Do you enjoy huddle?

• Yes

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 52 62.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck a huddle. We haven't had a "huddle" in years. What we DO have are zoning parties.

And WHO gives a flying fuck what the store's projections are? That shit is for ETLs, who get bonuses for meeting/exceeding sales.

TM might get a free snack and drink at close, that's about it.

Fuck huddles.
That's sad because I enjoy them. they bring pride into the work when everyone actually tells what is going on, rather then hiding it behind office doors.

Huddles are OK. I appreciate the info and am always more than willing to speak up during them. Having said that, as a SLTM I am bitter that the huddles are cover for 4x4ing revolving departments of hardlines or pushing some FDC or mini-seasonal pallets. Softlines gets no love ever. And we could’ve used it 4th quarter when we were drowning.
Softlines gets no love because Softlines is like wight walkers. No one knows where the clothes goes.

got_ep605_cut_i_vam_20160418_001407051_-_copy-h_2016.jpg

A huddle is fine but I know an ETL who holds huddles way too long and talks about efficiency while doing so...EVERY WEEK. C'mon! We are some of the most efficient in the district. Your 10 minute long talks with us about how our efficiency keeps jumping up and down needs to stop when we never fall below a green score! Just do a huddle when things are going yellow or there's a new policy implemented! Fuck!!!!

At my store we only have huddles on Monday’s. We go over stuff for the week, items that we can push that week, cartwheel things, our sales from last week, stuff like that.

I enjoy huddles since one of my core duties as a TPS is to attend huddles for safety topics/current scams/BOLOs and I feel that other team members let their guard down during huddles. AP can be a little lonely at times.

At my store we only have huddles on Monday’s. We go over stuff for the week, items that we can push that week, cartwheel things, our sales from last week, stuff like that.

Like how hard would it be to have the gstl relay this kind of info to us, the front end team? Not hard and yet...crickets.

Oh, you were discussing huddle?

carry on....:(

Have only attended 1 huddle and it was on my first day. It was a talent show in the market section while they had pallets of frozen food to push out and we were all right in the way. We were also in the way of guests. And then my first ever shift at cashier consisted of guest complaining about the long lines and that they couldn’t find anyone to help them find things.

From that experience, I’d say huddles are a bad idea. But, in theory, I think if they were executed better then that could be a good idea.

Can’t say much from my 1-huddle experience, but how would it work if the people who walkie in that they can’t come to huddle at that specific time were told to switch to 4 like half an hour after huddle? Then someone who attended huddle could quickly brief them on what they missed?
Or is huddle literally just a “go team go” cheerleading thing?

Huddles were fun back in the day. You learned about what the rest of the team was working on, how your store was doing, and it felt like people were actually engaged. Nowadays, the only reason we have them is because we’re forced to. We regurgitate the same information, and there’s really only a couple team members present; ETLs/TLs make up 90% of them.

Like how hard would it be to have the gstl relay this kind of info to us, the front end team? Not hard and yet...crickets.

My store is supposed to send a ‘representative’ from the front lanes. But it doesn’t happen most of the time.

grab the GSTM from Guest Services and have them watch the lanes while the GSTL goes to huddle

nvm that makes too much sense for stores to do that

Huddle is 8am most days. We all say good morning, recognition if you have it, tls report what the teams are working on, etls talk about upcoming stuff or district goals. Then we 4x4 crap for at least 30 mins. Often from when huddle is over til 9am. I like it, unless the same tl is bitching about people and trying to make it look helpful to give a psa about best practice and responding to backup calls, even though they don't follow their own advice.

Remember to always make a smart ass remark at the end of the huddle, everyone's got the clap on three: 1, 2, 3 *claps*

Or is huddle literally just a “go team go” cheerleading thing?

None of the huddles I've been to are like that--they will ask for recognition, but most people don't have it, so that's not really part of it. They talk about stuff we should be aware of, upcoming notable events that will impact the store or that guests will ask about or things like the new denim line and stuff like that. Sometimes HL ETL will do a "training moment" like how spider wraps work or printing labels and such that we really should be trained in if Target actually trained people properly...

None of the huddles I've been to are like that--they will ask for recognition, but most people don't have it, so that's not really part of it. They talk about stuff we should be aware of, upcoming notable events that will impact the store or that guests will ask about or things like the new denim line and stuff like that. Sometimes HL ETL will do a "training moment" like how spider wraps work or printing labels and such that we really should be trained in if Target actually trained people properly...

In that case, I’m all for huddles! Useful info and camaraderie/getting to know other TMs is great! I guess I’m just salty since the huddles I’ve seen have been a huge waste of time (and most the time I’m not invited to them ).p

In that case, I’m all for huddles! Useful info and camaraderie/getting to know other TMs is great! I guess I’m just salty since the huddles I’ve seen have been a huge waste of time (and most the time I’m not invited to them ).p
Kinda hard to be invited to them when they are only announced on the radio and Cashiers don't have them.

good point @Flow Warrior
I always have a walkie on me but can’t attend huddles because I usually have to cover the front so the GSTL can go to huddle. So I just get to hear about the huddle from the walkie after and reassure the other cashiers they didnt miss anything

We actually had a front end huddle yesterday.... :eek:

Huddles? What are those. Ever since E2E, I might have gone to 3 in the past year. Now they just have hour long push parties. I’m the last to know about any changes, big or small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back