Archived How much SHOULD each work center make?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bullseyerc

GSTL
In terms of base pay, raises, performance. I feel every target team member should make an absolute minimum of 13.50 an hour. Also some extremely underpaid work centers, like GSA and HR, should start at 16 (given that 13.50 was a base pay this would be a 2.50 raise above base pay). In addition to this, do any of you guys believe any workcenter is overpaid?

Last edited:
That's actually what I'm striving for ironically. I really enjoy target and at quite a young age I have broken records in terms of quotas and metrics in the district and have moved up the company quite quickly (Leadership).
@Bullseyerc can you be my STL that sounds great as a well underpaid PA, perishable assistant, after 4 years only making 11.44 / hr, I am truly underpaid.

only people overpaid are ETLs and STLs !!

You should ask for/negotiate for a pay increase. Even in my town the base pay is higher than that. Absolutely not fair and I'm sure you have many valid reasons in why you warrant a pay bump (besides the fact that you have been a PA for FOUR years now)!

Base pay is all relative. People start at 14 dollars an hour where I work but our cost of living is pretty high here.

I think the issue is difference in pay for certain positions and how merit based raises become obsolete when base pay raises.

We have a TM who has been with Target 22 years who has seen all her merit increases wiped out by base pay increases. Is it fair she only makes 16 dollars an hour when someone who wasn't even born when she started working for Target makes 14?

I think that HR is way over paid. I have always thought that HR is unneeded and a waste of payroll. I don't understand why anyone would want the GSA job. Why do team lead work without the pay.
Starting pay should be higher than it is. Target has this great high end image that they have done nothing to earn.

IMO

Sales floor TM(HL and SL) $12.00
Cashiers: $12.00
Pricing TM: $12.50
Consumables TM: $13.00
Cart Attendant: $13.00
Logistics TM(Backroom, Flow, Plano, Instocks, Signing) $13.50
Starbucks/Food ave: $13.50
Brand TM: $13.50
HR TM: $13.50
GSA: $14.00
Receiving TM: $14.00
Perishables Assistant: $14.50
TPS: $15.50
TL including VML: $18.00
Sr.TL: $19.50
APS: $19.50

Last edited:
As for positions I think we are all underpaid. The only positions that seem to pay a fair amount relative to their workload are PMT, VMTL, and STL (six figures)

Everyone else is putting in an awful lot of work for low pay.

Those especially getting screwed

GSA: this is a given, doing a GSTLS job for slightly above cashier pay. Lots of burn out at this position at my store. The good ones promote and everyone else quits. This position was created so Target could cut costs.

All TLs: For a manager to barley make 30,000 maybe less in some states is shameful. They usually carry their departments.

Instocks: 25 cents above base. Really? This is not a mindless position, the good ones problem shoot capacities.

Starbucks: Considering real baristas get Starbucks amazing benefits. Our applicants are usually internals or ditzy minors.

It depends on where you live. $13.50 probably won't get you very far in Los Angeles or Honolulu.

In my area we have a low cost of living and $10.50 for N07 is very reasonable.

I think that HR is way over paid. I have always thought that HR is unneeded and a waste of payroll. I don't understand why anyone would want the GSA job. Why do team lead work without the pay.
Starting pay should be higher than it is. Target has this great high end image that they have done nothing to earn.

LOL we make 50 cents over base. And we are overpaid?

Who cleans your break room? Who fixes your punches when you forget to clock in (happens five times a day at my store), who makes sure equipment is checked out so you can get a my device or pda?

Who calls people in so the LOD doesn't focus on the fact you called out for the second time this week? Who reminds your ETL to approve your time off so it doesn't auto deny and you get scheduled anyways? Who has gotten you a third name tag since you can't keep track of yours. Who gets the food on FFF days?

HR isn't needed... FOH, lol

Last edited:
I'm in one of the most expensive to live places in the country, and I make $11. :rolleyes:
Same, at least I'm assuming Cali is expensive af

1 bed room apt where I live is around 700 for a shitty area, 1k for a good which is pretty much more than I get paid in a month

I would be very interested in knowing what the criteria is that changes a workcenter from one paygrade to another. Is there an actual breakdown anywhere? (What does backroom do that is different from instocks? Are SFS tm's the same as backroom? Etc. etc. and what makes the paygrade go up?)

