Do you enjoy huddle?

• Yes

Votes: 31 37.3%
  • No

Votes: 52 62.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's an every now and then thing at my store. Really depends on what is going on. Evening shift on weekends has very senior TM's, so it's generally skipped. Mainly it's because everyone knows what needs to get done and has multiple skill levels to assist in other areas. I do enjoy huddle on occasion to update other TM's regarding new releases and such.

We actually had a front end huddle yesterday.... :eek:

How does that work? Early in the day, there's 3 TM's and the GSTL. Later in the day a few more TMs but then the store is busy and the lines are backed up.

Other than the logistics, a huddle kinda sounds like a nice change of pace.

I miss the way huddles used to be. Now we have one for Softlines & one for Hardlines. It's usually only at close, although we have dayside ones. Back then, we'd get snacks and it'd all be one big huddle that was short and to-the-point. Now it's 30-minutes of insanity. And of course those TMs who want to complain but have the work ethic of a log when it comes to getting actual stuff done afterward.

How does that work? Early in the day, there's 3 TM's and the GSTL. Later in the day a few more TMs but then the store is busy and the lines are backed up.

Other than the logistics, a huddle kinda sounds like a nice change of pace.
Sales floor team members were called up to cover the lanes so we could all get off for a few minutes. Except I was out on reshop and GSA failed to call me in, so I didn't know about it until LOD happened to pass by me in A block. And no, no "smart" huddle or push party. Just talking about stuff that's been happening, such as a guest who pulled the old "shelf tag said" crap to get a relatively expensive skin care item for about 75% off. But STL told us that we're supposed to just do it, no matter how ridiculous it sounds, and to have the system ready for a supervisor override if needed so GSA/GSTL/LOD can just type in their numbers and get the guest on their way.

I'm surprised that Front End Huddles aren't a common thing. When I worked at a Grocery store, We were required to have a Front End huddle twice a day, for each shift. Talking about Front updates

I'm surprised that Front End Huddles aren't a common thing. When I worked at a Grocery store, We were required to have a Front End huddle twice a day, for each shift. Talking about Front updates

Do you really want to attend a huddle at the front over RED Cards or Nps?

I love huddles it’s like a quick break from what your doing besides hearing the information about the store that no one cares about LOL except the team leads and Etls I find team members find them a waste of time and useless because they do not care how the store is doing but another reason I like them is to point things out that you just want to tell every team member but not like they ever listen anyways!

On flow when were told were having a huddle it means that were all going to get lectured at for something we did or that were taking extra trucks and have to work at 1:30am instead of 4am
So nope i dont like huddles

I love huddles it’s like a quick break from what your doing besides hearing the information about the store that no one cares about LOL except the team leads and Etls I find team members find them a waste of time and useless because they do not care how the store is doing but another reason I like them is to point things out that you just want to tell every team member but not like they ever listen anyways!

I'm just a TM and I wish we still had huddles because I did like knowing how the store was doing. They were also our only communication when things were changing.

Last edited:
It’s a double edge sword, the folks get hurt the most in Face areas. Also, when the boosters come in too... I keep my electronics tm back there.

It’s a double edge sword, the folks get hurt the most in Face areas. Also, when the boosters come in too... I keep my electronics tm back there.

Asant. we are low theft; low volume. Hardcore thieves hit early morning or late evening when they know AP isn't there.

I'll usually leave the huddle if someone calls for Electronics, and I'll come back If its necessary

My store has huddles sometimes. Usually its for big things (example: Remodel, New STL, New clothing line, Holiday prep). It is kind of a waste of time only because its easy for me to ask any ETL whats happening. As said above, if someone pushes a damn electronics call button during one of these then I flea immediately. The worst part is that we have them in places where most guests see us, (like produce/starbucks or accessories = direct front/middle before check lanes) and they barge in and ask us stupid questions "where is _______" or try to insert themselves with lame jokes like "working hard or hardly working ha ha ha".
Evening > Morning huddles imo.

No huddled or communication of any kind anymore.

Team members aren't worthy of being heard and leadership refuses to answer questions of why the store is about to implode from their choices.

Reactions: Him
We've had way fewer huddles under our new STL. They were a daily occurrence under our old one and huge waste of time...pulling everyone in the store except the cashiers away from their workcenters so we could listen his stream of consciousness babbling for 45 minutes. He really liked to harp on pushing SquareTrade attachments and when I pointed out that it's ultimately up to the guest if they want the warranty, it really cut him deep (while the ETLs were trying to hold back snickers).

Our new STL is all business and no nonsense, and generally if he needs to tell everyone something he'll put it in an email to the ETLs for them to pass on. Weirdly enough, our SquareTrade attachments have actually gone up since he started.

Huddles have changed since back when I started with Spot. It’s gone from informative, to as @Kartman said, “bullshit work parties” to not even being done at all!!! A huddle SHOULD be about 5 mts, give out some stats and recognition, and THATS IT. If it draws on longer for “helping out a backed up workcenter”, things get ugly. And I mean from Leadership straight down to the tm’s.

I've seen other parts of the store do huddles, but have never been a part of one in the backroom since I've been at my store.

Can't speak to mornings, but evening huddles only happen at my store if 2 particular ETLs are closing or the STL (and he pretty much never closes these days). So we realistically get 1 huddle a week in the evenings.

Now that remodel is wrapping up it's less necessary, but it was really nice to have a weekly summary of what's changing without having to chase down an ETL and ask (or, really, that one ETL, because he was aware of the details of the remodel more than other ETLs).

Huddles are OK. I appreciate the info and am always more than willing to speak up during them. Having said that, as a SLTM I am bitter that the huddles are cover for 4x4ing revolving departments of hardlines or pushing some FDC or mini-seasonal pallets. Softlines gets no love ever. And we could’ve used it 4th quarter when we were drowning.

We zone shoes when we have huddle :)
All my shifts are closings and we probably have huddle 60% of the time, it really depends on the LOD. I kind of like them though, you get to chat with people you don’t work closely with

We have a huddle every morning after our first break. My ETL says truck size, good job on the unload, recognizes ppl, talks about sales,etc. if he's off, my TL will not bother with one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back