Archived HL TMs you have my respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

HRZone

Former ETL HR
We had a lot of callouts today so I got asked to help hardlines. I am so glad its over. How do you guys do your job with no equipment?

Reshop I looked like a n00b using the end of aisle scanner and I got yelled at for not backing up when I dont even have a walkie!!! And everytime you get on a roll someone ask you if you can help them find a certain type of Christmas item.

I use to think hardlines was one of the easier positions in the store. I really admire the work you guys put in.

We had a lot of callouts today so I got asked to help hardlines. I am so glad its over. How do you guys do your job with no equipment?

Reshop I looked like a n00b using the end of aisle scanner and I got yelled at for not backing up when I dont even have a walkie!!! And everytime you get on a roll someone ask you if you can help them find a certain type of Christmas item.

I use to think hardlines was one of the easier positions in the store. I really admire the work you guys put in.

Try doing market/pfresh without a mydevice and having to BEG for one every freaking day. Not like I have a need for a mydevice in Pfresh or anything...nope...just goofing around all day obviously...I have so much time to zone :)

At my store my pfresh is on the opposite side of the store where our backroom is and I have to go out the door that leads into mini seasonal/seasonal and sporting goods so you can imagine how fun doing Market is without a mydevice this time of year when you constantly are bombarded by people needing help that isnt market related

For some reason I have a Hardlines shift next week, not looking forward to it whatsoever. There's a reason why I moved to the backroom, and that was to get away from guests. I think I'm going to have to come up with any excuse possible to be in the back that day.

One of the only times that I will ever pray to have the backroom TM call out.

The funny thing is that I would rather be in Electronics. No backup, yes please.

The funny thing is that I would rather be in Electronics. No backup, yes please.

Electronics and mobile/tech have been called to back up in my store, more often than should make sense. But yeah, guests make it impossible to get tasks done, and no recourse but to shrug and say that's the job, but leadership still gets on you for doing less.

Ha. Now go try softlines. with no PDA/MyDevice. and answer the phones. work the fitting room. process returns. pick up sh!t off the floor. zone shoes. pick up more sh!t off the floor. fold some tables. put away 6 z racks. fold the same tables, again. help with freight. help Great Aunt Marge find the perfect gift for the kid she's never met, and has no idea about his/her age or height. and go get your pull from the BR.

:)

I've worked Hardlines ever since I was hired, so I'm used to the chaos. Only thing that bugs me is neurotic guests that need everything done for them, or guests that don't even bother to look for something before demanding I help them. I'm also the "Dedicated" backup-responder for the lanes and it's annoying, because I'll be the only hardlines TM when there's 3 soft-lines ladies who are told to stay back when they go up twice in a row when I've gone up at least 5 in a row. It's even worse when I've got pulls that need to go out to fill out's on the floor and everybody is screaming for my help over the walkies.
My usual day at work consists of this.
145616963616870669.jpg

Thanks for helping out on the floor!!

Now give electronics a shot ;3

Thanks, not saying electronics is easy but I feel you are much more setup for success.

I did Electronics Thanksgiving Day. It is challenging but our Target Mobile/Tech gal is super helpful so shes like another employee. Our old dude used to refuse to help guest unless they were buying a phone.

Also with electronics you get a key and LOD says we have to have at least one mydevice and one walkie at the electronics boat.

At my store sometimes our Hardlines TMs dont even get a BOX Cutter for the right hand!!! We got right handed people with left handed box cutters.

I will have to get some on SAP

I like working the floor. Helping guests is always a pleasant experience for me. I do not like being on a register though.

I dont imagine its bad but helping guest with no equipment is terribly unfair.

Do you guys sell zip ties?

"Well gee, I dont even have a walkie to ask my team. Lets walk the aisles until I find someone "

Ha. Now go try softlines. with no PDA/MyDevice. and answer the phones. work the fitting room. process returns. pick up sh!t off the floor. zone shoes. pick up more sh!t off the floor. fold some tables. put away 6 z racks. fold the same tables, again. help with freight. help Great Aunt Marge find the perfect gift for the kid she's never met, and has no idea about his/her age or height. and go get your pull from the BR.

