog in standard but needing to set it in reverse?

Are they getting the pogs printed in reverse? I know they don't all have that option but if you can teach them how to print them out that way it will be a lot easier. The mental gymnastics involved in setting a standard pog in reverse is only fun once you're getting it. :p

I was barely getting it in the beginning when we reset books. Now that really fucked me up!! :confused::D

Thats for sure. With E2E everyone has to be trained on everything....

So let's see a softlines TM build a bike, backstock freight, pull a batch and learn how to zone infant hardlines

GO

nah...dont exaggerate, youre teaching your successors or future team members who will be designated to presentation at some point lol we arent teaching everyone everything hahaha I wish

So let's see a softlines TM build a bike, backstock freight, pull a batch and learn how to zone infant hardlines

GO

nah...dont exaggerate, youre teaching your successors or future team members who will be designated to presentation at some point lol we arent teaching everyone everything hahaha I wish
Aside from the bike building, our SL team can do all of that.

I always start by explaining if the main aisle is to your right it is a reverse aisle so an easy way to remember is "Right Reverse." Then I explain that to set it think of it as a mirror image of what it would look like set in a standard aisle. It is easier to demonstrate this on the shelves, peg hooks are definitely trickier. Maybe try telling them the single letters always start closest to the main aisle, then move to the double letters?

You can print the pog in reverse, but there is not always time to do that and honestly, doing it that way always threw me off and confused me. Apparently I learn better when it's more complicated, lol.

Seriously? I'm primarily an SL tm but have done all of the above except building bikes. I have also run the front end, done SFS and flexes, instocks, food ave, pricing, pog, built shippers, and run the SL team when there was no leadership on the floor. Let's see you do all that.

I have had shifts in backroom, fitting room, softline ,hardline, cash office , pog , VA, flexible fullfilement , pricing , research , signing , CA , cashier , guest service , beauty , electronics , ad set , ad prep ...
I just set in reverse the basic for boys and girl by myself ! I had so much fun !!!
But my primary center is flow softline ...

We are training sales floor team members presentation for the last few weeks. I am clearly not getting through to a few team members on how to set a reverse POG. Can someone please give me an easy way to explain it, so a 5 year old can understand it?

I can understand your frustration OP.
Considering I have seen long time Plano team members screw up that very same issue I really can't help.

Instead of explaining to them, have them do one with you while you are breathing down their necks. It's not hard once they "see" it. Also , with reverse pogs the pegs are your main concern, the label strips as you know can be just flipped over.

Instead of explaining to them, have them do one with you while you are breathing down their necks. It's not hard once they "see" it. Also , with reverse pogs the pegs are your main concern, the label strips as you know can be just flipped over.

Omg, so true!! Reverse pogs with pegs suck!!! It was in toys where I was given multiple pogs, all reverse, lotsa pegs and no reverse printing option. Definite strong uptick in pog skills that day!!

Lol this is why whenever I'm scheduled for Presentation, I get someone to cover the shift. Very happy doing flow thank you very much

From another thread:
Stand in your aisle, face back wall. Turn to the aisle on left...start at main raceway and write your name in the air. If you can start your name at main raceway, it is standard. Turn to your right aisle and write your name in the air...note, you start writing at the back wall and head towards main raceway....that is a reverse aisle. Works everytime! And yes, back walls are always standard!
Thanks
whatever2009

From another thread:
Just look at the shelf positions on the labels (eg. 1-3-3)

If the first position 1 is in the logical starting place for the section, you probably set it correctly. If things seem to be going backwards, you set it backwards. Remember, obviously, that the label is always on the leftmost side of the product.

sig100.png

The way I teach someone to set a reverse aisle is I walk them down an already set reverse aisle and standard aisle. We look at the schematic numbering and then go to the aisle to be set. If it's pegs, I have them just start by "counting out" the ABCs backwards (from the reverse lead in not from Z!) Then have them start setting the pegs. It seems to click for most.

Thank you everyone for your replies. I really do think there are some people it really is a waste of time and mentally frustrating to try to train. They are great team members for service but they just don't "get" processes no matter how simple I make it. Just like there are some kick ass backroom/logistics team members who really are not great with service.Not that they are rude but they just are uncomfortable interacting with the public.

From another thread:
Stand in your aisle, face back wall. Turn to the aisle on left...start at main raceway and write your name in the air. If you can start your name at main raceway, it is standard. Turn to your right aisle and write your name in the air...note, you start writing at the back wall and head towards main raceway....that is a reverse aisle. Works everytime! And yes, back walls are always standard!
Thanks
whatever2009

Except back walls are not ALWAYS standard. There are exceptions in some stores on certain pogs based on what corporate wants closest to a main aisle. But as a general rule, it is sound.

Last edited:
The way I teach someone to set a reverse aisle is I walk them down an already set reverse aisle and standard aisle. We look at the schematic numbering and then go to the aisle to be set. If it's pegs, I have them just start by "counting out" the ABCs backwards (from the reverse lead in not from Z!) Then have them start setting the pegs. It seems to click for most.

You know you've become a Plano pro when you can, in fact, count the alphabet backwards starting with Z. :eek:

A few suggestions that helped me train my newbies:

1. Order some "battleships" they are amazing tools for plano. The device locks on top on the gondola has the pegs listed (both standard and in reverse) and match up with the hole on the board and a drop down tape measure. All the team has to do is match. No real thinking on their part and no real frustration for you.
2. Teach them how to print the plano in reverse (as suggested).
3. I wrote (in pencil, so I could just wipe it away) the reverse alphabet in the first section at top, so they got a visual picture of what they are doing and why and also a reference point.
It can be tough or really just hard for some to wrap their head around the concept.

Sending you good luck and some patience.

Not that hard. Baby headlines is the easiest to zone, the only thing that makes it tough is that there is far more inventory and far more teeny hiding spaces for the guest who changed his mind about the cell phone cover. Same with backstock, in fact it's nice that I can send back what doesn't fit in the designated spot instead of having to cram 30 dresses on one arm. A bicycle can't be too hard to figure out if there's instructions. I buy "put it together yourself" furniture whenever I need something at home, pull out the toolbag, and half an hour later I've got a 7 foot cat tree or 6 foot entertainment center or whatever, so I'm sure I could build a bike no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back