Archived How can I maintain a healthy work-life balance with target?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I started working here a month ago as hardlines. I like the job cuz it isnt fast food or cashier work and the min. wage is $15. I get mostly praise except when my TL is constantly telling me what to do even though i am already doing it as fast as I can. Anyways i take 15 units at college too. I typically work 25-30 hrs a week. How can i maintain a healthy work life balance? I tend to think about work too much and it isnt my life, I dont plan to work here any more for a year and its only purpose is so i can save $10,000 so i can move to the UK for grad school. I sometimes almost feel pressure to work a day I was given not to work, even tho its an "available" day. How can I seperate my study life with working at target? Thank you!!

Maybe cut your hours down to 20. And it's retail, so really no reason to worry or think about it once you clock out and leave the store. Also, learn to say no...as in if they call you to come in on your day off, don't. It's okay. They will survive and your sanity will stay intact.

Clopens give you no family life. I hope you are single and alone.

Finishing school is the most important thing. If you can work at Target and still have the time you need for school, then working at Target is fine. Just remember that you are there to earn money to pursue your dreams, not to spend every spare moment trying to make Target leadership happy, which is impossible anyway. While you are at work do your best, and when you step out that door, forget about it. If you don’t want to go in on your day off, don’t go. If you don’t want to say no, don’t answer your phone. When whoever makes your schedule writes the schedule, they have first call on your time. If they don’t schedule you, your time off is yours to do with what you will. Years ago when Target actually cared about team members I wouldn’t have said this, but things are what they are. Don’t sacrifice yourself or your time for for a company that doesn’t care about you. Good luck.

Target doesn’t give you any type of “ balance “ at work. So if you we’re somehow hoping to find that balance then I’m afraid you will be sadly disappointed.

That would be odd, given that I am part time....that would be more understandable for full time

Maybe cut your hours down to 20. And it's retail, so really no reason to worry or think about it once you clock out and leave the store. Also, learn to say no...as in if they call you to come in on your day off, don't. It's okay. They will survive and your sanity will stay intact.

Hi. I can't really cut my hours since I am trying to save up $10,000 by may (when i graduate college) for my Masters degree abroad. I feel like i can handle 25+ hrs but a work+life balance is a challenge

Theres is no balance of work and life at target if you accept full hours.You well end up working 6 days a week 40hr weeks
Every week and your fellow tms well think you live there and if your ever on vacation for a week then rumors well spread that you died. But if course that just might be me and my store

Theres is no balance of work and life at target if you accept full hours.You well end up working 6 days a week 40hr weeks
Every week and your fellow tms well think you live there and if your ever on vacation for a week then rumors well spread that you died. But if course that just might be me and my store

But i am not working full time, i refuse. I said 25-30 hrs a week only.

There's the adage that says in college there's good grades, a social life and sleep and you can pick two. Using that as a guide, you, at 15 units and a job, have picked the two and having a life is out for now.

There's the adage that says in college there's good grades, a social life and sleep and you can pick two. Using that as a guide, you, at 15 units and a job, have picked the two and having a life is out for now.
I'm ok with that. I have no friends and I do nothing but work and go to school, theyre the only things which will put me closer to my goal(s)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back