:)

Being a little higher volume softlines at my store is a lot different. They are always "with a guest" when we need backup. And someone is specifically assigned to fitting room and answering the phones.

Now their job is tough too but our store setup the softlines area is very small so help is never too far away.

I can pretty much tell a guest or another TM either exactly where something is or the general aisles it'll be around. I've only been at my store 2 years but being HL for a lot of that, plus being SFS for over a year, really helped me memorize where stuff is. I just don't get how there are TMs that have been at my store since we opened 10 years ago, and they can't work without equipment. Like other TMs who have been there before me will point guests at me and will be all, "She will probably know" lol. Unless it actually is weird that I know the store like that... :oops:

I can pretty much tell a guest or another TM either exactly where something is or the general aisles it'll be around. I've only been at my store 2 years but being HL for a lot of that, plus being SFS for over a year, really helped me memorize where stuff is. I just don't get how there are TMs that have been at my store since we opened 10 years ago, and they can't work without equipment. Like other TMs who have been there before me will point guests at me and will be all, "She will probably know" lol. Unless it actually is weird that I know the store like that... :oops:
I think it's pretty easy to figure out general locations, especially if you shopped there prior to working there. However, if someone asked you where something is and you were immediately like "that's in aisle D15 on the left side" that'd be a little weird :p

I think it's pretty easy to figure out general locations, especially if you shopped there prior to working there. However, if someone asked you where something is and you were immediately like "that's in aisle D15 on the left side" that'd be a little weird :p
ummmmmmmmmmmmm not gonna lie I've responded that way before

Thanks, not saying electronics is easy but I feel you are much more setup for success.

I did Electronics Thanksgiving Day. It is challenging but our Target Mobile/Tech gal is super helpful so shes like another employee. Our old dude used to refuse to help guest unless they were buying a phone.

Also with electronics you get a key and LOD says we have to have at least one mydevice and one walkie at the electronics boat.

At my store sometimes our Hardlines TMs dont even get a BOX Cutter for the right hand!!! We got right handed people with left handed box cutters.

I will have to get some on SAP
Man I would love your electronics lmao

I come in like

boy I hope I get a walkie
oh man I hope there's a Mydevice or PDA
shit I have to close by myself and have 4 hours to zone and pray toys doesn't look like a tornado hit
oh welp looks like I have to do this domestics CAF lol fuck

Helped an old woman and old man today while picking a flex, reconnect their smart phone to cartwheel. She could not figure out why it wouldnt connect to the server, (she didnt have any data left) so i helped her put it onto the "guest wifi" connected fine, she was very grateful and he looked like he was ready to gtfo of the store haha

That is huge. Some of my our TLs are called walking PDAs. Unfortunately without an equipment you cant answer questions like "Is it on the truck tonight" or "Is there any in the back"

That is huge. Some of my our TLs are called walking PDAs. Unfortunately without an equipment you cant answer questions like "Is it on the truck tonight" or "Is there any in the back"
Price checker becomes your friend. Most of my checkers, you can input the dpci & get your answer in or out of stock.. The merch button is useless right now.

At my store for some reason CASHIERS decide they need MyDevices and Walkies and we're always out... wtf? Cashiers do NOT need them.

One day I decided I'd go up to one who was on a lane waiting for someone to walk in and she had a MyDevice and a Walkie and I went up to her and asked if she was using them and if not if I could have at least her walkie.
Her response?
"Sorry, they might put me out on Hardlines today, you just never know. I'm off in an hour anyways so I'll give it to you then."

.... seriously lol. I wish I was joking when I say at least 1/4 of my cashiers feel the need to either grab a walkie and/or a mydevice. Just.. why? When management asks why there isn't any equipment, lets take a look at our cashiers lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back