How's Q4

I think this would have been hot this season. Too bad we have to wait for Spring. And, I'm sure if we get the Funko ones in, they will send us only one or two as opposed to the 20 of the 10" ones we usually get. Anyone need more Squirrels? We still have about 50 of them.

About as horrible as last year, which was the worst 4th Q we had ever had at my store. Only now we have less experience overall but more whip-cracking from the ETLs. All of the pleas from the survivors of last year's shitshow to the new leadership for contingency plans and better backroom preparation were promptly ignored.

They're getting their just deserts now though. *shrug* Lack of training and good leadership is hitting hard right now.

Double trucks 7 days a week I think 2 triple this week.
omfg I can't even imagine. 😩 I hope your inbound team is solid.

Last edited:
About as horrible as last year, which was the worst 4Q we had ever had at my store. Only now we have less experience overall but more whip-cracking from the ETLs. All of the pleas from the survivors of last year's shitshow to the new leadership for contingency plans and better backroom preparation were promptly ignored.

They getting their just deserts now though. *shrug* Lack of training and good leadership is hitting hard right now.

omfg I can't even imagine. 😩 I hope your inbound team is solid.
yeah solid but getting exhausted !!

We’re about 700 hours over payroll for the first week of the month. So all in all, pretty good!
How the fu--um...you know what, not my problem.
It’s probably something like what happened at my store that put us close to 400 hours over already this month. Black Friday hours came out of November payroll and we were promised the necessary hours for December. Then cyber Monday hit in December and we never got the hours needed for it. So now we’re bleeding hours to stay caught up with Fulfillment and offering more OT than I’ve seen in over half of a decade just for the workload to cover 10 days.. SD has been going toe to toe with District but still not getting the hours promised. Sucks for everyone except the fortunate dozen TMs/TLs approved for OT. Meanwhile I only got to use 22 of my 30 hours for HR 🤷‍♀️ I don’t want to feel bitter about it. But. I didn’t set up the series of events and yeah it does feel like a punishment for my workcenter. Nevermind the nearly 10 hours I helped on Thanksgiving and the other 10 from Tuesday to help Fulfillment.

Most of our seasonals quit, so we don't have enough TMs to use all of our payroll. One for ones are killing Electronics and Toys. We were banned from doing any overnights or midnight unloads, so we roll truck every day, and we can't blitz out toys like we used to. Sales in Toys are way down since the TMs are either in the back backstocking full u-boats since nothing we're sent goes out, or are pulling one for ones, so there's no TMs to help the guests. (Can you tell who Toys got dumped on, even though it's the busiest time of the year for my team?)

We were trending about 1k in flex hours, but it was at 0 today. We're making sales, but not meeting forecast, so now we're about 350 in the hole. Also had a double added today, another one tomorrow, seasonal TMs dropping like flies (especially in toys and seasonal), and everyone maxed out on hours. I think SD is begrudgingly allowing OT for GM. 🙃

It’s probably something like what happened at my store that put us close to 400 hours over already this month. Black Friday hours came out of November payroll and we were promised the necessary hours for December. Then cyber Monday hit in December and we never got the hours needed for it. So now we’re bleeding hours to stay caught up with Fulfillment and offering more OT than I’ve seen in over half of a decade just for the workload to cover 10 days.. SD has been going toe to toe with District but still not getting the hours promised. Sucks for everyone except the fortunate dozen TMs/TLs approved for OT. Meanwhile I only got to use 22 of my 30 hours for HR 🤷‍♀️ I don’t want to feel bitter about it. But. I didn’t set up the series of events and yeah it does feel like a punishment for my workcenter. Nevermind the nearly 10 hours I helped on Thanksgiving and the other 10 from Tuesday to help Fulfillment.
So, you are only scheduled for 22 hours for the week?

We were trending about 1k in flex hours, but it was at 0 today. We're making sales, but not meeting forecast, so now we're about 350 in the hole. Also had a double added today, another one tomorrow, seasonal TMs dropping like flies (especially in toys and seasonal), and everyone maxed out on hours. I think SD is begrudgingly allowing OT for GM. 🙃

No extra hours, but sure let's add doubles! ....the f@ck, man...

Double trucks more days than not and so many SFS TMs & their damn carts we can't get shit done on the floor or in the backroom. (not blaming any SFS TMs for this)

Though we apparently have enough cashiers these days, as calls for backup are minimum.
That’s exactly my store 😀

In-store has been like a typical busy weekend day when it gets busy, but it feels worse because payroll/hours for the front aren't great. There's also the fact we have so many OPU orders that everyone who's guest services trained gets pulled from register to help tame that line. (Yes, that should be everyone. No, it isn't yet, but we're getting there.) Everyone who knew how to do FF were being pulled to help, but picks calmed waaaay down a day or two after Cyber Monday (which has been good for the floor as those TMs help with zone and reshop when there aren't any picks).

We have a couple of seasonals who seem promising, so that's a positive.

I know we have a couple of weeks left, but while sales have been good and traffic is a little heavier the storage issues and the lines for in-store pickup has been our biggest issue so far--well, that and the Karens who are mad because their orders weren't ready in two hours when there were hundreds of picks in the gun. Aah, to be the center of the universe. 🙄

It seems to me that in-store/drive-up have been far heavier than traditional sales at our store, but there are still 19 days left.

Zero complaints. Doesn’t even feel like Q4 at my store. Making sales in food consistently, but missing total store sales goal every other day. Comps are good. Zone is great. My food back room aisles are leaderless. Getting my outs filled (as long as my SD does the count downs!) it’s going well for use

Thanksgiving weekend was a bit rough, but since then it hasn't been bad at all. I'm not sure if it's because we are slower or because our Style team as a whole is much better than they were last year. We have a couple of good seasonals, one in particular is great at zoning, others are already doing price changes and backstocking. Truck is pushed, and we are on top of reshop like never before, often coming clean at night. That's almost unheard of with Softlines at our store.

I can’t decide what I like better. We had no service desk hours last year and the line was literally to the door at every moment of the day vs. this year with lots of service desk hours, but incredibly dumb tms (since everyone must be trained) causing the line to still be to the door and me pretty much taking 3 guests at one time because the others have so many questions (weeks and months after being service desk trained).

Our seasonals this year aren’t great, but ours were so bad especially with attendance last year that it makes these ones look wonderful and also makes life a little easier.

Completely fine. Were taking doubles like theyre nothing, backroom is clean, salesfloor is full, we have the best sfs metrics in the group. What more can you ask for?
Although this time last year we were in a shit storm, our new SD has been a god send.

Hmmm....in the last two days just counting my INFs of Christmas lights for OPUs my total INF% is over 5%. So, yeah, we're doing great. To quote my SD, everything is so much better than at this time last year. Our team has better people and they know how to do so much more. Apparently, one of those things is not stocking Christmas lights or locating them in the backroom. But, that's OK. We're proof that modernization works.

We had no SD last 4th qtr. We have a new one, that is fucking fantastic. We are killing sales, taking trucks everyday, plus at least 1 double. We finally have the right people in the right areas. Another early seasonal was fired from style. My SD doesn't hold back. I love it! Some of us seasoned tm's are getting OT. Those that get the job done, WITH A SENSE OF URGENCY, old flow team lingo, are appreciated. ASANTS Our style team finally has their shit together, but we have been modernized longer than hardlines. They are getting better.

Back