Do you enjoy huddle?

• Yes

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 52 62.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Used to have a huddle every shift I worked and what a waste of time. The same people got recognized for the same things - sales goal was missed or exceeded - AAR goal was missed or exceeded - we're green in these areas - big deal. So glad they rarely happen anymore because I'd just as soon get my work done and leave. When we do have one now, it's generally to announce something that no one likes. Or if it's something like a disliked TL is moving to a different store, you have to remember to bite your tongue and not smile until after huddle is done and you're walking away.

We have one every once in a blue moon. I wish we'd have one just for the sake of communicating all the new processes so everybody knows what's happening. I don't give a flying fuck about sales, but it would have been great if I had been told that I'm suddenly supposed to start sorting repacks in the back sometime before literally everyone else in the store knew about it...

The only huddles that happen at my store include the people who don't have shit to do, so most execs and their posse of ass kissing TLs and TMs. They all congratulate each other for sales or talk about what they want to buy from a new release, etc. Then about half of them head off to Starbucks to relax from their hard work.

We do "work party" huddles while packing. I make sure to schedule someone from a different work center and train them in SFS picking and packing then have them teach us the most important things they know for the work center. Sometimes I lead the TM by asking leading questions. It might slow down SFS but once a week it's good to learn how other people do things.

On the floor most of the time we do smart huddles in morning and recognition in the evening. Personally I hate doing recognition, you shouldn't be recognized for doing your job, you should be recognized for going above and beyond so most of my recognition goes to people who are working outside their work center or near perfect zones during peak hours.

Ideally, when you're zoning there shouldn't usually be a TM close enough to talk to... at least not for but just a few minutes, until one of you need to head off somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back