I'm going to be the unpopular post here but its worth mentioning...
If you think you're underpaid (probably are), take what you've learned and provide value to another employer for more compensation.

Spot isn't going to change. Remember, it took Walmart announcing that they're doing $10/$11 min to all associates and then after lots of pressure (and initial denial), spot followed with $9 minimum then I think it changed to $10. It's still pennies. As sad as it is, loyalty means nothing anymore and if you want to make better money, you need to leave and bounce around. As a matter of fact, people that leave spot have a better chance of coming back at a higher level than they do if they stay loyal and try to promote within. Its not fair, nor is it just, but it's the reality of what's going on.

Backroom should make the most of any normal work center since they do the most work

Regardless of what every team makes, I think that across the board everyone should get a pay raise when minimum raises. I've been the company for over three years and I make the same as someone who has been with the company for over 6 and then there is someone who has been with the company less than the year and they make 25 cents less than us. We all work in the same department. This is what really pisses me off.

flow should start at $12 and be the highest TM role in the store.
BR/instacks $11
POG/Hardline/Softlines/market/pricing $10
cashier/FA/sbux $10.50

and for each work center your trained for, you get a 25c raise TL start @$15 SrTL $18

@Bullseyerc can you be my STL that sounds great as a well underpaid PA, perishable assistant, after 4 years only making 11.44 / hr, I am truly underpaid.

only people overpaid are ETLs and STLs !!

lucky you! ive been with spot for 4 years as well and only make 10.78. peers of mine make around what you do and they started in the following year, or same time. be glad you get what you do. it tell my STL she was a delightful person with pleasant smelling breath to make that amount!

IMO

Sales floor TM(HL and SL) $12.00
Cashiers: $12.00
Pricing TM: $12.50
Consumables TM: $13.00
Cart Attendant: $13.00
Logistics TM(Backroom, Flow, Plano, Instocks, Signing, Receiving) $13.50
Starbucks/Food ave: $13.50
Brand TM: $13.50
HR TM: $13.50
GSA: $14.00
Perishables Assistant: $14.50
TPS: $15.50
TL including VML: $18.00
Sr.TL: $19.50
APS: $19.50
Receiving should have a higher base than backroom. You have a lot more to deal with. Its a long list so i dont want to mention it but at least $1 more than any Logistics postion.

Last edited:
Backroom should make the most of any normal work center since they do the most work
This is your opinion. I would like to know how Target decides which workcenters are a higher paygrade. If you've only ever worked in the backroom you have no idea what any other workcenter does. POG, Instocks, and Price change teams pull, backstock, and work pulls in addition to other tasks required by their workcenters. Grocery teams have to do orders, unload their trucks, push their stock, backstock, pull, etc. Who does the most work? Opinion. There are team members that can pull chemicals, diapers, and BPLS twice as fast and more accurately than some. There are flow team members that can blow through cosmetics and others that can make it an all day project. This is just your opinion.

If you've only ever worked in the backroom you have no idea what any other workcenter does
That is exactly what I think when people complain about how hard they work and say their position is the most work. I've heard people in my stores flow team that say they do the most work in the whole store. In reality, most of our flow team comes in every other day for truck days, and is there 6 to 11. I've worked with flow before and (in my store atleast) flow is easy as shit for the average work load.

Flow should be cashier pay grade. All they do is unload a truck and put merchandise on the shelf....half the time not even taking the time to merch protect it or place it in the correct spot.

AP should be paid more without a doubt, along with HR TM, the receiver, GSAs, service desk, and electronics. TL should be adjusted for the TM increases.

I've always been loud on here about my opinion that VMLs should be making less, a LOT less. $18 to put a bra on a manikin, give me a break. Slightly above Softlines sales floor pay would be adequate. ETLs should also make a lot less, considering most have less retail experience, than the TLs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back