I'm Lost! Help with Cafe TM job acceptance process.

Hello peeps!

I just recently got the call that I got the job as a Cafe Team Leader at Target!

So story time,
I initially applied for the Food and Beverage Team Lead, but they said they had a Cafe TM position opening up within the month available . . incomes COVID-19 and the Starbucks is closed for the time being.
My HR told me that she would send me an acceptance/offer letter via this week. He said something like. "Since you applied for the FBTM and we already filled that position, that I will have to go back into our system and rekindle your old application."

I guess I'm just excited and confused by the whole process. She did also say my orientation would be May 7th - 10th which is in 3 weeks. I have NOT signed any paperwork, so it doesnt feel offical yet.

If anyone has any insight or questions, be sure to ask! Thanks everyone.

Thank you, I'm excited to start. I just havn't signed any paperwork yet. I was just told on the phone that I got the job and I should wait for an email within the week. I'm very impatient with this kinda stuff. Haha!

original.gif

Hey, @redeye58 got a newbie here who needs to be let down easy on what it's like to run a cafe.

Does your store also have a Starbucks?
SB corp has tentatively set a date to reopen SB in early May but I haven't heard when Cafe might reopen.
The good thing about all this is that you can take advantage of the closure to start your desk training & there's a LOT of desk training you'll need to do.
Does your cafe have Pizza Hut or a different menu?

Thank you, thank you!

It just has a Starbucks. No Pizzahut or food court area.
That is true. I'm just excited to start but I haven't signed any paperwork or gotten an offer letter. It was all over the phone. She told me that orientation would be in 2-3 weeks.
She was saying how they have to find my application through Workday and resubmit it. It seemed super weird, but I did initially apply for the FBTL, and they were splitting the job into two positions.

Has anyone heard of this long wait time for an orientation or job offer letter?

They’re probably waiting for a few more people to clear a background check to host orientation. Plus the area you’re hiring into isn’t open just yet, so they might be waiting to see if they have a more concrete time frame of when it will open.

Your job offer letter will simply be an email. Once you accept the offer in the email you’ll receive two emails from Career Builders, open both of them. One will be your link to initiate a background check, the other will be your unique password for that background check. You only have 5 days to start your background check after you accept the position, then the password expires and the whole process has to be initiated again.

As far as “finding” your application.. It is an easy process to reactivate an application (officially they’re called job requisitions, but that’s just semantics) but as a TL offer you’ll likely need the HR (E)TL to complete it. As an HRE I can only do so much with anyone’s anything above my paygrade. If the Leader isn’t in to complete it you’ll have to wait for them to be back in the office or the HRBP (district level HR) to complete your offer.

I cannot tell you anything about your position or what it will entail as far as your day to day operations, but I can help all you’d like with the hiring process 😊

Thank you @JAShands
Most insightful! I've just never had a process take so long. Part of me was thinking that it was COVID-19 but the other part of me just didn't know the procedure. I'm so used to jobs wanting me to start working ASAP!
Plus I'm one of those people where if I haven't signed any paperwork then I don't think it's happening. I'll call the HR this Wednesday or Thursday to check up maybe?

Thank you for the insight! :D

I'm confused so you got the team member position not team leader position, correct? And you are hired for Starbucks not cafe (since you dont even have a cafe ie. pizza hut), correct?

Anyways welcome!

@SugarSugar So sorry, I got the job as a team leader. Getting used to the terminology.

UPDATE- I got the job offer today and they want me to start May 8th! :)
So you’re a Starbucks Team Leader, although officially it’s just called “Food Service Team Leader. Feel free to join us in the Starbucks thread under the Leadership forum if you have any questions!

Yeah, its just confusing because I'm only in charge of the Starbucks, because there is no pizza or food court.
Also they already filled the regular FBTL position . . . and they told me they were splitting the responsibilities into two positions . . . I don't know haha!

Back