Archived How much SHOULD each work center make?

Status
Not open for further replies.
. Also don't really know why you're pulling pogs during dayside because pog is usually gone by then... At least they are at my store. They leave around 1230, as dayside comes in. Unless they're pulling for the next day or pulling salesplanners.
To be fair, ETL's at our store will drop POG fills on light aisles daily. Instocks usually has to pull and work them

In my two years with target, working instocks the entire time, I've literally dealt with every workcenter except fitting room and food Ave. To me instocks is one of the most diverse teams. We have to do backroom, we mess around with pog issues and have to fix them often, we deal with clearance pricing missed and deal with discontinued, we deal with guests every day, we work all over the floor and all over the store. I've dealt with countless vendors on a weekly basis. But I'm not about to say we earn more money than other teams... But we should at least earn what backroom makes since I know I do everything they do.
But can you make a bale?

Also don't really know why you're pulling pogs during dayside because pog is usually gone by then... At least they are at my store. They leave around 1230, as dayside comes in.
6am stores don't have any distinction between morning and dayside. POG team comes in at 6am and so does the backroom, and that's the whole backroom team until the closer comes in at 1:30pm. We get asked to pull various types of POG batches for various reasons throughout the day.

Congratulations on your 4 months and come back to comment in 4 years when you have had the chance to actually know what other teams in the store do and what their team's responsibilities actually are.
I'm not claiming to know everything, but at my store there's definitely problems if what you're saying is true. Flow backstocks? I have been overnight with them and they literally laughed when they saw me backstocking. They leave their tons of backstock on the line for a dayside to clean up.

6am stores don't have any distinction between morning and dayside. POG team comes in at 6am and so does the backroom, and that's the whole backroom team until the closer comes in at 1:30pm. We get asked to pull various types of POG batches for various reasons throughout the day.
I'm generally asked to pull atleast half of the POGs at night between price changes and setting the line. Our POGs are really huge, upwards of 40 batches a day. The closer at my store is asked to pull them to give POG team a chance to do the rest.

"no special skill to work at Target?" I disagree. Dependi
^This: a bump for each additional skill but make it mandatory to demonstrate proficiency in order to get the bump.
An ingenious way to cultivate a global workforce.
Exactly. You would still have your primary work center, however when the need arises you can work others. For instance, you have a huge set in Ready to Wear and that team is going to do the adjacencies. Well now you have fully trained team members who can step in to staff the floor. Plano has a few months that are beasts and you could use an extra few team members to get in and out of areas quickly. A fully trained team member can come in and help out.. But there is not enough need to have that many POG team members daily. It would help during Christmas for sure. Hire tons of cashiers and use the fully crossed trained cashiers on the floor. Everyone knows that seasonal sales floor is not really cost effective. You may have 1 or 2 stand outs. The rest are so overwhelmed due to the crappy quick 4th quarter training. But they can cashier. It just seems to me it would really help the team members who want to earn more and grab as many hours as possible. An added bonus is that you might find someone who really excels at something else. I also believe, at the risk of sounding like a koolaid drinker, that knowing more areas and being more valued would help with retention. I know every now and then we will joke about which 5 team members would you staff the store with if everyone else called off. That is the type of team member you would be developing

I'm not claiming to know everything, but at my store there's definitely problems if what you're saying is true. Flow backstocks? I have been overnight with them and they literally laughed when they saw me backstocking. They leave their tons of backstock on the line for a dayside to clean up.

Yeah overnight store here and our flow doesn't backstock shit.

Flow can't set the line. That area must be clear for day to day business to continue. They are long gone by the time this can be done.... and it is not their job. I'd be pretty ticked off if I were trying to complete my backroom work and the line was set, impeding every move I make.
I was referring to before the unload, quickly set since it doesn't take that long with multiple people. Also I don't know how it impedes "every move you make".

I was referring to before the unload, quickly set since it doesn't take that long with multiple people. Also I don't know how it impedes "every move you make".
Okay... not every move. :) It would affect pulling bikes, bulk plastics, furniture, paper, etc. (anything behind the line or around it) Before the unload could work, though.

I'm generally asked to pull atleast half of the POGs at night between price changes and setting the line. Our POGs are really huge, upwards of 40 batches a day. The closer at my store is asked to pull them to give POG team a chance to do the rest.
Not sure where I said that flow backstocks. It isn't part of their job; it is the backroom's job. However, at our store almost every flow team member is crosstrained to backstock and is frequently scheduled to help the backroom. (For SFS... I can make a bale, too.) Our POG team pulls all of their own batches and works them. Yours must have a different style of management.

