Archived HSA deductible amount

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone tell me what the deductible for the HSA account is for a single person?

I could have sworn that I read somewhere on some form that it was several thousand dollars. I want to say like $5000 or $6000. I have no idea where I saw that though, or if I am even remembering correctly.

However, today I was talking to our 22 year old clueless ETL-HR about when (and if) I will get benefits, and the costs came up. She was telling me the deductible for the HSA was only like $200, but she wasn't sure and would "check later" for me. (which usually means I'll never hear another word about it) Unfortunately, it seems she knows more about how to decorate clerical with little trinkets than any kind of HR issue.

Can anyone confirm what the deductible actually is?

I think $200 is the first amount paid at the 100%. I don't know the answer to your question, but I suspect your ETL-HR doesn't understand the word/concept of deductible.

You are probably better off calling TMSC/Pay & Benefits center.
The hr team at my store has never been able to answer any HR questions I have. :(

The HSA plan's deductible is very high, and i do believe it is actually around 5000 or so. The HSA plan is for people who do not go to the doctor that often because your paying 100% for a while unless you have a high price emergency. The plan is more of a savings account then anything.

Sidenote the HRA deductible for 1 person I think is 950.00, and Target puts in 350.00. I dont remember what they put in the HSA but I'm thinking its about the same.

I
Targetpayandbenefits.com & ehr have alot of info on it too.

I guess because I don't have benefits, the only info it shows me is 401k information and my old pension plan information.

Yes. I couldn't figure out why that website was so useless for me when everyone else was talking about what it can do. When I became eligible for benefits, then that website got a lot handier.

Sidenote the HRA deductible for 1 person I think is 950.00, and Target puts in 350.00. I dont remember what they put in the HSA but I'm thinking its about the same.

I use the HRA plan so I I know those numbers are correct, and the $350 that Target puts in annually rolls over each year. So for me I won't have any deductible next time I need something since my Target balance will fully cover it. Then the out of pocket maximum for HRA before everything is covered 100% is $3500.

From last year's plan: HSA deductible was $2700 (in-network, $5400 out-of-network) for TM only.
Unused funds roll over to the next year & stay with you if you leave the plan or Target. Out-of-pocket was $5000 (in-network) & $10,000 (out-of-network).
HRA deductible was $950 (in-network, $1750 out-of-network) for TM only.
Unused funds roll over ONLY if you re-enroll in the HRA the following year. Out-of-pocket was $3550 (IN) & $6940 (ON).
Still waiting to check this year's figures.

From last year's plan: HSA deductible was $2700 (in-network, $5400 out-of-network) for TM only.
Unused funds roll over to the next year & stay with you if you leave the plan or Target. Out-of-pocket was $5000 (in-network) & $10,000 (out-of-network).
HRA deductible was $950 (in-network, $1750 out-of-network) for TM only.
Unused funds roll over ONLY if you re-enroll in the HRA the following year. Out-of-pocket was $3550 (IN) & $6940 (ON).
Still waiting to check this year's figures.

in the basic plan, can I cover my spouse?

Was the basic plan for part-time TMs?
If so, I don't have that info.

I had this HRA this year and covered my spouse/children. Target put $850 in my family account. Then I pay another $1100, then I pay 20% to Target's 80% theoretically. I never used the $850 so it will roll over to 2013. I understand that in 2013, we have to "earn" half of the Target donation by doing the two surveys (the biometric and whatever the other one was that we got gift cards for in 2012).

Okay. I am very leery of this plan since it is now basically the only choice.

1) Some questions; is the monthly deduction comparable to the old PPA plan (like $30-40/check)?

2) How does this work? I assume wellness visits are covered (no charge)? If I need to go to a regular doctor after the wellness visit am I paying a percentage, or 100% until I meet a deductible?

3) I have seen some people mention that "Unused funds roll over to the next year & stay with you if you leave the plan or Target." What does it mean when you say that they stay with you if you leave Target? I was under the impression it would be forfeited?

Sorry if I sound like an idiot, I find all this health insurance stuff so confusing.

I have the hra plan and until you meet your deductible you are responsible for %100 of non preventative visits ie having a cold, etc. if you haven't used up the $350 target allots to you that money will go toward your bill. If you know that you are going to use up your deductible and can afford it I would put your deductible amount in a Fsa account that way you pay less out if your pay check in the long run and you don't have to worry about immediate out of pocket expense. The Fsa money is all pre tax I put $500 in mine and target takes $19 per pay check to cover that expense.

Pharmgirl, your explanation makes it seem as though there is no coverage for non preventative visits. When I went to the doc for non preventative visit:

Amt Billed: $25.
Plan Discount: $14.
You Plan Paid: $ 0.
Your Total Responsibility: $11.
Consumer Paid Account $11. (This came from the $850 Target "gave" me at the start of my HRA contract)
Total Amt You Owe Provider $ 0.

So the first $850 (family plan) you "spend" is paid by Target. Then the next $1100 is the family deductible which comes out of your pocket. Then Target splits bills with you 80/20. (Edit to add) After you've spent your total out of pocket expense, Target picks up 100%.

It's really not a bad plan...if you can afford the premium and that's the rub. I don't understand how anyone can pay the premiums and support a family on Target pay. In fact, I can't figure out how anyone can support a family on Target pay much less buy insurance. That being said, Target's insurance premiums are cheap compared to others I've been a party to.

Last edited by a moderator:
Execu-tards will always beat around the bush. The more confusing, the better, "roll the red tape, seal your lips, now your done in."Sorry, I just had to use my term Execu-tards. Good luck figuring out the rambling **** rhetoric of open enrollment. Insurance companies are seeing financial security, the employees typically see nothing, they're robbed blind by (A)Target"Expecting More and Pay" ing "less". and (B)The high insurance deductibles and costs per paycheck when you already make too little. My advice is make sure to place your name tag, Target bulls-eye and all, on the left hand side so when Target takes their shot they can at least make it a kill shot and end all the misery of a dead end job more quickly.

sorry i used up my target money so i was talking in terms of when you are trying to meet your deductible because at that point until i pay my $650 out of pocket expensive target is essentially paying nothing for my non preventative office visits.

sorry i used up my target money so i was talking in terms of when you are trying to meet your deductible because at that point until i pay my $650 out of pocket expensive target is essentially paying nothing for my non preventative office visits.

And this is why I'm convinced that Spot has really doesn't really care about its TMs.

At the risk of sounding argumentative, I've probably had more health insurance plans than many of you have had years past high school. Yes, I'm old and have been in the workforce for many, many years. Not one plan has ever had a zero deductible. I've always had to play the first few thousand dollars on non-preventative care. Some of the deductibles I've had were several thousand. That Target gives my family $850 towards a comparatively low deductible spells out a good insurance plan.

honestly i find a plan like the PPO much more manageable. I can afford to put aside 30-40 a week if it means my visits will not be over idk, what is it, $65? If i have an appointment or procedure that is over $100 im out. i can't afford that.

At the risk of sounding argumentative, I've probably had more health insurance plans than many of you have had years past high school. Yes, I'm old and have been in the workforce for many, many years.
Then you probably remember when HMOs first rolled out. I certainly do. I was finishing college when the concept was being introduced.
And, yes, I've been on self-payer plans, company plans, COBRA, FSAs - you name it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back