If your early morning backroom team doesn't backstock, what the hell do they do?
I'm not sure. I've backstocked two massive tubs of toys in less than 20 min during Christmas time. One of them literally moves at sloth speed. They're all buddy buddy with the back room TL.

Last edited:
@Bullseyerc only people overpaid are ETLs and STLs !!
Saying ETLs are overpaid isn't very nice. Sure we see them as talking in the office sipping Starbucks but they aren't working 40 hours it's closer to 60 and closer to 80 hour work weeks without overtime. Yest they get bonuses, but they still work retail lol. Saying they're overpaid is jealousy.

Saying ETLs are overpaid isn't very nice. Sure we see them as talking in the office sipping Starbucks but they aren't working 40 hours it's closer to 60 and closer to 80 hour work weeks without overtime. Yest they get bonuses, but they still work retail lol. Saying they're overpaid is jealousy.
Working 60-80hrs if you sit on your but half of it is still overpaid based on a 50+hr week assumption...

Working 60-80hrs if you sit on your but half of it is still overpaid based on a 50+hr week assumption...
None of our etls just sit around at my store. When they do, it's usually in a meeting or planning for certain pog sets or large numbers of salesplanners.

When you equate their pay to per hour. ETLS don't make all that much.

How hard some of them work varies by store. I find the ones fresh out of college usually work the least and the ones in their 30s and older are a little "hungrier"

STLS are the ones making six figures.

None of our etls just sit around at my store. When they do, it's usually in a meeting or planning for certain pog sets or large numbers of salesplanners.
Two out of four at our store, the third is on the fence depending on if the other is working. If you factor in how much time they waste from the regular tls and srtl it definitely equals out to overpaid at our store. Especially when anything isn't fun it shouldn't be there job to do it...ugh.

I'm not sure this will be popular, but base salaries could easily remain lowish, if and only if annual merit increases and capout figures were more substantial. After several years, all with great reviews through diligent work, making 60 cents an hour more than a new hire with an unknown work ethic is not a way to foster loyalty or hard work for the company.

LOL we make 50 cents over base. And we are overpaid?

Who cleans your break room? Who fixes your punches when you forget to clock in (happens five times a day at my store), who makes sure equipment is checked out so you can get a my device or pda?

Who calls people in so the LOD doesn't focus on the fact you called out for the second time this week? Who reminds your ETL to approve your time off so it doesn't auto deny and you get scheduled anyways? Who has gotten you a third name tag since you can't keep track of yours. Who gets the food on FFF days?

HR isn't needed... FOH, lol

Thank you for responding to this...I had a good laugh..Im not HR but I guess some people believe they dont do much.

Flow should be cashier pay grade. All they do is unload a truck and put merchandise on the shelf....half the time not even taking the time to merch protect it or place it in the correct spot.

AP should be paid more without a doubt, along with HR TM, the receiver, GSAs, service desk, and electronics. TL should be adjusted for the TM increases.

I've always been loud on here about my opinion that VMLs should be making less, a LOT less. $18 to put a bra on a manikin, give me a break. Slightly above Softlines sales floor pay would be adequate. ETLs should also make a lot less, considering most have less retail experience, than the TLs.

No crap...idk how VMLs make as much as they due its a mystery to me. Dont get me wrong I love my VML but they arent really doing anything that someone who is being paid alot less was allready doing for the most part

In my two years with target, working instocks the entire time, I've literally dealt with every workcenter except fitting room and food Ave. To me instocks is one of the most diverse teams. We have to do backroom, we mess around with pog issues and have to fix them often, we deal with clearance pricing missed and deal with discontinued, we deal with guests every day, we work all over the floor and all over the store. I've dealt with countless vendors on a weekly basis. But I'm not about to say we earn more money than other teams... But we should at least earn what backroom makes since I know I do everything they do.

I love my instocks team. The main TM is awesome and does so much for the store. One of the few who actually really care about the job they are doing and challenge leadership. I partner with them and the receiving TM as a PA more than just about any other workcenter/TM

No crap...idk how VMLs make as much as they due its a mystery to me. Dont get me wrong I love my VML but they arent really doing anything that someone who is being paid alot less was allready doing for the most part

VMTLs make as much as senior tls n17. The ones with experience can negotiate a higher price. Our old one and new one both negotiated higher wages than our seniors.

The new VM position make as much as higher grade TLS n15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back